Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > Artwork and Restorations
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Pole Position 2 Project

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
Author
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2019 at 9:02pm
Finally got the volume rheostats, after waiting over 10 months to find them! No luck on here, but a guy on klov was breaking a pole position, and I quickly done a deal. I actually bought the entire service panel, so at least have some other spares.

nurtuo View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nurtuo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2019 at 7:39am
More Great Work.

It Looks Amazing.

Pole Position is still on my list to get next.

How's the PCB work getting on?
You're Cool, The Engines Hot, The Girl Is Gorgeous, A Tankful Of Gas And An Open Road......The Rest Is Up To You!
Chopper79 View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2019 at 9:13am
Originally posted by nurtuo nurtuo wrote:

More Great Work.

It Looks Amazing.

Cheers. PCB is still packaged up awaiting postage to mark. I'm restoring my 65 vespa at the moment, so lost a bit of interest in it, at present. I've already had emails asking to sell it.
nurtuo View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nurtuo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2019 at 9:30am
Originally posted by Chopper79 Chopper79 wrote:

Originally posted by nurtuo nurtuo wrote:

More Great Work.

It Looks Amazing.

Cheers. PCB is still packaged up awaiting postage to mark. I'm restoring my 65 vespa at the moment, so lost a bit of interest in it, at present. I've already had emails asking to sell it.

Well its not such a bad thing.
It does show you did a really good job of the restoration if someone asks to buy it.

I have just got back one of my Outrun PCBs from Mark (RetroClinic)
He is the man around a PCB. 

Please put up some Pictures when its all done and running.
Then just watch that inbox fill. 

Top Work.
You're Cool, The Engines Hot, The Girl Is Gorgeous, A Tankful Of Gas And An Open Road......The Rest Is Up To You!
Chopper79 View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 10:27pm
PCB has finally been posted to mark today. Will update when mark has had a look at it, and even maybe get mark to do a quick youtube video of it.
Shinydaz View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shinydaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 3:20am
Not long now bud, I'll be watching for a notification from retroclinic of a new video soon.
Out of room but always room for one more !
iamjimmi View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iamjimmi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 11:20am
Great progress.. Almost ready to qualify....
Chopper79 View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2019 at 9:41pm
Just heard back from marc, and we have a working PCB!

It had a few faults, and one board had the english roms installed, and the other board had the japan roms installed! Marc said it wasn't a problem, but had a slight graphic glitch after the banner came across the screen.

All it needed was the english roms, reprogrammed to japan one's, which I said to do. Amazingly the battery wasn't leaking, but was replaced, with the battery backed sram, high score save mod.

Video of board running Here
Shinydaz View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shinydaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2019 at 3:38am
Looks in good condition, Mark is the king of pole position repairs, let's hope it last a long time.
Chopper79 View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2019 at 8:09am
I hope so. I must say I never thought it would cost so much to repair!
Body pop View Drop Down

3 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

3 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Body pop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2019 at 9:36am
Originally posted by Chopper79 Chopper79 wrote:

I hope so. I must say I never thought it would cost so much to repair!

It’s a fortune mate ,I had mine repaired about 4 or 5 times
I love the game and miss it ,but it just got ridiculous and I couldn’t go on
I think it broke again after I sold it ,and it was only in storeage !
They say the Atari boards are worse than Namco
Chopper79 View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2019 at 7:41pm
Final repair video Here
Chopper79 View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2019 at 6:59pm
My PCB from mark, should be arriving tomorrow, and in anticipation of this, and some paranoia, I have removed the AR2s, and replacing a few more components, mainly on the 5v line.

I adjusted the AR2s to a juicy 5v on each, but replacing a few more components for peace of mind.

bonehead View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members
Call me jamma jim

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bonehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2019 at 7:20pm
Did you buy cap kits from the USA or make up your own?
I need a couple of kits to sort some games out.
Always looking for a bargain.
Wanted., bezerk, mad planets.
Shinydaz View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shinydaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2019 at 8:08pm
Fingers crossed they are reliable for you.
Chopper79 View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2019 at 8:10pm
Originally posted by bonehead bonehead wrote:

Did you buy cap kits from the USA or make up your own?
I need a couple of kits to sort some games out.

I haven't actually replaced any caps. Having read a lot of info on klov, people say to leave them if ok. The trouble is finding any of these caps, is impossible, unless you import them!

I found maybe a couple of values on ebay, but always a no name cheap chinese brand, and no way as good as the original nichicons.
SUPERSPRINT View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SUPERSPRINT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2019 at 9:00pm
Did you dishwasher the ar2? Looks brand new.
Chopper79 View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2019 at 9:14pm
Originally posted by SUPERSPRINT SUPERSPRINT wrote:

Did you dishwasher the ar2? Looks brand new.

Ha Ha, no. They were both super clean when I got them.
Chopper79 View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2019 at 7:11pm
Looks like there may be a problem! No I haven't plugged in board yet. After talking to mark, It may appear I have the wrong AR2's in my cab.

My AR2's are for the atari boarset, because they have the onboard amplifiers, whereas the namco boardset, has the amplifiers on the PCB itself. I just watched a youtube video of someone with the correct AR2's, and there are hardly any components on the board.

I still have the correct +5v/+12v on both power connectors, but not sure if having the amplifiers on board the AR2's, would cause an issue with the one's on the PCB?

My only other option, is to bypass/disconnect both AR2's, and fit a switcher. I can run the +5v and +12v staright from the switcher, with new leads and connectors, which would do exactly the same job, as the correct AR2's.

Or I could just desolder the amplifiers on the AR2's?

Anyone have any experience with these issues?
Bods View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2019 at 12:07am
Ah right

So ones that have less on probably don't have the amplifier side installed, always wondered why there are so many different AR2 boards with different amounts of components but never looked into it
WANTED! Buggy Boy Junior Rear Seat. Continental Circus Cockpit Lower Rear Light Plexi and more space
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
  Share Topic