ukVac.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Arcade > High Scores
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Pole Position

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
david_orton_2000 View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members
Green Mario

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote david_orton_2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pole Position
    Posted: 07 Mar 2014 at 5:19pm

This was at RGP, and after a lot of whiskey...so maybe it is getting your mind into a total relaxed state that helps! ;-)
Mine is the 2nd highest, and the 1st time I ever finished Pole Position.
Flat out all the time almost, couple of down shifts I think on those really tight bends, no crashes.

Cheers,
DaveO.

Edited by Muerto - 28 Sep 2014 at 10:55am
smarty View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smarty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2014 at 8:58pm
First time I've finished the game from memory tonight. The cab is set to the recommended defaults in the manual for an upright.

Score: 58250 Smile

jumpnfire.com

MOST WANTED:
- Atari Return of the Jedi upright cabinet.
- Atari Pole Position PCB's.
samusaran View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samusaran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2014 at 11:26pm
Heres mine

smarty View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smarty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2015 at 12:39pm
Having a few goes on PP this morning. Cab is now set to the Twin Galaxies Tournament setting. Dip setting below if anyone wants to play along.

Settings of 8-Toggle Switch on Pole Position CPU PCB (at 9JA) for Atari Boards:
1-5 = OFF
6-8 = ON

Settings of 8-Toggle Switch on Pole Position CPU PCB (at 9L for Atari Boards or 7E for Namco Boards)1 = OFF
2 = ON
3-4 = OFF
5-8 = ON

Note: The above Dip Switches, are not only the FACTORY DEFAULT settings, but are also the correct Twin Galaxies Tournament Settings for this title and will provide the following settings;Game Time: 120 Seconds

Laps: 4
Practice Difficulty: "C" Rank
Extended Lap Difficulty: "G" Rank [75 - 51 - 57 - 61]
jumpnfire.com

MOST WANTED:
- Atari Return of the Jedi upright cabinet.
- Atari Pole Position PCB's.
Shun View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2017 at 10:17pm
I struggled to get my Namco board setup correctly, but then I swapped the dip switches so that:

9E:
1= Off
2= On
3-4 = Off
5-8 = On

7E:
1-5= Off
6-8= On

(The picture appears to be upside down because that is how the pcb is mounted in the cab)
I don't know if mine is a special case, or if this is the same for all Namco boards, but I thought I would post it here in case anyone else struggled to get there board set correctly.

Edited by Shun - 04 Jun 2017 at 10:23pm
Shun View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2017 at 9:32pm
Ok, got some practice in tonight and "kept my foot in it" and managed to achieve 64400 with a no crash run. This was also my first time finishing the race on these settings :)

I don't know if there is a difference between the Namco board and the Atari board though. 

neil1637 View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neil1637 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2017 at 8:58pm
So after a bit of practice at Nerg this year I finally completed PP for the first time in my entire little life.

Very happy indeed.

PS. No idea why photo is on it's side!

Please visit my Arcade Diary Blog at https://neilsarcadediary.wordpress.com/

Grail search - Donkey Kong and Pole Position upright.
Nik73 View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nik73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2017 at 2:26pm
Nice work pal. Clap
Shinydaz View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shinydaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2018 at 1:24am
Well I never finished it as a kid and after getting my cab up and running I was determined to at least complete it. 55350, plenty of room for improvements. I lost count of how many times I sworn when I crashed, good job the kids wasn't playing it with me #@#@ !!!

Out of room but always room for one more !
DanP View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Whipcracker

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2018 at 11:25am
Isn't that Pole Position 2 when it shows the name of the track (Fuji)?   Probably wrong, been a while since I played PP 1 :)
Shinydaz View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shinydaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2018 at 1:16pm
Your right Dan forgot to mention that, I'm guessing it's exactly the same track/settings as pp1.
Out of room but always room for one more !
DanP View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Whipcracker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2018 at 2:15pm
Not quite the same no.   The game play is slightly different.   The TG settigns for PP2 are below, imo it makes the game VERY hard to complete!   You pretty much can't afford to ever crash over the entire 5 laps.

Preliminary Game Time: 90 Seconds
Preliminary Rank: D
Extended Rank: D [75 - 45 - 55 - 55 - 55]
Number of Laps: 5
Speed: High Speed 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic