Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > Tech, Maintenance & Repairs
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Police Trainer - Stray Shots on Both Guns

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neoretro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Police Trainer - Stray Shots on Both Guns
    Posted: 18 Jul 2018 at 7:07pm
Hi,

Don’t know if this is a built in thing, but on my police trainer the gun is fairly accurate but 1 in 6 shots seems to veer off to the right by about 2 inches. Which when you’re trying to complete he accuracy stages is infuriating.

I’ve calibrated the Guns and it doesn’t make any difference.

Any ideas?

Thanks

gunblade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gunblade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2018 at 8:32am
have you  increased contrast and brightness yet
have you checked the gun sensors and gun cables, quite often the phototransistor legs break but in a way that at certain angles the gun will work fine
neoretro View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neoretro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2018 at 8:42am
Completed Calibration. That adjusted the flash brightness. Hadn’t adjusted the brightness on the monitor yet. Will look there next.

I checked the cables into the board. If there are others I’ll do another review.
Sbdesign View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sbdesign Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2018 at 8:45am
Clean gun lens inside and out (just a additional thing to do which I know is obvious)
Looking out for a Sega Gun cab: HOTD 1or2 / VC 1or2
AaronBoone View Drop Down

3 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AaronBoone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2018 at 8:57am
Just to clarify is it only the P1 gun that does it or does P2 do it too? Have you tried swapping the guns over on the board?
neoretro View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neoretro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2018 at 9:05am
Originally posted by AaronBoone AaronBoone wrote:

Just to clarify is it only the P1 gun that does it or does P2 do it too? Have you tried swapping the guns over on the board?

Both sides. I did consider that.

With regards to opening the guns up, anyone know where you can get the screw driver bits for it from?
AaronBoone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AaronBoone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2018 at 9:09am
You'll need a security bit set like this
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic