ukVac.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Arcade > New Users Post Here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Pinge from Sweden is your new friend!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pinge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pinge from Sweden is your new friend!
    Posted: 16 May 2018 at 5:51pm

Hey!
I started my days on this forum to just lurk around a bit and then I posted in a couple of threads.
Time for my introduction..

I am a arcade nerd/enthusiast from a small town in Sweden, some of you might have seen posts by me on other arcade forums like DLF or KLOV.

I bought my first arcade game back in 2004, It was a generic wooden cabinet made i Denmark by "JK Automater", They are are very common
here in Scandinavia to say the least.

I got the cabinet with a Neo Geo mobo and Super Sidekicks 2, since then It happend quite alot, especially the last 3-4 years. I dont 
even know how many games I own at the moment, around 30 I think.

I have 17 of them up and running in the basement (my happyplace).
Its mostly game from the right time-period that I allow myself to collect and bring down to the basement, I said that no cabinet newer than 1986
would come down there, but then I imported a R-Type from the U.S and that rule is now broken.

My favorite games to play at the moment is Bubble Bobble, Rainbow Islands, Donkey Kong, Wonderboy In Monsterland and Pole Position. 

If you are interested in my life as a collector/gamer check out my instagram @pingeahlin

Below you have a few pictures of the basement, It will soon change as I get games I appreciate more I suppose. 

Game on!
tb lilley View Drop Down
5 Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tb lilley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 6:15pm
Nice collection. Don't think I've ever seen a Subelectro Frogger marquee before. 
It's only original once.
Pinge View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pinge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 6:32pm
Thanks, This is the only Subelectro game I have ever seen IRL, dont know how it ended up in Sweden in the first place, bought it from an old operator.
Tried to Google for it when I got it with no luck.
big10p View Drop Down

First Year of Supporting ukvac.com!

First Year of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big10p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 6:48pm
Yeah, very nice collection. Welcome to ukvac.
muddymusic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Repro Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muddymusic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 6:49pm
What a fantastic Nintendo collection Heart The Subelectro Frogger is lovely too.

I wonder who decided to convert a rare Euro Food Fight though! Ouch

Repro Arcade Artwork supplier, pm me or visit arcadeartshop.com
Pinge View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pinge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 9:12pm
Yeah, the ff is a bit sad, the backdoorsheet is still there, and they actually made an adapter for Konami instead of hacking the harness.

I wont convert it back anyways, a Joystick alone cost twice as much as I paid for the cabinet including both Hyper Sports and Hyper Olympics.
RygarR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RygarR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 10:41pm
Wow! What an awesome collection. Did all you find the machines in Sweden (apart from R-Type obviously)? I spent a lot of time there in the 90s, but by then, it was mostly flipper games :-( It was my introduction to a bunch of classics like The Addams Family and Indiana Jones. Sigh. Happy days.
AnDyC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnDyC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 10:53pm
Welcome aboard.
Dont feed the Fcuking trolls
Pinge View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pinge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 10:59pm
Thanks!
The only games I know that has been operating bitd here in Scandinavia is
Pole Position, Playchoice, Punchout (it was PC10 converted when I got it but is an original PO), Missile Command, Space Invaders, Track & Field (in Foodfight cabinet), Frogger and the generic ones.

The rest is brought to Europe from the U.S by others (I imported R-type and 2 Popeyes myself with a DK3 kit for my spare DK Jr)
virtvic View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members
The Cabaret King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote virtvic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 11:22pm
Isis Frogger. I am very jealous. It would look very nice next to my 5 Isis cabs.

THE PENCE IS MIGHTIER THAN THE SWORD!

Check out the podcast

http://tenpencearcade.co.uk

Got cabarets? > CALL ME!
Rich View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 2:12am
Welcome Pinge

Great selection! Need some art on that Mario Bros cab though :)

Cheers, Rich

Pinge View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pinge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 2:17pm
Thanks for welcoming me.

I look forward to dig into the forum.

And I know some games lack sideart, MB will get it when I dont have other games that need my attention more. My priority is the games to run well with good picture and controls, the cosmetic is secondary.

I dont restore my games more than necessary, I like how patina tell a story about its former life, if its destroyed I fix it, like the Cpo on MB that needs to be replaced.
smarty View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smarty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 2:53pm
Hey Pinge, i thought you guys only had black and white games in Sweeden :) nice collection bud looks great!
jumpnfire.com

MOST WANTED CABS:
Atari Return of the Jedi upright.
Atari Pole Position euro cab.
Pinge View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pinge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 3:02pm
Haha, we do have B&W games aswell, I only have a few left.
Sega Hockey TV (ready to be shipped away)
Paddle Battle
Space Invaders
Tank
Super Breakout
Space Invaders
Space Invaders II coctail (hmm, japanese version so its not B&W)
tin View Drop Down

2 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

2 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 6:55pm
Love the collection, and how non UK UKvac is getting. Hi BTW!
This is your crew chief // Yeah, the course is really tough // But it's a beautiful day // So good luck!
Bensonrad View Drop Down
STILL looking for an Outrun & Paperboy!

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bensonrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 7:57pm
Welcome to the forum, certainly a fab line up of cabs there, interesting conversion of that Atari Euro cab next to R-Type.
Wanted: Super Pacman Bezel, Millipede Euro inner Bezel. Small Cabaret Project Cab, Exterminator set up. Always after Millipede/Paperboy/Super Pacman/Outrun/Taito S.I PCBs
Pinge View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pinge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 8:08pm
Yeah, the former owner bought it like that from an old operator, It was on location here in Sweden like that, wierd since the instructions are in German.

I have other dedicated games that I want in the basement so it might have to leave, maybe keep the PCB and sell the cabinet to someone willing to spend a fortune to make it a Foodfight again.
Hurray Banana View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hurray Banana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 8:52pm
Great variety of games, look real good together and Welcome to the forum
Mark H View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 9:58pm
Welcome to the club !

Nice collection too.
"The Future Is Now"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic