ukVac.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > Tech, Maintenance & Repairs
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Repair Namco System 22 RAM

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote solidpro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Repair Namco System 22 RAM
    Posted: 16 May 2018 at 9:32pm
Hi Everyone

I'm trying to restore a Namco Ridge Racer 2 arcade. I have one fully operational side - which makes it easy to diagnose problems with the other side.

As many may have seen the System 22 CPU often fails to display 3D GFX and background. I've concluded that this is related to RAM chips on the System22 CPU PCB.

However, I'm no PCB repair technician. Does anyone know anyone out there in the UK who could replace all the RAM chips on the system22 board? I have 3 of them now - all with the same fault!

Thanks

Alex
stegrey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stegrey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 10:20pm
I sent my ridge racer pcb off a few months back to namco for repair as it had the no 3d fault but they gave up in the end and had to refund me.
I know the board i got back the first time wasnt my original one i sent off.. and everytime it then came back it had the square chips in the middle replaced (sorry i havent a clue about pcb parts).. anyway 3 times it went back and came back with graphic and sound problems.
I have a feeling they might of just had boards they swop with your faulty ones and maybe they only had one left and it happened to be faulty and they couldnt fix it.. they did say before mine went off it was the last time they will ever look at one :(
I think they just swopped bretts for a new one when he had his fixed

Edited by stegrey - 16 May 2018 at 11:13pm
(Current cabs) sega rally twin,OR upright,Or2,ID2,Scud race upright,Ridge racer Dlx,Daytona Twin Dlx, New astro city and sega Naomi universal

Ace` View Drop Down
PlanB contributor #1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ace` Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 10:21pm
Easy enough to do but are you sure it's the ram? I see a lot of nasty surface mount customs.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic