ukVac.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Pinball > Technical
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Race Drivin PCB help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ware1032 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Race Drivin PCB help
    Posted: 12 Dec 2020 at 7:53pm
Hi all. Can anyone point me in the direction of a pcb repairer? Some of the chips on my Race driving board have got damp somehow and pins are green/blue corrosion on them. Game doesn’t run. I’ve included a link to a video of the leds which just seem to be in a loop attempting to boot. But if anyone knows what this sequence means I’d love to know.

Or a deluxe sit down cockpit board or spare boards would be appreciated. It’s only the smaller top board that has corrosion. Rest are fine.

https://youtu.be/4BPHdHkuBTQ

Thank you
Funhouse71 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Funhouse71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2020 at 10:22pm
If you have any soldering skills I would personally attack this issue by chopping out the corroded sockets and clean up the existing eprom legs, check the contents against mame and if good then replace them in the new sockets to see if this cures your boot issue.

It just looks like the rusted legs have been exposed to damp and so there may not be any issue with the board itself just the eproms can't be read by the CPU correctly due to the corrosion.

Edited by Funhouse71 - 12 Dec 2020 at 10:24pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic