PS4 Menu question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Busting vectors like it's 1982!

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PS4 Menu question
    Posted: 31 Mar 2016 at 11:45pm
Whenever we watch anything pretty much apart from a film, there is a black bar that pops up at the bottom of the screen with what the buttons do. But it covers part of the content. If you press a key it goes away for about 2 seconds.

We cannot find a way to make the damn thing go away permanently, it should be the opposite way round, hidden until I press a button. Anyone know if there is a way?

I've looked all through the setting but we can't even think if it's been like it since day one, just happened in a recent update, or what??

Edited by guddler - 31 Mar 2016 at 11:46pm
neil1637 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neil1637 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2016 at 5:57am
Mine is the opposite. ie: not there until I press a button. Mind you I haven't turned mine on for about 6 months! So if it's a recent update glitch I can't help.
Please visit my Arcade Diary Blog at https://neilsarcadediary.wordpress.com/

Grail search - blue Donkey kong upright.
guddler View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2016 at 10:24am
Pretty sure that's how it used to be here too but can't be positive. Just need to work out if it's something we've done or not. If you feel inclined to update yours and let me know the outcome id be really grateful as searching the net on the subject was coming up empty.
neil1637 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote neil1637 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2016 at 12:11pm
I'll try and get it sorted soonest. At work all weekend but then off for seven. Will fire it up tonight if I finish in decent time.

neil1637 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neil1637 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2016 at 8:02pm
Right then pal,

So, got home, dusted the PS4 down, switched on, pressed update, made brew, drank brew, inserted Wreck It Ralph, and..............

No menu bar, just the film. If I press the triangle button the menu bar pops up, press again disappears.

Probably no help but at least you now know.

Good luck.

guddler View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2016 at 9:17pm
Ah hang on - should have been clearer. It goes away if we watch a film.

Is it there at the "Desktop" and if let's say, you go into the PS Store and watch a trailer for a game? The only time it's not permanently there is if you are in a game or a film, so I guess, if you're in an application.

However, you have given me reason to believe it's something we've done and should be reversible
guddler View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2016 at 9:20pm
Hmm, I wonder if it's related to the fact we have a Bravia TV and we can control the PS4 with the TV remote? Damn handy but if it is the cause I'll switch that off (if I can work out how)

Edited by guddler - 01 Apr 2016 at 9:20pm
ben76 View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members
Hunts Spies

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ben76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2016 at 12:33am
I don't have a Bravia tv but when watching dvds to get rid of the bottom bar I use 3 options... 1 usually works... It only happens every so often for me usually after Riley has got hold of the controller..

In order..
1. Press the middle pad thingy.
2. Press 'O'
3. Call it a c**t and play a game instead.

Usually repeating no. 1 works if not then 'O' quits it if pressed enough... Then (3) I play Fallout 4 instead...

- Ben
neil1637 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neil1637 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2016 at 6:52am
@guddler. Apologies pal. I should have read your first post better!

So I do not have that bar when I'm in the store watching trailers using apps etc. Unless I force it to appear

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic