ukVac.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Pinball > Meetings & Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Play Expo 12th & 13th October

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JMP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Play Expo 12th & 13th October
    Posted: 19 Jul 2013 at 8:33am
http://www.playexpo.net/

Heads up if not already aware, the Northern Lights pinball guys have a 'limited' number of discounted tickets available here:

www.ukpinball.com/twilightzone

Not sure how many available but can save you a few quid. 100 pins expected this year. Smile
IDCHAPPY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
KANFU Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IDCHAPPY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2013 at 8:43am
Thanks dude, we have a thread up about the event in the arcade discussion area Smile
We are the 45
JMP View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JMP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2013 at 9:09am
Ah right, I looked but missed it.... Please copy over. Smile
AvidMuffin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AvidMuffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2013 at 8:27pm
Excited! Can't wait to play lots of pinball :D
Gary View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2014 at 8:05am
Hi guys.

Just wondering if anyone knows if there will be a street fighter 2 (ideally turbo) machine present next weekend?

I spent about half my day on the one at replay blackpool and found there to be a great spirit between those that were playing. Would be good to repeat it :)

Gary

Gary
****Street Fighter forever!****
TonyElyod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyElyod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2014 at 12:04am
YES...I can confirm there will be a SF 2 @ the show...Big smile

GAME ON......................Thumbs Up
WHO DARES GINS !!
JohnnyChaos View Drop Down

Blows own trumpet for CHQ cabs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyChaos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2014 at 12:10am
hope they've changed the sticks on that capcom cab if that's what's getting taken ;)

Should be fun.
www.chaostattoos.co.uk
Anthony Graham View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anthony Graham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2014 at 12:15am
Originally posted by JohnnyChaos JohnnyChaos wrote:

hope they've changed the sticks on that capcom cab if that's what's getting taken ;)

Should be fun.

Why was there an issue when you last played it?

Ant
www.ant-cam.co.uk
Gary View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2014 at 12:15am
Good stuff! Game on indeed!
Gary
Gary View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2014 at 12:16am
No issues on the candy cab when I was at blackpool
Gary
Urgentemente View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urgentemente Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2014 at 1:16am
Gutted, don't think I'm gonna make it this time around.
Already got a night time event to attend on the Sat (Orlyk 65th Anniversary just in case anyone's curious,LOL), originally thought I might make it to the daytime Play Expo on the Saturday, then the nighttime party for Orlyk, then recover Sunday, but not looking likely that I'll get to Play on Sat now.

Hotel prices are nuts! Managed to get a room in Travelodge about 6 miles away from where the party is on Sat night, need to try and get estimates of taxi costs now, can cancel up until Saturday. If it works out almost the same with taxi's as paying the high central Manchester costs I might change.

Edited by Urgentemente - 07 Oct 2014 at 1:16am
Alpha1 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Do the Shake and 'VAC

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alpha1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2014 at 8:24am
I can't make it either unfortunately. I just can't afford what the weekend amounts too - which is about £350!
Wanted: Time Traveller, GALAXIAN 3 THEATER, 80's Namco & Taito games

ColinD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ColinD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2014 at 9:20am
Originally posted by Urgentemente Urgentemente wrote:

Already got a night time event to attend on the Sat (Orlyk 65th Anniversary just in case anyone's curious,LOL), originally thought I might make it to the daytime Play Expo on the Saturday, then the nighttime party for Orlyk, then recover Sunday, but not looking likely that I'll get to Play on Sat now.

Hotel prices are nuts! Managed to get a room in Travelodge about 6 miles away from where the party is on Sat night, need to try and get estimates of taxi costs now, can cancel up until Saturday. If it works out almost the same with taxi's as paying the high central Manchester costs I might change.

Try one of the IBIS's , there is one across the road from the Party and one near the Lass.

Oops... misread that, wrong Party !!  Sorry...

Edited by ColinD - 07 Oct 2014 at 9:21am
Fuzzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fuzzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2014 at 9:42am
Helping with the arcade this week and over the weekend - oh, I am so looking forward to this!

Great bunch of lads and lasses, a mahoosive amount of classic cabs and pins, what more could you want? Big smile
WANTED: Williams marquees, flyers, etc!
Urgentemente View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urgentemente Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2014 at 10:53am
Originally posted by ColinD ColinD wrote:

Originally posted by Urgentemente Urgentemente wrote:

Try one of the IBIS's , there is one across the road from the Party and one near the Lass.

Oops... misread that, wrong Party !!  Sorry...

LOL, cheers Col.
Looked at the IBIS site last night, nothing available according to the site, nearest they had was Warrington, also a Mercure spa one on Oldham postcode ,
currently got a room at the Travelodge M62 Birch, same sort of distance to the party 5-6 miles, not great, but all the other places are up in the £130+ now..

Pacman83 View Drop Down
The Pac-Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2014 at 2:31pm
I'll be there on Friday to set up my perfect Pac Man attempt .....Shocked
Perfect Pac Man - Arcade - Freehand - Winter Gardens, UK - 22/08/15
Chuckie egg View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Nintendo Arcade

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chuckie egg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2014 at 3:48pm
I'll be there for the whole weekend
Good luck jon
I be there to cheer you on
Can't wait
david_orton_2000 View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members
Green Mario

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote david_orton_2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2014 at 5:40pm
Pacman (more accurately, Puckman)...again?!....ok, go on then!  Such a great game. :-)

JohnnyChaos View Drop Down

Blows own trumpet for CHQ cabs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyChaos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2014 at 5:49pm
Originally posted by Anthony Graham Anthony Graham wrote:

Originally posted by JohnnyChaos JohnnyChaos wrote:

Should be fun.

Why was there an issue when you last played it?

Ant

The one at the meet running ssf3 the p1 stick had issues and forward often didn't register.
www.chaostattoos.co.uk
Smraedis View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smraedis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2014 at 5:59pm
There was a cab with HYPER SF2 (not ST), the sticks were okay but could be better. The sticks on the cab with SF3 3S were really bad! Cry
Yeah I wanna play ST too
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic