ukVac.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Arcade > Meetings & Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Play Expo Manchester 2017

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tedward Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Play Expo Manchester 2017
    Posted: 08 Oct 2017 at 12:36am
Manchester's Play Expo is less than a week away now... thought I'd make the thread. Arcade area now has a DDR machine and four Sega DLX cabs! Full list of vids:

Who else is going Smile

JonTron View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonTron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2017 at 3:13am
Bought tickets for both days when it was to be the Sky Skipper reveal venue. Going Saturday early and maybe Sunday depending on how i feel after a night at the Arcade Club..
Big Phil View Drop Down
Captain Phil

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2017 at 1:42pm
I'm there as usual. Supporting the pinball section by supplying 5 pins.
DMD Board Repairer
edget2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edget2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2017 at 3:28pm
Originally posted by JonTron JonTron wrote:

Bought tickets for both days when it was to be the Sky Skipper reveal venue. Going Saturday early and maybe Sunday depending on how i feel after a night at the Arcade Club..

Snap ... I'm in the Manchester Trafford Centre West Hotel next door from Friday night so will pop in for a few hours both days before heading over to AC ...

Edited by edget2000 - 08 Oct 2017 at 3:29pm
WANTED ->Tempest Cabaret, Atari TimePilot,Asteroids Cabaret!!
tin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2017 at 7:36pm
Fortunately planned to do the day at AC on Saturday and head over to Play on Sunday anyway :) see you there!
This is your crew chief // Yeah, the course is really tough // But it's a beautiful day // So good luck!
Mark H View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 7:14pm
I will be at Replay on Sunday with my son (as I'm working Saturday).

Cheers and enjoy it at Arcade Club too !

Mark
"The Future Is Now"
Mark H View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2017 at 7:59pm
Hi All,

I went to Event city today with my son and my brother and his son and I took the following arcade cabinet pictures which some of you may find interesting (as some are now quite rare to see !). That is my son in the blue hoodie playing "Continental Cricus" and also you can just see his hands playing "Zoo Keeper" (second picture below) I have never heard of that game before !!! He also enjoyed being thrown around in the "After Burner" hydraulic cabinet too (first picture). We had a great day especially as my brother likes pinball and his son likes all the new online gaming stuff. I was torn between this venue or Arcade Club and as I was working on Saturday then Sunday was our only free day. I'm only 40 minutes from AC so I can of course visit anytime. My son also spent many goes on Donkey Kong which is actually quite a hard game. I enjoyed a number of games including; Star Wars, Millipede, Pleides, Battlezone (cabaret and full), Pac-Man, Galaga, Zaxxon, Tempest, Donkey Kong Junior etc. 

Cheers

Mark

"The Future Is Now"
shaunholley View Drop Down
IN YOUR FACE!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaunholley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2017 at 8:37pm
There was lots of good feedback about the layout and sound / video / lighting system this year. James RGP has put on a great show. Now there's just the small matter of man-handling 125 machines on and off trailers back to base!
ShaunHolley.
Shooting stuff right in't face.

http://tenpencearcade.co.uk
phillv85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phillv85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2017 at 9:24pm
I liked the layout, it wasn't as squashed as previous years and no real bottlenecks.

Good to see you again as well Shaun, been too long!
shaunholley View Drop Down
IN YOUR FACE!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaunholley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 12:01am
Catch up soon mate.
ShaunHolley.
Shooting stuff right in't face.

http://tenpencearcade.co.uk
Tedward View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tedward Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 1:37am
Yeah I liked the overall atmosphere of the section, kept it apart from the rest of the expo. it did make it hard to take pictures and videos though.

Overall great selection of cabs. First time I'd ever seen a DLX Rad Mobile too. 
b1ffb0ff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote b1ffb0ff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 9:46am
Thank you to all in involved in setting this up.  I am a pin head as a rule, but i actually spent more time on the Vids this year.  Some fantastic games, some i had never played before.

Managed to squese into the After Burner, glad there was no pics of that... Getting out was tricky when too many credits...

Star wars and Battle Zone were the best games for me.
Loved the Sega driving game on two player, some great fun on that.

Thanks for letting us play them during the lock in as well, that was a great treat and meant i got to try loads of new ones to me - thank you very much!!!

Cheers

John
JohnnyChaos View Drop Down

Blows own trumpet for CHQ cabs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyChaos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 6:24pm
I was the Dark Souls knight who said hi to you Shaun :)

www.chaostattoos.co.uk
Brettster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brettster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 6:44pm
Bloodborne and Darksouls great crossover idea and fantastic cosplay too
Looking for More Space!!
JohnnyChaos View Drop Down

Blows own trumpet for CHQ cabs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyChaos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 8:01pm
Originally posted by Brettster Brettster wrote:

Bloodborne and Darksouls great crossover idea and fantastic cosplay too

thanks a lot. we did have outfits for more Darksouls characters, but the other two that came with us were really hungover and couldn't face it. :(
www.chaostattoos.co.uk
muddymusic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Repro Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muddymusic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 8:16pm
It's always nice to see where lots of the cabs I've sold over the years have ended up, and many of them are out for the public to play which is cool Smile
Man, I miss that Circus Charlie though!
Repro Arcade Artwork supplier, pm me or visit arcadeartshop.com
Mark H View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 8:47pm
I agree the lighting and certainly the music (I loved the a-ha animated video) was fantastic. Well done James. 

Cheers

Mark
"The Future Is Now"
Big Phil View Drop Down
Captain Phil

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 9:13am
I was blown away when I first seen the video arcade setup. Tremendous!! Brilliant atmosphere!
DMD Board Repairer
Mark H View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2017 at 6:37pm
Hi All,

I also played the Tempest game at Play Expo but the screen display did not seem right, more horizontal than a vertical display and the control spinner was mega noisey, did anyone else notice that? 

All the other games I played were perfect though !

Cheers

Mark
"The Future Is Now"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic