Forum Home Forum Home > Trading Post > Valuations
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

OutRunners midi...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

3 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AaronBoone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: OutRunners midi...
    Posted: 12 Jun 2018 at 3:35pm
Hi! Can I get a valuation on my OutRunners midi please. I've uploaded a fair few photos so you can see the condition. I've made a list below of the foibles that I can think of but they're mainly cosmetic and I don't have the time, space or inclination to sort them. 
  • looks like somebody took a bite out of the back door...
  • ...and then had a nibble inside around where the cash drops down
  • matting needs replacing
  • there's some rust coming through on various parts of the metalwork including the topper
  • bit of OutRunners screenburn but nothing you notice while it's on
  • the sound can be intermittent - pretty sure it's the pot on the PCB as when you give it a prod it comes back fine
  • accelerator can be a bit finicky - sometimes you can floor it and the car just sits there. I'm assuming it's the pot either needs cleaning or replacing but it's really sporadic so I haven't bothered doing anything with it
  • inside the coin tower is a bit of a mess - the service panel is loose and the volume pot is hanging loose in there. Also the credit board needs fixing to the coin mech as you can't close the door properly where it is
  • couple of cig burns on the topper
  • one of the radio buttons is missing the insert
  • probably some other random stuff I don't notice anymore
But, despite all that as you can see in the video it plays fine for the main and the picture is lovely on the Polo (it's 20"). It's a midi and is quite diddy (23" wide, 67" at its highest point and 30" deep). Weighs a ton tho. The shifter was a NOS one I picked up from Virtvic a couple of years ago. In reality it just needs a bloody good clean and a bit of TLC.

I think I paid about £500 for it a few years ago. Was thinking it's probably worth about £450 or thereabouts but any input appreciated.

Cheers, Steve.
moomootown View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moomootown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2018 at 4:38pm
Sending a PM
Chopper79 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Chopper79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2018 at 6:27pm
I had a mint condition one of these about 9 years ago. When I put it up for sale, nobody wanted it. I wasn't on this forum then. I ended up giving it away for free! How things have changed. It's a great machine, and I loved it. I bought it on a whim, and when I got it home, It wouldn't fit through the street door!!!

I'd say about £350, price wise. It was never as popular as outrun or turbo outrun, but In some ways, a more advanced game.

*Edit* I had the full size upright version.

Edited by Chopper79 - 12 Jun 2018 at 6:30pm
slave01 View Drop Down

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slave01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2018 at 7:12pm
In todays market its gotta be 400 upwards? probably more like 450 tbh. I bet it would get 500 on the bay!
robotech View Drop Down

First Year of Supporting ukvac.com!

First Year of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robotech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2018 at 8:11pm
id say about £350 as well it looks quite tatty needs some love
"Deja Vu"
ColinD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ColinD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2018 at 8:32pm
Originally posted by Chopper79 Chopper79 wrote:

I had a mint condition one of these about 9 years ago. When I put it up for sale, nobody wanted it. I wasn't on this forum then. I ended up giving it away for free! How things have changed. It's a great machine, and I loved it. I bought it on a whim, and when I got it home, It wouldn't fit through the street door!!!

I'd say about £350, price wise. It was never as popular as outrun or turbo outrun, but In some ways, a more advanced game.

*Edit* I had the full size upright version.

I've donated one of these  (it was a full sized one) but not a fully working machine (was working when I got it but had to fit a steering mech and wheel)  recently to Arcade Club but had rusted a little due to having some storage issues  - Not worth a mint, even if they are not that common.

Edited by ColinD - 12 Jun 2018 at 8:40pm
ZeroSum View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZeroSum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2018 at 9:02pm
I would give you £200 for the pcb stack alone.

Edited by ZeroSum - 12 Jun 2018 at 9:03pm
Bensonrad View Drop Down
STILL looking for an Outrun & Paperboy!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bensonrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2018 at 9:52pm
I had the white larger Deith Leisure cab, I love the game, oddly though its never been sought after like an Outrun, but I'd say its a much better game than Turbo Outrun.  Not sure how much I sold mine for now, but its changed hands a couple of times over the past couple years on the forums, sadly most of those sale threads were on J+ so not sure what it sold for, I think it was under £300 though from memory.  The one here looks a bit rough in places, but being smaller might mean more people are likely to want it. I would imagine you would get somewhere between £300 to £400 for it.
Wanted: Super Pacman Bezel, Millipede Euro inner Bezel. Asteroids Cabaret Cab, Exterminator & Arkanoid set ups. Always after Millipede/Paperboy/Super Pacman/Outrun/Taito S.I PCBs
Steveylou View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steveylou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2018 at 1:11am
Oooooh I love OutRunners. Never seems to be that highly regarded (or sought after), but there was never a decent home conversion and it seems quite rare these days.

Looks like it needs a fair bit of TLC but I would've thought you'd be looking at around £400, particularly if you stick it on eBay.

Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moomootown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2018 at 3:58am
Originally posted by Bensonrad Bensonrad wrote:

I had the white larger Deith Leisure cab, I love the game, oddly though its never been sought after like an Outrun, but I'd say its a much better game than Turbo Outrun.  Not sure how much I sold mine for now, but its changed hands a couple of times over the past couple years on the forums, sadly most of those sale threads were on J+ so not sure what it sold for, I think it was under £300 though from memory.  The one here looks a bit rough in places, but being smaller might mean more people are likely to want it. I would imagine you would get somewhere between £300 to £400 for it.

I have that cab now :) I think I paid £450 can’t remember.
Is this different then in terms of size to the white one? I noticed the sides were not white but thought it looked roughly the same
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moomootown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2018 at 3:59am
(I was thinking i could link the two up!)
Bensonrad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bensonrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2018 at 6:30am
The white one has a 25" monitor in it and is bigger, in theory though they should still be possible to link up, you might needs some extra wiring.  Although the white one has the credits to use bit blanked out with paper and is not connected up (as was designed for sole use.  This one still has the credits section and lit up so probably started out as a pair.
Wanted: Super Pacman Bezel, Millipede Euro inner Bezel. Asteroids Cabaret Cab, Exterminator & Arkanoid set ups. Always after Millipede/Paperboy/Super Pacman/Outrun/Taito S.I PCBs
Bods View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2018 at 8:50am
Who Made this cab then?

It's a neat size isn't it. that can make a difference to it's value really

I will be scanning the side artwork soon, doesn't fit the cab's we've measured it against so far, not sure if it was for sitdown or what but If muddy cab rework it to fit them it will be good to make use of it in some way

WANTED! Buggy Boy Junior Rear Seat. Continental Circus Cockpit Lower Rear Light Plexi and more space
AaronBoone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AaronBoone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2018 at 9:10am
Cheers for the input gents Thumbs Up. @moomootown - for an idea of size this is it sandwiched between my Turtles and Final Fight cabs...

...so you can see it's diddy. As Ben says it's been part of a twin at some point in its life - there's some random wires sat in the back which I assume are part of the link-up. I'm sure Ben had the sideart for this version at some point but all the info was on J+ which is a bugger.

Bensonrad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bensonrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 8:49pm
Yes I did have some side art for a black cab, it was the wrong shape and size for the one I had, I still have it somewhere, I think Bods has a set too.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic