Forum Name: Meetings & Events
Forum Description: Upcoming meets and tie-ups
URL: http://www.ukvac.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=333584
Printed Date: 02 Jul 2020 at 8:48pm

Topic: scottish pinball league meet
Posted By: JohnBud
Subject: scottish pinball league meet
Date Posted: 26 May 2013 at 10:26am
hi guys, next sunday the 2nd of june is the next league meet. im hosting, so its going to be in a boozer Cool its either that or dont bring any children, its too dodgy at mine, too much stuff kicking around. this is the 3rd meet this year. its being held in the broch lounge in kilsyth. usual terms and conditions apply. if you fancy some games of the silverball type, then get yer butt over to kilsyth for 12.30ish. if you need more info then lmk and i can pass on the details.

seez ye rer.

Replies:
Date Posted: 01 Jun 2013 at 7:53am
last bump for this, the postcode for the venue is g65 9az. im not sure what pins will be there, but it will be another mix of some of the usual tables.

Date Posted: 14 Jul 2013 at 7:53am
just confirmed, the last meet of the season is

28th of july. at jon higgins place.

if you want to go to this drop me a line and i will pass on the details.

this is the last chance of the year to meet some of the scottish players, all machines on freeplay.

see you there.

Date Posted: 23 Jul 2013 at 6:30am
a quick bump Thumbs Up pinball for this season is nearly over Cry

Posted By: IDCHAPPY
Date Posted: 28 Jul 2013 at 10:49am
Hope you guys all have a bash at the pinball league meet today Clap

-------------
We are the 45

Date Posted: 28 Jul 2013 at 11:00am
scott and his mrs are coming through for a few credits. its going to be another late 1 for me. the times are now 2 till midnight ish LOL

Date Posted: 29 Jul 2013 at 8:54am
well thats it for another year Cry unless of course you made some new buddies with pinballs, in which case, the silerball will continue to roll Thumbs Up  

Date Posted: 17 Dec 2013 at 10:41am
the first league meet of the new season will be.

the 30th of december in glasgow.

the meet will be at hijons house, if you need an addy lmk and i will pass on the details.

see yeez aw rer Hug

Date Posted: 30 Dec 2013 at 11:09am
Pinball is on today.

Date Posted: 30 Dec 2013 at 7:55pm

Posted By: damo666
Date Posted: 31 Dec 2013 at 1:47am
nice to meet you tonight John

Damo 

Date Posted: 02 Jan 2014 at 10:25am
nice to meet you too bud, hopefully catch you again at the next meet.

Date Posted: 13 Jan 2014 at 11:02am
dit dit tiradit news just in.

john bud takes first place in the scottish league Cool

i will be having a signing at 74 argyle st in the bus stop/shelter. if you want to bring a pinball for signing or perhaps your wife would like her breasts signed then feel free to pop by Thumbs Up but please keep your bitches on a tight lease, we don't want any cat fights. security will be present but in disguise. the shift patterns vary and glasgow city council are supplying transport. so if you see some people getting on a bus from the bus stop, don't worry it's just a shift change Big smile

p.s. if i'm not there try the nearest boozer LOL

thanks to jon and nikki for hosting another great day of pinball Hug

Posted By: damo666
Date Posted: 13 Jan 2014 at 7:55pm
nice one haha ill hopefully do better next time!!!

Date Posted: 13 Jan 2014 at 9:56pm
Pics??Clap

-------------
We are the 45

Date Posted: 14 Jul 2014 at 7:43am
ok folks,

it's pinball time again Big smile this coming sunday at jons.

all welcome anybody fancies a few credits then drop by. families are welcome too Thumbs Up

seez ye rer.

Date Posted: 11 Aug 2014 at 9:06pm
Aaaooooowaa Aaaooooowaa pinball this weekend, same joint as last bbzzzt. That is all.

Date Posted: 15 Aug 2014 at 8:15am
anuffer bump. iffs yoo wunt tu play pinbaw itz at jons.

to finish the league we will be having a double dunter, sright 2 sets of scores Cool

probably the last meet of the season Cry let's see it go down with a bump LOL

Posted By: WTGBoab
Date Posted: 15 Aug 2014 at 8:34am
When and where John? Hopefully I can make it.

Drop me a PM if needed.

Date Posted: 15 Aug 2014 at 8:47am
it's right next door to carmyle choo choo stop Thumbs Up i tried finding the postcode but i can't Cry i will dig it out and send you a pm. no trains stop at this station on sunday though. it's about a 2 oclock kick off. i get a lift through but if you prefer and you have a car, you could pick me up and i will take you through Big smile i'm in kilsyth. it's about 15 minutes from jons gaff.

Date Posted: 15 Aug 2014 at 12:41pm
I can't make it this Sunday...but I would love to attend another night.

I don't drive sadly, if there is any meet up in Glasgow let me know mate and I'll be there!!

Date Posted: 15 Aug 2014 at 3:28pm
Originally posted by WTGBoab WTGBoab wrote:

I can't make it this Sunday...but I would love to attend another night.

I don't drive sadly, if there is any meet up in Glasgow let me know mate and I'll be there!!

I should be doing an arcade meet in Edinburgh within the next couple of months

-------------
We are the 45

Date Posted: 17 Aug 2014 at 7:15am
Last bumperooni :)

Date Posted: 18 Aug 2014 at 8:34am
Hope it went well lads.

Date Posted: 28 Oct 2015 at 7:20pm
right then Clap news just in Big smile

the first 2 meets of the new season have been announced Cool

first meet will be at ailsa and colin's place full address to follow, but cumbernauld is the area Big smile the meet will be held on the 22nd of nov 2015. this score is towards the 2016 league Wink

second meet at mrpinballs hoose. it's at eric's " paisley pinball " again address to follow.

bit of drama last year due to hijon " best player in scotland " nearly chopping of his fingers in a sawing accident Shocked he is ok now and working towards the bottom place LOL " love you man " 

so        22nd of november  11.a.m. warm up and game on at 13.30 in CUMBERNAULD Thumbs Up

i will update it as we go along Ying Yang new players always welcome " as are families " 

seez ye rer.

Date Posted: 29 Oct 2015 at 11:58am
the closest train station is croy. you can probably cadge a lift from there to the meet. 

if you get stuck for transport, lmk.

Date Posted: 09 Nov 2015 at 8:49am
2 weeks to go now

Date Posted: 19 Nov 2015 at 10:39am
ok here is the address for the first meet Big smile

there's a pub just around the corner if anybody fancies a quick beer Cool

12 glen sannox loan
craigmarloch
cumbernauld
g68 0gd

see ye rer

Posted By: Equites
Date Posted: 19 Nov 2015 at 11:19am
John Bud at 1:14

Posted By: muddymusic
Date Posted: 19 Nov 2015 at 11:34am
That's uncanny LOL

Date Posted: 19 Nov 2015 at 12:54pm
LOL

Date Posted: 19 Nov 2015 at 12:59pm
https://youtu.be/Z_UGD7AazMI

Date Posted: 12 Jan 2016 at 10:21am
a bit late to post but better late than never Big smile

meet 2 is in airdrie this sunday. 

11 AM for practice and the game starts at 1 Cool

it's in eric's house so should be some nice games to play Thumbs Up

drop me a PM for the postcode and address.

cheers.

Date Posted: 17 Jan 2016 at 9:23am
pinball today Thumbs Up

Date Posted: 23 Feb 2016 at 5:39pm
listen up ladies, pinball meet on sunday 6th of march Big smile Thumbs Up Clap calm down LOL

back in cumbernauld again at ailsa and colins. 

11.30 warm up and game on at 13.30.

if you want to play on some great tables then why not pop over ??? it's a mix of non-burdened people and families LOL there is a buffet and coffee/tea on tap Dead or bring a couple of beers Hug Handshake Beer Heart 

this is meet 3 of the scottish pinball league. this is part of the ukpinball league Cool but that does not mean that all players are good/great players.

these events are a great way to meet the people who enjoy playing video and pinball games in scotland. give it a go.

i'm happy to meet up in a pub close to the meet if you are shy Ying Yang or if you just fancy a pint before the meet Cool Approve the closest train station is croy, buses to cumbernauld and kilsyth Thumbs Up 

hope to see some of you guys there Nuke

Date Posted: 06 Mar 2016 at 9:15am
pinball is on today at cumbernauld Big smileThumbs Up

Date Posted: 07 Mar 2016 at 8:22am
pictures are posted on facebook Thumbs Up more new visitors yesterday including some english players Cool the curry smelled superb as did the meatballs. 

next meet is may at jon higgins in glasgow Cool

Posted By: tazfaedodge
Date Posted: 07 Mar 2016 at 12:45pm
Are they always going to be on a Sunday? 

And why mothers day? Would have liked to have gone to this but there was no way I was going to get away yesterday without taking my mother out to the boot sales.

Nick

-------------
They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal

Date Posted: 08 Mar 2016 at 8:55am
@taz pretty much it is sundays we play. a lot of them work saturday so it makes sense Thumbs Up if you fancy the next meet lmk and we can sort you out Big smile it's a 15 minute drive from here so not far really. 

Date Posted: 03 May 2016 at 6:45pm
whoops, the season is now over Cry

Date Posted: 31 Aug 2016 at 7:19am
THE NEW SEASON Big smile

the first meet of the 2016 season will be on 11/09/16 that is sunday the 11th of september this year Cool

venue - ailsa and colin's at cumbernauld Thumbs Up

families etc welcome, food and drinks Nuke and of course free pinball all day Big smile they also have a video cab Hug

if you want to go the, lmk. Wink

Date Posted: 06 Sep 2016 at 8:06am
this weekend guys Big smile

Date Posted: 10 Sep 2016 at 1:48pm
tomorrow's buffet will include a meat and non - meat curry Cool

this is the start of the new season. we have 4 or 5 meets a year new members are always welcome Hug

bring the family too. it only costs a fiver and you can get that back by eating the food Wink the tables get changed and the venue moves about too.

this meet is tomorrow at 11.30 at sannox loan in cumbernauld. 

seez ye aw rer.

Date Posted: 15 Jan 2017 at 2:20pm
ok guys pinball next week at hijons hoose :) all welcome to come and play some silverball Cool

Date Posted: 18 Feb 2017 at 6:45pm
the next day of pinball will be in dundee Shocked 

maybe some of you guys from near it can come and have some fun Hug  we cater for families too Cool it's a good day out playing pinball and having fun. food and coffee etc are included in the entrance fee ??? i think it's a fiver and kids are free. 

date  19th march.
practice starts at 11.
game on 12.30

hopefully see you at the doo LOL 

Date Posted: 22 Feb 2017 at 7:40am
the meet on the 19th is cancelled ??? it appears that the host has broken his heel Cry

Date Posted: 08 Apr 2017 at 7:20am
wee update.

next meet is 21st may at dundee.

i will post more details as i get them but generally it's 11 o'clock practice. and 12.30 kick off.

see yeez aw rer.

Posted By: jiytee
Date Posted: 05 Jul 2017 at 12:21am
I'll have missed that one then, but will keep an eye out for updatesThumbs Up

Date Posted: 06 Sep 2017 at 3:59pm
Okay, next meeting is Sunday 24th September in Cumbernauld.  PM me for details if you don't already know.  

practice from 11.00 o'clock.
entry is £5 for adults Thumbs Up and children are free Thumbs Up
croy station very close by or cadge a lift Wink

this will be the last meet of the season Cry but we have had some great meets Cool

if you have never been before why not pop along Hug ailsa makes a great curry and usually finger food is available too Big smile and cakes and other nice things. these are included in the entrance money and all machines are set to freeplay Big smile

contact robin_I  and he can give all the details you need, good man Thumbs Up

god my fingers ache

Date Posted: 18 Sep 2017 at 4:02pm
this sunday Cool

Date Posted: 06 Jan 2018 at 1:23pm
the new season will kick off on the 21st of this month Cool it will be held in dundee, more info as it happens Thumbs Up

Date Posted: 06 Jan 2018 at 4:11pm
https://www.facebook.com/scottishpinball/?hc_ref=ARRKWYYJTLRs_TL6rLEe8kD0G_h_oYeqYuieM2UrzMdnFPC1y-EoHqmMZlrkn04V-VQ&fref=nf" rel="nofollow - Scottish Pinball Association
https://www.facebook.com/scottishpinball/posts/702468133283039" rel="nofollow - 29 mins  ·  https://www.facebook.com/#" rel="nofollow -

The first league meeting will be on Sunday 21 st January 2018 in Dundee . Hosts are Traci and Chris Edgar . Practice from 11 am . Play from 1 pm . Cost £5 which includes light refreshments . Everyone very welcome . For address and further information please email ailsaclunie@aol.com . 
The second meeting will be on Sunday 25 th February in Cumbernauld . Host Colin Clunie . 
Uk finals will be at pinfest in Daventry in August this year so looking for two more hosts before then . Slightly new system this year so more details to follow .

Date Posted: 27 Jan 2019 at 11:11am
today we are playing up in dundee if you fancy it drop me a line and i will send over the details. all pins are freeplay and food etc is available too :) 

Date Posted: 11 May 2019 at 10:01am
a bit short notice however tomorrow we are hitting the silverball in airdrie Thumbs Up it's at erics house ??? he is the guy who owns paisley pinball. as per normal all machines on freeplay Cool food etc is supplied and we are family friendly too Wink practice is from 12 o'clock. entrance is £5 for adults. if you like pinball why not pop along and meet the regulars Big smile post here or drop me a line for details/address etc.

Date Posted: 12 May 2019 at 11:15am
https://www.facebook.com/scottishpinball/?__tn__=kCH-R&eid=ARDlo-6K8ISGKt1Ratv210UhCV1mQoZ2Hixn6xJUm996Eugi1x1Lv5-g5Jcwic5MokUzgBUvBCbmk9ni&hc_ref=ARQtvDYviYKLxNgM4JURlEiou5uXHiuqpVMGAN9eBtlWuLzd92AV1rG4wPw7oyQUoCQ&fref=nf&__xts__%5B0%5D=68.ARAWV-CmP-K9ik4mP9ppMUF5FlpEDuoWolSr1azuMi7SqQ2YxccIrLsCUX2orlP3nK89B8eoAA9xGJRU2y0VR9VD5excBXF0vp5FArnOzjZo1z0WQ8CViYVs3RrnWLb3hmFQ4ja7Kw4aheD4eI-MIDu0hFkjycGWPRCVlowlz3iZhhYSt6qS7QcmqNg1pD3ySQJKodPTl58-zvuhr3Ox7AGYBivrH1IF4axXg3-k9V6dG0HrkzpiusfhPwhYrFicE1oIeOKigiA2dXzv_960zk4jHxcY0bIufVCHCGjR-6WRBSTnsYuML5H2IsPve0zf9bouTLQ-5DggCzo" rel="nofollow - Scottish Pinball Association
https://www.facebook.com/scottishpinball/posts/989220617941121?__xts__%5B0%5D=68.ARAWV-CmP-K9ik4mP9ppMUF5FlpEDuoWolSr1azuMi7SqQ2YxccIrLsCUX2orlP3nK89B8eoAA9xGJRU2y0VR9VD5excBXF0vp5FArnOzjZo1z0WQ8CViYVs3RrnWLb3hmFQ4ja7Kw4aheD4eI-MIDu0hFkjycGWPRCVlowlz3iZhhYSt6qS7QcmqNg1pD3ySQJKodPTl58-zvuhr3Ox7AGYBivrH1IF4axXg3-k9V6dG0HrkzpiusfhPwhYrFicE1oIeOKigiA2dXzv_960zk4jHxcY0bIufVCHCGjR-6WRBSTnsYuML5H2IsPve0zf9bouTLQ-5DggCzo&__tn__=H-R" rel="nofollow - 10 May at 17:28  ·  https://www.facebook.com/john.bud.31#" rel="nofollow -

Please note that the 3 rd meet on Sunday will not start until 12 md rather than 11 am . 
Machines include csi, fire , ac/dc prem , Simpson’s , family guy , Metallica and walking dead. Please contact Ailsa at ailsaclunie@aol.com for more details and address etc . Everyone very welcome ??

Date Posted: 20 Oct 2019 at 8:44am
https://www.facebook.com/john.bud.31?__tn__=%2CdC-R-R&eid=ARCBgiVw9bgHrGsWEpfL28ruy627xo7xzK_Cq5bRo7DnwJs-K7JcjyfLONVkPNdFCIA9L7CxL3IofgIC&hc_ref=ARS9P2hh4SMTXxTbXfoMujuMRss8SzKhtOmo_uDU85Eanm4kWCEi_7nQ9kLkuRX-CF8&fref=nf" rel="nofollow - John Bud
https://www.facebook.com/john.bud.31/posts/10215497640971129" rel="nofollow - 2 mins  · 
https://www.facebook.com/#" rel="nofollow -

today is the start of the new pinball season :) it is in cumbernauld at ailsa and colin's. new members are very welcome as are children. today we have vegetarian and chicken curry on offer with a selection of other nice things :) practice is from 11 until 13.00. after that you will need to score your games. if you have never been and would like to join then drop me a line and we can meet up or if you know where the venue is then head straight to it. cost is £5 for adults and the machines are all on freeplay :) i think i'm getting a taxi to the tesco and possibly grabbing a beer from the pub next door. hope to see you all soon 

Print Page | Close Window