ukVac.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Arcade > High Scores
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Pac Man - 3,333,270 - TG adjudicated

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
The Pac-Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Pacman83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pac Man - 3,333,270 - TG adjudicated
    Posted: 12 Jan 2015 at 1:46pm

<span style="line-height: 16.7999992370605px; : rgb248, 248, 252;">Although the peer review system isn't the most popular way of adjudicating scores, TG have decided to go with this for the future. There's no one prepared to sit through x hours of submitted high scoring anymore, like the old days, so my score has now set a precedent for the coin op classics</span><span style="line-height: 1.4; : rgb248, 248, 252;">. </span><div style="line-height: 16.7999992370605px; : rgb248, 248, 252;">
<div style="line-height: 16.7999992370605px; : rgb248, 248, 252;">Just 90 points to find now ....

http://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php

Edited by Muerto - 11 Feb 2015 at 8:27am
7 times Perfect Pac Man live freehand on Twitch - 1st at Play Expo Margate - 22/08/15
Fuzzy View Drop Down

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Fuzzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2015 at 1:51pm
Well done, Jon! Big smile
rcantor77 View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members
Candy Kid

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rcantor77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2015 at 4:15pm
Congrats Jon... 2015 is the year. Thumbs Up
lespotts View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lespotts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2015 at 5:10pm
Good luck Jon, what events are you going for the perfect Pacman this year
Jase View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2015 at 6:14pm
I guess those 90 points you need to find are the 'invisible' dots on the split screen?
Astro Blaster, Track & Field, Asteroids Deluxe, Gyruss, Berzerk, Gorf, PacMan, Qix, Space Invaders part II, Moon Cresta, Moon Shuttle, Joust, Defender, Dig Dug, Tempest, Nintendo PC-10 (MAMEd)
Pacman83 View Drop Down
The Pac-Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2015 at 8:12pm
Originally posted by Jase Jase wrote:

I guess those 90 points you need to find are the 'invisible' dots on the split screen?

No. I had a 'perfect eat'. Because I lost a life on board 20 (just before my desert cross to 255) that counts for 90 points.
7 times Perfect Pac Man live freehand on Twitch - 1st at Play Expo Margate - 22/08/15
Pacman83 View Drop Down
The Pac-Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2015 at 8:13pm
Originally posted by lespotts lespotts wrote:

Good luck Jon, what events are you going for the perfect Pacman this year

Cheers. I'm going for perfect at Blackpool in May. There's a long weekend there, so no excuses.
Russ J View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Russ J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2015 at 8:27pm
nice one Jon Clap

Nice to see TG recognising your skill mate...

90 points...ohhh so close mate,so close Wink
rcantor77 View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members
Candy Kid

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rcantor77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2015 at 8:29pm
Originally posted by Pacman83 Pacman83 wrote:

No. I had a 'perfect eat'. Because I lost a life on board 20 (just before my desert cross to 255) that counts for 90 points.

So gutting to hear again mate... I am just so pleased to see you completely own the kill screen now.

I rememeber over a year ago on Twictch when you got there, it seemed a little bit more blind than this last one. How many more times since then have you got there to practice..?

Pacman83 View Drop Down
The Pac-Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2015 at 10:41pm
Originally posted by rcantor77 rcantor77 wrote:

Originally posted by Pacman83 Pacman83 wrote:

So gutting to hear again mate... I am just so pleased to see you completely own the kill screen now.

I rememeber over a year ago on Twictch when you got there, it seemed a little bit more blind than this last one. How many more times since then have you got there to practice..?

Just my live games Roger, so that's 3 since the Twitch nightmare that you watched LOL
It's not that difficult really after a few visits, just need to make sure of the key and that the 3 primary ghosts are trapped. Pokey can still be a little troublesome, so you must be careful, especially after 6 hours of work Wink
rcantor77 View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members
Candy Kid

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rcantor77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2015 at 10:48pm
I didn't realise you could actually trap the ghosts... I'll have to watch the vid back and take notice.

So is it fairly straight forward to do and I assume you can do it right at the start of the kill screen level..?

Edited by rcantor77 - 12 Jan 2015 at 10:49pm
Pacman83 View Drop Down
The Pac-Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2015 at 11:27pm
Originally posted by rcantor77 rcantor77 wrote:

I didn't realise you could actually trap the ghosts... I'll have to watch the vid back and take notice.

So is it fairly straight forward to do and I assume you can do it right at the start of the kill screen level..?

Yes. That's why I'm quick to run through the tunnel and immediately hold down on the joystick to get into the safe spot. Soon as they're trapped, it's clean up time, but as I mentioned, you've still got to be careful.
Dex-Jay View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dex-Jay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2015 at 2:27am
Nice work dude! I did have a shufty at how "it should be done!"

90 measly points? Close enough for me! You win Pac-Man! Clap
C&VG Magazine Outrun Upright Winner 1988!!
Jase View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2015 at 8:23am
I don't understand? Do you mean TG deduct 90 points from your score for losing a life? I can't see how you would miss out on 90 points otherwise!
Astro Blaster, Track & Field, Asteroids Deluxe, Gyruss, Berzerk, Gorf, PacMan, Qix, Space Invaders part II, Moon Cresta, Moon Shuttle, Joust, Defender, Dig Dug, Tempest, Nintendo PC-10 (MAMEd)
Nintendo Arcade View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Nintendo Arcade

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nintendo Arcade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2015 at 8:42am
Well done jon
Good luck for this year and look forward to seeing you at one event.
Hurray Banana View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Hurray Banana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2015 at 9:05am

I don't understand? Do you mean TG deduct 90 points from your score for losing a life? I can't see how you would miss out on 90 points otherwise!

You use the lives at the end to keep eating 90 points worth of dots.

When you lose your life on the split screen the dots are re-spawned. So to get a perfect score you need to get to the split screen without losing a life, so you can grab the nine dots with each life.

Because Jon lost one of his lives early, he lost the opportunity to grab an extra 9 dots on the split screen. Correct me if I got that wrong Jon.

Edited by Hurray Banana - 13 Jan 2015 at 9:05am
Jase View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2015 at 10:26am
Thanks dude, that makes total sense now Big smile
Pacman83 View Drop Down
The Pac-Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2015 at 1:30pm
Originally posted by Hurray Banana Hurray Banana wrote:

You use the lives at the end to keep eating 90 points worth of dots.

When you lose your life on the split screen the dots are re-spawned. So to get a perfect score you need to get to the split screen without losing a life, so you can grab the nine dots with each life.

Because Jon lost one of his lives early, he lost the opportunity to grab an extra 9 dots on the split screen. Correct me if I got that wrong Jon.

Couldn't have put it better myself Wink

You need.

1 - 255 = 3,326,600 perfect
256 + 1 bonus key = 6,220 + 6 lives / 90 x 540 = 3,333,360

Perfect.
david_orton_2000 View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members
Green Mario

First Year of Supporting ukvac.com!

First Year of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote david_orton_2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2015 at 11:36am
Wow!  Awesome Jon!

You have so dedicated to doing this mammoth task, it is really inspiring to others to aim for other High Scores also. Smile

Have you decided on another challenge now on another game?
Pacman83 View Drop Down
The Pac-Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2015 at 1:26pm
Originally posted by david_orton_2000 david_orton_2000 wrote:

Wow!  Awesome Jon!

You have so dedicated to doing this mammoth task, it is really inspiring to others to aim for other High Scores also. Smile

Have you decided on another challenge now on another game?

Not until perfect has been completed.
I will be aiming at the 1942 WR score of Martin Bedard. That score is monumental !
Maybe I'll give the 1 round a shot on T&F before my fingers get too old ....LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic