Peter 'Invadar' Davies

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Do the Shake and 'VAC

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alpha1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Peter 'Invadar' Davies
    Posted: 07 Aug 2016 at 9:21am
Dear Members,

It has come to our attention that Peter Davies, or as we all knew him by his handle, 'Invadar' has passed away.

Invadar joined the mailing list on the 26th April 1999, although he was a well established collector before then, having worked for Bell Fruit and also operated machines in his time.

When I personally joined the forum in 2001, Invadar was a very active and insightful member of the community and as an 18 year old I looked up to him in awe along with the other 40+ members in light of their collecting history and amassed collections.

Over the years we all got used to him disappearing for months on end whilst he would go and work on off shore oil rig platforms, and it wasn't unusual for us to receive a response from him many months later on a subject we had been discussing and forgotten about!

Invadar will be sorely missed, and long standing members I am sure will miss him the most reminiscing on the hey days of his contributions to the arcade collecting scene.

Please take a moment this evening to hold up a drink in his honour.

We are taking donations for his wife, so if you are interested in contributing please get in touch, and I will pass your donation to her in the next week or two.

Peter 'Invadar' Davies 1938 - 2015
UKVAC and Jammaplus

Edited by Alpha1 - 07 Aug 2016 at 9:24am
Wanted: Time Traveller, GALAXIAN 3 THEATER, 80's Namco & Taito games

neil1637 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote neil1637 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2016 at 10:18am
I never knew Peter, as I only joined this hobby/forums 3 years ago, however after reading Tony's post on his Arcade Blogger site, I kinda feel that I do, a little.

Peter seems to have been an absolute gent and a real miss both to those who knew him and to the 'scene' in general.

Great to see the work carried out by those in Tony's post to rescue Peter's collection and what a collection at that too.

My glass shall indeed be raised.

Rest in peace.
Please visit my Arcade Diary Blog at https://neilsarcadediary.wordpress.com/

Always looking for Cabaret Cabinets
big10p View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote big10p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2016 at 10:58am
Like Neil, I came too late to the party to have known him, but it's always sad to hear when a kindred spirit passes on. R.I.P.
Bicton View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bicton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2016 at 12:17pm
This morning I readed the history of his machines and how are been rescue I really enjoyed how they respected his memory, they had written very nice things about him and how he helped other people.

For this little but important things I´m proud to be member of this comunity.

Rest in peace Peter

Edited by Bicton - 07 Aug 2016 at 12:58pm
http://www.arcadevintage.es
AnDyC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnDyC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2016 at 3:53pm
I used to chat with Pete when he was not rigging, he was a super nice dude.

Rip mate.

Edited by AnDyC - 07 Aug 2016 at 3:55pm
We work in the dark--we do what we can--we give what we have. Our doubt is our passion and our passion is our task. The rest is the madness of art.
virtvic View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members
The Cabaret King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote virtvic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2016 at 10:09pm
There will also be a bit about Peter on the next podcast.

Truly a decent chap!
THE PENCE IS MIGHTIER THAN THE SWORD!

Check out the podcast

http://tenpencearcade.co.uk
Alpha1 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Do the Shake and 'VAC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alpha1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2016 at 11:45am
Tony has written a lovely blog post over at www.arcadeblogger.com

Go check it out.

Wanted: Time Traveller, GALAXIAN 3 THEATER, 80's Namco & Taito games

iamjimmi View Drop Down

First Year of Supporting ukvac.com!

First Year of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iamjimmi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2016 at 11:29pm
Originally posted by Alpha1 Alpha1 wrote:

Tony has written a lovely blog post over at www.arcadeblogger.com

Go check it out.

A nice article by Tony.

Like some others here, I didn't ever deal with Peter, but he sounds like he was one of the good guys.

Rest in pixels Peter...
tronads View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tronads Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2016 at 12:37am
I don't know who's idea it was to put plaques on every machine, but it was a lovely respectful thing to do. hats off to whoever it was.
JESSYBR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JESSYBR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2016 at 9:05am
r.i.p peter
KmanSweden View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KmanSweden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2016 at 9:52am
I enjoyed the article and podcast aswell. Peter seemed to be a cool dude. RIP.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic