PC engine to JAMMA

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Busting vectors like it's 1982!

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2011 at 5:39pm
How long before your cable turns up? I've got one you could borrow if it's going to be a while...
trm View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members
Who loves you, and who do you love?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2011 at 5:58pm
I paid an extra $25 or so for express DHL and from the despatch info I think it'll be here by the end of the week latest, but thanks for the offer. I was tempted to ping you to try yours out but then I figured it looked really cool and I'd need one for the German stuff too

This one has an adapter board with it that seems to have the complete range of connectors too, so I'm hoping it'll interface with just about everything I might throw at it.

Have you ever done a firmware update on your cable box? I've read a bit about it and it seems that as they all use the Xilinx reference design they all seem like native originals to the updater, but I just wondered if you'd ever had to do it and what/why/etc?

cheers
There'll be no accusations,
Just friendly crustaceans,
Under the seaaaaaa!
guddler View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2011 at 6:00pm
Umm, I think mine's got that adapter board too There's certainly a little PCB that plugs in the connector in the end with various harnesses as well (from memory).

To be honest, no, I've done nothing but use it to upload designs. And I've probably only done that once? Maybe a little more. It's something I need to try and resurrect. I found VHDL a bit too hard going though if I'm honest.
trm View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2011 at 6:26pm
Cool - if yours has the adaptor board then I reckon it should work ok with the German module which was my main concern. I know it'll work with my Spartan but wasn't sure about the other bits and the photos had just enough detail to be interesting but not definitive .

It's certainly a hard slog to get started with VHDL. I built some basic counter/LED ripples the other day and am just working on an input reading latch system to write to the LCD when I get bits of time, although I think I'm doing more development in my head than in ISE at the moment due to lack of time in front of a keyboard!
Under the seaaaaaa!
guddler View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2011 at 6:34pm
Definitely works with the modules we've got as that's all I have
guddler View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2011 at 10:41pm
PS: What version of ISE are you using? I just started it up and noticed there's been two major releases since 13.1 that I have!
trm View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2011 at 11:00pm
Can't check atm but I only downloaded it from Xilinx end of last week so should be -latest. Will confirm in the morning b
Under the seaaaaaa!
ben76 View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members
Hunts Spies

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ben76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2011 at 12:10pm
I love this idea as I would love parasol stars in my cab. I'm going to try to get every type of the bubble bobble style game. I'll be following this and not understanding any of it LOL
Good work Thumbs Up
- Ben
Vamino View Drop Down

4 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

4 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vamino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2018 at 8:19pm
PC Engine Jamma thread, rise from your grave!

Did anyone ever complete this project and install it into a cab?
At some point I wouldn't mind trying something like this out.

Thanks.

Insert Coin[s]
tin View Drop Down

2 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

2 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2018 at 8:43pm
Originally posted by Vamino Vamino wrote:

PC Engine Jamma thread, rise from your grave!

Thumbs Up
This is your crew chief // Yeah, the course is really tough // But it's a beautiful day // So good luck!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic