Forum Home Forum Home > Arcade > General Arcade Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Raspberry Pi JAMMA options?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amb47uk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2022 at 10:11pm
I reccomend rgb-pi solution. simple front end option to switch from tate to horizontal and it auto filters the games list.

So simple to setup and use.

love mine
SlamTilt View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SlamTilt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2022 at 1:32pm
I got a p2jamma from arcadeforge.de  a few weeks ago. Sadly I'd literally just finished putting it into a case, when the CRT on my only cab died (and it's still missing a stupidly cheap, but seemingly never-coming-into-stock-at-Farnell transistor to fix), so never got to try it, but I'll happily report back once it's all back up and running.

Edited by SlamTilt - 27 Apr 2022 at 1:38pm
minwah View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minwah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2022 at 3:13pm
Originally posted by SlamTilt SlamTilt wrote:

I got a p2jamma from arcadeforge.de  a few weeks ago. Sadly I'd literally just finished putting it into a case, when the CRT on my only cab died (and it's still missing a stupidly cheap, but seemingly never-coming-into-stock-at-Farnell transistor to fix), so never got to try it, but I'll happily report back once it's all back up and running.

I use one of those (the Pro version though I believe) in a vertical cabinet. Good bit of kit - never had any issues.

Also have one of their Pi2Scart's which is also decent.
Nik73 View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nik73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2022 at 4:28pm
I just got an RGB-Pi and it was easy enough to get up and running after a small hiccup and realising I had a dodgy 12v connection. I have a 1 player, 6 button panel and cannot for the life of me figure out how to insert a coin! I figured out start+2 is exit game, but I’ve tried every other combo and can’t insert a coin. 
I tried remapping the controls in the software, but you can’t seem to set a 2 button combo. I tried making 4 the coin button, but even that didn’t work. 
Any help would be appreciated 
Venom View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Venom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2022 at 7:58pm
On my 2 player cabinet 6 buttons

I use the cabinets player 1 start to both insert coins and player 1 start.
Some games with choices you can configure just the game.

I use player 1 start and player 2 start combo to exit a game back to the gui.

I then use a combo to get the slider so i can adjust the volume. 

So you could ignore all this and set the insert coin to same letter that is passing for your player 1 start button !

Right not sure what version of mame you are using etc.
Combos does work just tried it for you !

But I did this on my windows cabinet with coinops and mame.
I think they do coinops for pi now too !

Load your frontend and a mame game I used 1942

With your keyboard inserted press tab and then you want to look for controls, other controls something like that to the point you see Insert coin 

Press delete for the current one then press enter and THEN  press your combo.

Alternatively look for a mame/cfg folder and look for the default.cfg  which stores the controls (unless you alter them per game)

You are looking for this line to edit

So the below on my cabinet I would do a combo of  pressing my player 1 button 5 and and player 1 button  6  which happen to be X and space !

So you could edit it to whatver your 5 and 6 keys are if that makes sense !

<port type="COIN1">
                <newseq type="standard">
                    KEYCODE_X KEYCODE_SPACE 

Or find out what key your player 1 start is using on the line below and set the line above to the same !

port type="P1_START">
                <newseq type="standard">
                    KEYCODE_1

Edited by Venom - 14 May 2022 at 8:59pm
Nik73 View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nik73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2022 at 10:19pm
Thanks for that Venom. That worked, but only when I did it for each game. Changing it in the general settings didn’t work. At least I can play something now, but a bit of a faff.

I tried to use a combo in the RGB-Pi software settings, but it didn’t seem to like it.
Venom View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Venom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2022 at 7:36am
What a pain.

Have you tried Manually editing the file ?

Some front ends even coinops protects the deafult.cfg to stop people wrongly overwriting it.

I dont know what fornt end you are using.

You could try a different front end and set up

I dont have a pi 4 and this is a bit wip

I use the Windows equivalent on an SFF

The image below may not be 15K though ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tttl7hFWRQ

Edited by Venom - 15 May 2022 at 7:37am
Venom View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Venom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2022 at 7:53am
If not I can see people have had issue with being able to insert coin but not hit player 1

Maybe worth a punt askign a question with this guy as I think there are some community builds, just knowing where to get them from 

Good luck

Maybe check if you are using latest bios too

https://www.mortaca.com/rgb-pi/wiki/index.php?title=Changelog

Edited by Venom - 15 May 2022 at 8:00am
Nik73 View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nik73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2022 at 1:14pm
Thanks again Venom. I’m going to start fresh with the front end today as some of the UI controls are messed up with my fiddling, and see if I get into the .cfg. I’m on a 3B+, so that version (os/2) is final as far as I can tell. 
Asking on the discord as well and apparently coin is b3 on p1 or p2 by default, seems odd. Definitely wasn’t working even before I was messing. 
Venom View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Venom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2022 at 2:10pm
Seems an odd choice as some cabs dont have three buttons :)

i also pick a random say insert coin 10 then try the buttons and see what they  are actually sending !!

Some games you may want to distinguish between a coin and a start, but majority who cares !

Yes start from scratch may be best choice !!!

ColinD View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ColinD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2022 at 1:01pm
Originally posted by Nik73 Nik73 wrote:

I just got an RGB-Pi and it was easy enough to get up and running after a small hiccup and realising I had a dodgy 12v connection. I have a 1 player, 6 button panel and cannot for the life of me figure out how to insert a coin! I figured out start+2 is exit game, but I’ve tried every other combo and can’t insert a coin. 
I tried remapping the controls in the software, but you can’t seem to set a 2 button combo. I tried making 4 the coin button, but even that didn’t work. 
Any help would be appreciated 

As above.... DONT try to remap the controls from the RGB-PI front end if using Jamma (unless they have fixed this in the newer OS version) - It screws up some of the buttons and there does not seem to be a way to restore it to defaults (and they wouldn't tell me which file the settings get saved to).

It seems to always loose the last button.   Instead, map the controls in the emulators.  

Hope this helps.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic