ukVac.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > Artwork and Restorations
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Outrun mini side art

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benskelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Outrun mini side art
    Posted: 20 Apr 2018 at 7:43am
So still in the process of restoring my outrun mini, not detailed much of it in here as there’s plenty of others on and they’ve really helped me.
Originally I was going to just paint it black and get the sticker set for it but as I’ve seen others use their own method of stencils and paint I thought I’d rather do this. So I’ve had the side art redrawn now and about to start the slow and tricky job of applying the stencil.
Here’s where I’m up to.
Wish me luck.
If it turns out to be pretty simple and if anyone is interested I can get some more stencils printed. Not sure of price yet but if a few want them it’ll bring the cost down.
nurtuo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nurtuo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2018 at 7:56am
Nice work. I do like to see the original stencil going on back on the Cabarets.
Please post me as you move forward.
You're Cool, The Engines Hot, The Girl Is Gorgeous, A Tankful Of Gas And An Open Road......The Rest Is Up To You!
itruk View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote itruk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2018 at 8:03am
Gives me flashbacks of creating the stencil for mine last year! Remember to roll the excess paint so that you're basically dry rolling it on and to not let the paint dry before removing the stencil since it'll chip the nice painted lines when you remove it.

Here's mine from the painting stage:
http://www.ukvac.com/forum/outrun-mini-major-restore_topic357765_page4.html

Good luck!
Iwashi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iwashi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2018 at 8:20am
Awesome work can't wait to see it painted.

Originally posted by itruk itruk wrote:

Gives me flashbacks of creating the stencil for mine last year! Remember to roll the excess paint so that you're basically dry rolling it on and to not let the paint dry before removing the stencil since it'll chip the nice painted lines when you remove it.

Here's mine from the painting stage:
http://www.ukvac.com/forum/outrun-mini-major-restore_topic357765_page4.html

Good luck!
It looked brighter when it was on the side but once upright it look Gorgeous. awesome.

I gave up restoring my outrun cabinet for now but those pictures just make me want to get back to it.
sh*t.Is not this a Great Beginning
wim outrun repro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wim outrun repro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2018 at 6:31pm
Hi. Cool work.
If you start to sell these stencils.
I need one.
Cheers wim outrun
slowcade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slowcade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2018 at 6:57pm
I'll take a set of stencils too please. Smile
Benskelton View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benskelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2018 at 7:20pm
To be fair Itruk it was your work that made me decide on the stencil rather than the full sticker set. Really good job on the restore. Been painting today and attempting to take the stencil off shortly. Just applied the last coat about half an hour ago. Made a bit of a mistake on the red paint I got so has needed a few coats. They’re right when they say you get what you pay for!!

Edited by Benskelton - 20 Apr 2018 at 7:21pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benskelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2018 at 7:41pm

So after 5 coats of paint (pay the extra for good 1 coat paint) here’s one side finished. Just need to do a little touch up on the box behind the sega logo, the paint had dried there and stuck to the stencil. All in all I’m made up with it!
wim outrun repro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wim outrun repro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2018 at 11:07pm
Nice clean look.well done.
Cheers wim outrun

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benskelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2018 at 6:49pm
As I’ve now finished both sides and am in the process of putting it all back together I’d thought I’d ask if anyone was interested in buying the stencils? Really easy to apply with low tack so won’t pull off any under paint. They’re £95 plus P&P. I’ve also got the glass bezel artwork, it apples to the back of the glass. I got a new bit of glass for £20 or you can clean up the original. This is £35 plus P&P.
Cheers
slowcade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slowcade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2018 at 7:49pm
I'm still interested in the stencils.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benskelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2018 at 7:55pm
Originally posted by slowcade slowcade wrote:

I'm still interested in the stencils.

Let me know if you want them and I’ll send you my paypal, should be ready for next week.
slowcade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slowcade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2018 at 5:55pm
Ok, please send me your paypal info. Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic