Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > Tech, Maintenance & Repairs
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Outrun ground wireing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mykill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Outrun ground wireing
    Posted: 18 Jun 2017 at 10:10am
So after putting the machine back together I got 5 ground wires left , I'm guessing they go to the pcb cages and so on .?

Edited by Mykill - 18 Jun 2017 at 10:24am
Don't touch the red wire
tin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2017 at 10:47am
The other end of these are all tied together inside the area with the 5v PSU and the motor drive board?
This is your crew chief // Yeah, the course is really tough // But it's a beautiful day // So good luck!
Mykill View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mykill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2017 at 11:38pm
Thanks ,One from the base ,one goes towards the cp ,one is bolted to the moving bracket behind movement board ,one is to the main power switch ,last one is from fan on the back of the access panel.
I looked in the manual but wasn't to clear could I attach all to the ground on the psu?

Don't touch the red wire
tin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2017 at 11:49pm
Must admit I had to reassemble mine from a pile of parts and I was not sure either. I screwed them all onto one of the pedal mounting bolts - to ensure they're earthed too. Maybe someone with a never disassembled dlx could take a look?

I'm sure mine had a lot more than 5 tho. I'll take a look when time allows..

Edited by tin - 18 Jun 2017 at 11:50pm
This is your crew chief // Yeah, the course is really tough // But it's a beautiful day // So good luck!
tin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 10:58am
Fair enough, mine has 6 one of which comes from the pedals themselves. I have just tied them altogether on one of the bolts on the pedals. Could well be wrong ;)
Mykill View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mykill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 1:27pm
I think they go to FG (frame ground )?on the psu ,well some of them
Also a few broken wires and a few just twisted to fix up,bolt down the coin tower next
Don't touch the red wire
PhilT View Drop Down

2 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

2 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 10:41pm
My dlx does not have any ground wires going to the 5v PSU. Most of them terminate in a large star-ground which is screwed into the wood close to the pedal assembly then go to the ground point on the power assembly which is directly connected to the mains ground wire.

I believe most of these ground wires are for electrical safety where a person can come into contact with a metal surface. Hence they run from the pedal assembly, gear assembly, coin door, steering assembly etc to a ground. It ensures theres never any significant voltage on those surfaces so a person touching it cannot get a shock even if they become live for a moment before a fuse blows.

tin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 10:50pm
That makes a lot of sense. Will have a look out for the equivalent "star-ground" thingy on mine. I thought everything looked sufficiently earthed and wondered if they just all met somewhere in that compartment, sounds like they should.

SUPERSPRINT View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SUPERSPRINT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2017 at 9:10am
They should all connect to a common point, important that they connect the mains earth, as this bonds all metal work to each other and to ground to prevent potential voltage between metal parts.
Mykill View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mykill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2017 at 2:42pm
Sorted most of the wires.is ith pcb cage got a groud on it ?
Also thanks ,although I'm go a have more questions lol
Don't touch the red wire
tin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2017 at 5:48pm
I'll take a look at mine again when I go back to the unit, see if I can work out where each goes.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic