Forum Home Forum Home > Arcade > High Scores
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Out Run

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nurtuo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2020 at 6:59am
Originally posted by cosine cosine wrote:

I've watched John Beresford play it at Arcade Club, the man is a beast!

He is indeed one quick chap!

And the reason that I kept pushing to catch him up.

As far as I am aware Mr Beresford and I are the only UK players to get into the 49,000,000s
in our pursuit of the magic 50 million.

As you will see from NeoRetro's Neon Knights High Score Board, posted above,
my good friend MaxRom is also one of the Fastest Outrunners. 
Only a matter of time before he breaks the 49,000,000 as well.

My best advise is to make sure your settings are correct, Normal Time/Normal Traffic
and learn the roads as much as you can. 
It is possible to control the traffic a little, but only if you are on a fast run.

I have not really been playing OutRun since late last year, for one reason or another.
Most of my Games have been on Pole Position, chasing the top guys there.

Perhaps it's time to see if the old Ferrari will start up again, after that amount of time. LOL

You're Cool, The Engines Hot, The Girl Is Gorgeous, A Tankful Of Gas And An Open Road......The Rest Is Up To You!
agent4125 View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agent4125 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2020 at 6:01pm
Well played Eddie, great scoring, but I'm on your tail! :D

2 goes today and gone from 36m to 39m.  Hit a couple of cars...grr... but happy with that score! :)

Love this game!!
Blog: https://www.agent4125.com/
Wanted: Robotron upper coin door/mech. Star wars Upright Speaker Grille. A cheap working vector board for testing my XY Kit.
nurtuo View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nurtuo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2020 at 6:49pm
Top Driving James.

Just a quick piece of advice, video your runs and show your settings at the
end of your fast runs.

As soon as you get down below the 4.50s people just assume you are using the
easy settings or the gear gatcha and fast pull off the line tricks.

It will really pee you off when you get that fast and everyone just says you are cheating!

Keep up the Good Work.
You're Cool, The Engines Hot, The Girl Is Gorgeous, A Tankful Of Gas And An Open Road......The Rest Is Up To You!
agent4125 View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agent4125 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2020 at 8:23pm
Heh... it's a shame people think like that.   I can't think of anything more boring than using some cheat or gimmick to play the game.

Edited by agent4125 - 30 Jun 2020 at 8:24pm
Wanted: Robotron upper coin door/mech. Star wars Upright Speaker Grille. A cheap working vector board for testing my XY Kit.
minwah View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minwah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2020 at 5:02pm
Originally posted by nurtuo nurtuo wrote:

It is possible to control the traffic a little, but only if you are on a fast run.

How do you do that?!

I've been trying this RLRR route...and I'm terrible at it. I can get much better times with RRRR. Must try harder.
agent4125 View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agent4125 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2020 at 9:14pm
Yeah Eddie, how DO you do that? :D  Spill the beans.

New High score for me today, a smidge over 43 mil.  There were bits I could have improved upon too.  Will keep working at it.  If/when I get close to 48-49 mil then I'll start recording it.  Happy with today's go though! :)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic