ukVac.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Trading Post > For Sale
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Outrun/Space Harrier DLX Compatible Motor PCBs.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Outrun/Space Harrier DLX Compatible Motor PCBs.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
John Bennett View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote John Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Outrun/Space Harrier DLX Compatible Motor PCBs.
    Posted: 10 Sep 2018 at 9:44pm
OK, we are now 'officially' gauging worldwide interest in our:
UKVAC motor drive PCBs, compatible with Space Harrier Deluxe and Outrun Deluxe

As you have probably seen in our development thread (please log-in), these are a reproduction of the triac-based motor drive PCB found in the two motorised cabinets.

Key features:

*Replicates the look and form of the original PCB closely in footprint, component layout and track routing.

*Replicates the operation of the original PCB exactly, down to circuit level.

*Dual-pinned sockets with jumpers to allow fitment of modern alternatives to obsolete components:
    ATF22V10 GAL -> PLS153 PAL
    IL420 -> TLP511GA (triac driver)
(The board is supplied with modern components).

*Dual-channel for use in either game. GAL's replicate either 3155160 or 3155160A PAL's via a jumper, to select the correct motor speed.

*Open-source design with schematics and user manual.

Customised 2.54mm pin headers are used in-place of the Amphenol 26 and 34 way I/O connectors as these are obsolete.

This is intended to be a non-profit project for the enthusiasts, so the price will be approx: £80 + postage.
This is £58 for parts & box, £20 for assembly and test and a £2 margin.

Should we make a profit (via bulk buying) after all orders are sent and dev parts covered, we will donate the money to UKVAC.

Shipping costs abroad are yet to be established.

This is a hobbyist, non-commercial project and we do not offer a warranty, although we will do a basic test on each shipped unit and will try to help in the event of any issues.

The board is in prototype testing stage at the moment and we hope to begin shipping the first units by October/November (we will attempt to do first come-first served).

All questions welcome here or on the development thread

So please, spread the word and place your pre-orders here . We will contact you to take payment when we are ready to order the components.

Pre-Orders list:
tin: 2 => Shipped PCB #3, pending Prototype Y
u72: 4
karlcdoe: 1 => Shipped PCB #2
clarkey: 1 => Shipped PCB #4
iamjimmi: 2 => Shipped PCB #1, pending 1x & lamp board
mykill: 2
2huwman: 1 => Shipped, Prototype X
Bicton: 3
Fredo: 1
SpaceDream1985: 4
Deadline: 1
glstar: 4
ataritoobin: 1
digdug007: 2
PhilT: 1
Jodo: 2
El Caracho: 1
handbakedarcade: 2
ar2r: 3
Svendlink: 1
esoteric_rt: 1
RJK: 2
Linvhoo: 2
ttcaven: 1

Version        - Ordered (shipped)
V1.0 Prototype - 1/3        (1)
V1.1 Release   - 44/50      (4)

Edited by John Bennett - 04 Dec 2018 at 8:04am
http://www.philwip.com -sibling 'fix-off' (I’m losing by miles).
tin View Drop Down

2 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2018 at 9:47pm
I will definitely take two of 'em please :)

can't wait to see how popular this is.

Edited by tin - 10 Sep 2018 at 9:47pm
This is your crew chief // Yeah, the course is really tough // But it's a beautiful day // So good luck!
griffo83x View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote griffo83x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2018 at 9:48pm
Wow! great stuff , keeping these cabs alive Thumbs Up
wanted video wizard/ Ec midi / similar jamma cab :)
J69 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2018 at 9:51pm
Feel privileged to have seen this in person.
u72 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote u72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2018 at 10:53pm
Can I take 4 please?
Visit the Largest Classic Video Arcade in Europe!

Arcade Club Home Page
karlcdoe View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karlcdoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2018 at 10:53pm
I'll take one.

Cheers

Karl.
clarkey View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clarkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2018 at 11:09pm
Put me down for 1 please.

Thanks

(Edited amount, had put 2 in error)

Edited by clarkey - 11 Sep 2018 at 8:03pm
iamjimmi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote iamjimmi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2018 at 11:49pm
I wont be popular saying this, but I think you could almost double the price. You guys have put a lot effort into this... if there isnt payback you might not complete another project and then everyone loses...

But at that price I am in for two fully assembled please!

Have you advertised on KLOV?

Mykill View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mykill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2018 at 2:09am
Could you put me down for two please
Don't touch the red wire
smarty View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smarty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2018 at 6:33am
Originally posted by iamjimmi iamjimmi wrote:

I wont be popular saying this, but I think you could almost double the price. You guys have put a lot effort into this... if there isnt payback you might not complete another project and then everyone loses...

I was thinking the same, it’s certainly underpriced for the effort and value it actually gives to a DLX cab.

I’m sure you won’t have a problem making a few batches at this price point.
jumpnfire.com

MOST WANTED CABS:
Atari Return of the Jedi upright.
Atari Pole Position euro cab.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2018 at 7:59am
I know, if this was a business, it would be madness

But... I consider it an experiment in a group working together and my time is free - it's been fun and the payback is in people appreciating it and enjoying it (and hopefully volunteers for future projects).

It could be an exercise in printing money, but I find it more satisfying to go the other way and deliberately NOT try to make money. Plus £80 eases the pain on anyone who has to add shipping to the distant countries on top of that.
We should also be in for a reasonable surplus if we can get 25 or even 50 orders (seems to be going well so far!!)

The one request/hope is that they're not flipped for profit. I can't imagine anyone on here doing it, but we'll be keeping an eye on that to undercut anyone who tries it .

Having said all that, if assembly and test starts to remove people's will to live, we might have to up the assembly cost a little.

There should be a KLOV thread appearing when my brother gets around to it (as he's on there a bit, living Stateside).

Edited by John Bennett - 11 Sep 2018 at 8:03am
dj_yt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dj_yt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2018 at 8:12am
Great price and awesome to see this project come to fruition. A nice bit of UKvac team work.

I would personally try an approach similar to a lot of the vinyl record sellers. Sell the first batch at a nice reasonable rate then pop the price up slightly for the late comers. Also means you have more room to manoeuvre for any eBay flippers.
vib_ribbon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vib_ribbon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2018 at 8:23am
If you go to expos and such, John, everyone should be buying you drinks.
2huwman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2huwman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2018 at 8:27am
Can you put me down for one please? Great work!Clap
Message me if you need a JAMMA Cab-ready 15Khz MAME PC!

https://www.arcadepcs.com/
Bicton View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bicton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2018 at 10:58am
Great news! fantastic work mate, can I have one please.

Do you think this pcb can work also in the Power Drift DLX ?
http://www.arcadevintage.es

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2018 at 12:18pm
Originally posted by vib_ribbon vib_ribbon wrote:

If you go to expos and such, John, everyone should be buying you drinks.

Hmm, best avoided then - would be messy
I must mention Naoki and tin - my involvement in the PCB routing was minimal and the fact it looks so close to the original was driven by Naoki (and it turned out to be one of the most satisfying aspects).

Bicton - no, sorry, it's different to the Power Drift board (itself something that could be done as a later project as we've got one to copy). Are you still interested in one?
tin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2018 at 1:14pm
...and I must therefore mention that my work in this was pretty minimal. I learned a lot and contributed a little as I was learning, so maximum props should be going to John and Naoki.
This is your crew chief // Yeah, the course is really tough // But it's a beautiful day // So good luck!
Fredo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fredo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2018 at 3:00pm
Hi, I need one.

Do you accept paypal?

(I'm from Chile)
spacedream1985 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spacedream1985 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2018 at 4:01pm
Could I have 4 of this item, please?

Edited by spacedream1985 - 12 Sep 2018 at 12:26am
deadline View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deadline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2018 at 4:47pm
I'd like one, just to be safe in case my original is secretly being eaten by rodents living in my machine.

Thanks!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic