Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > Artwork and Restorations
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

outrun panel and paint

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clarkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2018 at 3:17pm
Looking great, now about to start work on my own. Due to decorating etc I can’t work on the main base etc due to space but I am going to strip the body work and start on that.

I have all the boards out so can work on them as well.
Mykill View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mykill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2018 at 12:00am
Mine had a lot of repair work so has taken longer than I thought ,had to get repaired boards which are hard to find and prices are crazy ,as for the base I have lack of room also but went through re greased all thr gears,threads and bearings (micro Greece nipple) I'm gonna paint the base in two or three months with better weather .
Good luck with the restore
Don't touch the red wire
Mykill View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mykill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2018 at 12:52am
Though I'd add this the start of the restore lol
http://www.ukvac.co.uk/forum/outrun-dlx_topic358274_page1.html
Don't touch the red wire
clarkey View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clarkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2018 at 9:25am
Originally posted by Mykill Mykill wrote:

Mine had a lot of repair work so has taken longer than I thought ,had to get repaired boards which are hard to find and prices are crazy ,as for the base I have lack of room also but went through re greased all thr gears,threads and bearings (micro Greece nipple) I'm gonna paint the base in two or three months with better weather .
Good luck with the restore

Cheers, and you. I will do a thread soon once I have started to make some progress.
Mykill View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mykill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2018 at 12:23am
Coin door
Found a brand new coin button under the blank from another game

Edited by Mykill - 14 Jul 2018 at 12:33am
Don't touch the red wire
Mykill View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mykill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2018 at 12:53pm
Powered up I have sound and picture I'll have to calibrate steering as its a bit out and is affecting movement showing a movement left limit switch fault ,dash is lit up brake lights go ,credits up ,shakes when you crash ,gonna do a bit of reading on the setting
Pics tommrow
Don't touch the red wire
tin View Drop Down

2 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

2 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2018 at 5:59pm
Sounds ace, this is the first power up?

Edited by tin - 19 Jul 2018 at 5:59pm
This is your crew chief // Yeah, the course is really tough // But it's a beautiful day // So good luck!
Mykill View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mykill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2018 at 9:26pm
Yep first power up ,played a few games but was late more games today   
Don't touch the red wire
Mykill View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mykill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2018 at 11:19pm
I've got most of done,ordered a limit switch and pot 5 ohm for the movement.still moves just further right than left.
Still looking for steering wheel center

Edited by Mykill - 26 Jul 2018 at 11:29pm
Don't touch the red wire
nurtuo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nurtuo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2018 at 7:51am
Great work.
Good luck finding a wheel centre.
I would think most are looking for them.
You're Cool, The Engines Hot, The Girl Is Gorgeous, A Tankful Of Gas And An Open Road......The Rest Is Up To You!
clarkey View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clarkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2018 at 9:00am
Originally posted by Mykill Mykill wrote:

I've got most of done,ordered a limit switch and pot 5 ohm for the movement.still moves just further right than left.
Still looking for steering wheel center

Clap

Mine feels a long long way from that, but it's great inspiration. There are some center's on ebay US but they are not amazing quality.

Cheers
nurtuo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nurtuo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2018 at 9:22am
Only correct original centres are allowed on DLXs.
That's the Outrun Law.
I am trying to buy a few from the US at the moment.
If I do the deal, you guys are first in line.
You're Cool, The Engines Hot, The Girl Is Gorgeous, A Tankful Of Gas And An Open Road......The Rest Is Up To You!
nurtuo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nurtuo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2018 at 9:32am
I was very lucky with one of my Outruns supplied with one.

Still looking for another!
beckscc2010 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beckscc2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2018 at 9:58am
Same for me, im also looking for original center cap!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic