ukVac.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Arcade > Meetings & Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Rastan - Ten Pence Saga #131

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
IN YOUR FACE!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaunholley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rastan - Ten Pence Saga #131
    Posted: 02 May 2019 at 6:24pm
Like a cat dragged in from the rain, the Ten Pence Arcade Podcast has been hauled kicking and screaming back to 1987, when hack 'n' slash barbarian video games seemed to be all the rage. This one is called Rastan, and sees you battling bats, sneks, idiot fish, skellingtons in miniskirts, and men with horses' arses.

Available to listen or whatever on:
iTunes 

ShaunHolley.
Shooting stuff right in't face.

Co-host of http://tenpencearcade.co.uk
Monstermug View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monstermug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2019 at 8:04pm
Don't you think you was a tiny bit harsh on Rastan Vic?  Wasn't that bad for a game made in 1987.  Looking forward to the Robotron one! 
SUPERSPRINT View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SUPERSPRINT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2019 at 8:31pm
I don’t remember Rastan holding a lizard man by the throat in the game. Is there anyway to superimpose Victors head on Rastan and Shaun’s head on the lizard?
virtvic View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members
The Cabaret King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote virtvic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2019 at 10:27pm
Nope - I could have been a lot harsher. That bloody game probably robbed a younger me of ten pees bitd.
There were so many better games than this back then.
THE PENCE IS MIGHTIER THAN THE SWORD!

Check out the podcast

http://tenpencearcade.co.uk

Got cabarets? > CALL ME!
Flinnster View Drop Down

First Year of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flinnster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2019 at 12:45am
LOL just seen you included my score.. you mentalists.. Embarrassed

WTD: Outrun DLX cab, Rolling Thunder pcb
Parts WTD: Dino King Door, Coin Box, Coin Chute
Bensonrad View Drop Down
STILL looking for an Outrun & Paperboy!

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bensonrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2019 at 7:28am
Look forward to listening to this one on the train this morning, I did not play along this time, Rastan has never grabbed me.
Wanted: Super Pacman Bezel, Millipede Euro inner Bezel. Small Cabaret Project Cab, Exterminator set up. Always after Millipede/Paperboy/Super Pacman/Outrun/Taito S.I PCBs
SullDaBull View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SullDaBull Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2019 at 9:33am
Now then.  Great podcast as always you lovely gentlemen.  I was sooooo excited to play Rastan as it's something I've always dabbled in but never really attempted any kind of focused progression play.  So obviously it's just a case of practice practice practice right?  Nope. It's oddly difficult. Like Vic says the damage is a massive failing.  You've no idea whether or not you're being hit and just how much damage each enemy does to you and before you know it you're nearly deaded. Unfair buggery thing.  Tweak the damage and perhaps increase the amount of bad guys it would make such a difference.  It'd end up being Kung Fu Master with a sword.  Which is no bad thing!

Talking of difficult, i'm looking forward to spending time on Robot Ron!   TWIN STICK PAKORA!!!!
TWB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TWB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2019 at 10:26am
Just had a listen on the way into work and enjoyed your ramblings as always.

Would there be anyway that those of us that don't use social media could enter the score competitions? Maybe open up thread here to put up the scores?

looking forward to next one

Edited by TWB - 03 May 2019 at 10:27am
WANTED
Cabs:
Leisure 2000
PCBs: Iron Horse
Parts:
Bensonrad View Drop Down
STILL looking for an Outrun & Paperboy!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bensonrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2019 at 8:25pm
Originally posted by TWB TWB wrote:

Would there be anyway that those of us that don't use social media could enter the score competitions? Maybe open up thread here to put up the scores?

@TWB - you can just message your score on here to Shaun or Vic, that's what I used to do in the past on the odd occasion I did join in the fun.

Listened this morning, another fine podcast chaps, I didn't play along with this one, never been a fan of this game, I had Nastar Saga or one of these games years ago and did not like it, I think I sold it for a fiver or tenner just to get rid of it.  I get confused are Rastan & Nastar the same thing?  I shall try and play along with the next game, I've got it on the 19 in 1 board, but will likely use Mame so I can use an Xbox style pad.

Keep it up.
Wanted: Super Pacman Bezel, Millipede Euro inner Bezel. Small Cabaret Project Cab, Exterminator set up. Always after Millipede/Paperboy/Super Pacman/Outrun/Taito S.I PCBs
Flinnster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flinnster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2019 at 10:23pm
Nastar Warrior = Rastan II Wink

WTD: Outrun DLX cab, Rolling Thunder pcb
Parts WTD: Dino King Door, Coin Box, Coin Chute
Steveylou View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steveylou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2019 at 11:16pm
That bit where you were listing the enemy types to music... that was ace! LOL

The rest of the episode was great too of course Thumbs Up
Dataeastfan View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dataeastfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2019 at 11:33pm
Rastan 2 leaves a lot to be desired (nastar)
I like the original game though.
Master system port is fun too.
shaunholley View Drop Down
IN YOUR FACE!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote shaunholley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2019 at 9:22am

Yeah mate, just post your score in this thread if you like, as long as that is OK with Admin. Smile
ShaunHolley.
Shooting stuff right in't face.

Co-host of http://tenpencearcade.co.uk
Hurray Banana View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Hurray Banana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2019 at 8:27pm
Originally posted by shaunholley shaunholley wrote:

Yeah mate, just post your score in this thread if you like, as long as that is OK with Admin. Smile

Thumbs Up
TWB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TWB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2019 at 7:14am
Originally posted by Bensonrad Bensonrad wrote:

@TWB - you can just message your score on here to Shaun or Vic, that's what I used to do in the past on the odd occasion I did join in the fun.

Originally posted by shaunholley shaunholley wrote:

Originally posted by Hurray Banana Hurray Banana wrote:

Thumbs Up

Cheer Guy's I'll try to get a score up for Robotron 
WANTED
Cabs:
Leisure 2000
PCBs: Iron Horse
Parts:
robotech View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robotech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2019 at 8:50am
Originally posted by Steveylou Steveylou wrote:

That bit where you were listing the enemy types to music... that was ace! LOL

The rest of the episode was great too of course Thumbs Up

That part made me laugh aswell
robotech View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robotech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2019 at 9:12am
Hi ten pencers

Another great podcast
Even with rastan being a bit of a naff game (good music though )

robotron is an exellent pick
I will try and find time to get a score in

Will the japanise speach lessons lady be back i realy enjoyed that
Section

RygarR View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RygarR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2019 at 11:03pm
I'm usually well behind the ten pence curve. By the time I've had the
chance to get a few games in, you've moved on to the next challenge :-(
For Robotron, however, I had to make the extra effort. So I dutifully dusted off the old JROK pcb and stuck it in my jamma cab. I was languishing
in the mid 400,000s for most of the past week. But on Saturday, I managed to kick
into gear with this: 1,007,600! Not my best, but I'm inspired to crack on and go for 2 Million now. Might need to get some training in first, though (cue Rocky montage). You really need to be warmed up to do well on this!

Edited by RygarR - 13 May 2019 at 11:18pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic