ukVac.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Arcade > High Scores
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Rastan

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonhughes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rastan
    Posted: 17 Sep 2013 at 12:35pm
Not really a high score but did anyone manage to complete the game without losing a life? I could do the game ALMOST every time on the single life, still can sometimes, but don't put in the practice like I used to.
Dataeastfan View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dataeastfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2018 at 8:22pm
Bump for this thread!

I'll add a score with picture later.

Had this game around a week...purists might want to hurt me, it won't sync at all on my crt with Supergun.

It does give a stable image on a modern LCD, albeit with interference.
So on a modern tv it's being played!!

I really wanted this game, so...I'm making the best of it, with what I have, rather than not play it.

Got to stage 3 on 1 life a few times now, but, that's it.

Score updates to follow..

Anyone want to play along?

My dips are on arcade defaults.

Edited by Dataeastfan - 11 Sep 2018 at 8:23pm
jonhughes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonhughes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2018 at 8:27pm
It’s in my cabinet so I’ll play along.

I think stalling or strategically losing life’s is the only way to push the score up above what I normally get. Haven’t tried stalling my aim wax always finish ASAP in style.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dataeastfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2018 at 8:31pm
I'm playing like that too...

Nice to see someone else enjoying this...

It took me about 50 credits to get stage 1 down...

Sure is fun...loving the music and overall design so much...

I'll see if I progress, in this thread...especially as you're playing too :)
Equites View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members
Chief Sheesher®

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Equites Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2018 at 9:09pm
I used to play the Rastan Saga version BITD and used to complete it without losing a life.

Awesome game.
Atari PCB's (and most non-Atari), AR2's, Vector Deflection/HV boards repaired & refurbished.
Wanted: Non-working Atari PCBs.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dataeastfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2018 at 9:15pm
I've actually been playing it, pretty much all day, until I found this thread and bumped it.

I'm kinda tired now, so just reading about games...

I may get another session in tonight...
Nik73 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nik73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2018 at 5:50pm
Love this game, definitely one of my favourites. Never finished, but could get to the end of level 5 back in the day. Thought that was the last level for years!

Still love it now, but haven’t got off level 4. Think my best saved score is 399960 on mame, but know I can beat that. Problem is, it’s one of those games I can only have one good go on, then I need a break.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dataeastfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2018 at 11:56pm
I still can't get stage 3 down!!

I'm also losing lives on stage 2...sometimes stage 1 too.

I have it in my head the first 2 stages, so..just more practice..

I know the enemy patterns aren't set as such...I wouldn't say random..but..they can do different things on certain parts...I guess that's where you need skill to kick in.

Thoroughly enjoying the challenge though.

Score update to follow, although...I've not made top on scoreboard in game...I think I'm around 200, 000.
jonhughes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonhughes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2018 at 7:08am
I put a 730,000 odd score in at Arcade Club on Saturday. No photo but it was there.

You may struggle on the third boss until you suss out how to kill him, then he’s really easy - I won’t spoil your fun by telling you how to defeat him.
Nik73 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nik73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2018 at 1:44pm
I use the same tactic on most bosses, jump and smack ‘em right in t’heed. 3 or 4 bats and they all go down.
Nik73 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nik73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2018 at 5:54pm
New personal best for me today. Got bailed out with a rams head on lvl 5 and got to the boss with an axe. Got far too excited and jumping and flailing about all ower the parish, dying quickly. Happy with the score though.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic