ukVac.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Trading Post > Auctions & Ebay Stuff
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Results from Wilsons Sci Fi & Memorabilia

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iamjimmi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2017 at 12:25am
Originally posted by Retroman839 Retroman839 wrote:

Glad I didn't pay to join
Why Ireland ?
They were all in uk originally I think?
300 pins good price

They weren't pins....

Jurassic park was the monster sized video machine - but it was a project in parts.

Kings Castle was a redemption game.  
stevebm1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevebm1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2017 at 6:40am
Vector pinball over £1200Shocked,never seen one hit that price before this side of the pond,someone give me the plastics I need to finish mine pleaseLOL

Edited by stevebm1 - 27 Oct 2017 at 6:41am
====WANTED====
Vector pinball plastics
Body pop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Body pop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2017 at 8:18am
Originally posted by iamjimmi iamjimmi wrote:

Originally posted by Body pop Body pop wrote:

Escape from lost world was closer to 2 grand not 642

Thanks - corrected original post.

Thanks for putting all the prices up ,I had most of them in my head ,what they ended at anyway
But it’s good to see them with the fees added,
It was 20 % on the hammer price then 5 % of the 20% on top
You bought the litestar pulse then ? I’ll be down there later picking my own purchase up if you are concerned about anything on it let me know and il take a look .
Anyone else grab anything ?
iamjimmi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iamjimmi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2017 at 8:46am

You bought the litestar pulse then ? I’ll be down there later picking my own purchase up if you are concerned about anything on it let me know and il take a look .

thanks - I'll drop you a PM...

btw the auction made it to Radio 2 news this morning. They mentioned the Storm Trooper selling for nearly £3,000. You can buy the same storm trooper from the same manufacturer brand new for less than £1,000 at the moment! Ouch....

What did you pick-up?

Edited by iamjimmi - 27 Oct 2017 at 8:47am
Alpha1 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Do the Shake and 'VAC

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alpha1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2017 at 9:45am
Anyone know what the Cylon sold for?
Wanted: Time Traveller, GALAXIAN 3 THEATER, 80's Namco & Taito games

Body pop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Body pop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2017 at 9:45am
Originally posted by Retroman839 Retroman839 wrote:

Glad I didn't pay to join
Why Ireland ?
They were all in uk originally I think?
300 pins good price

Someone that usually knows ,said they couldn’t be auctioned on the mainland,so that’s how they ended up in n.i
muddymusic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Repro Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muddymusic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2017 at 9:48am
Those prices are insane, sounds like the vast majority of the cabs were far from original too. God you'd be gutted if you bought from a distance at one of those high prices and got a mame cab Ouch
Repro Arcade Artwork supplier, pm me or visit arcadeartshop.com
dj_yt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dj_yt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2017 at 10:20am
There was a psychological test I read about where a team of people tried to sell a bunch of second hand goods in a pub. They didn't sell very well.

They then ran the test again, but told the potential buyers that the goods were stolen. 

At this point, the goods all sold really well at the same price point.

I'm pretty sure this is similar psychology - run a load of news articles about a drug dealers stash of valuable memorabilia, then sell a load of mame cabs for mega high prices! 
Purity View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members
The Oracle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Purity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2017 at 10:38am
It sounds like the Paperboy was this one:

Link

which was ripped of parts and PC stuck inside with controls not working.

Sold on eBay for £570 back in Aug 2016

Not a good buy at £900+ if it is that machine :-(
Body pop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Body pop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2017 at 10:44am
The fees and vat made things look even worse than they wer
Hammer price of that starwars was 2750 ,and final price of 3420
The Roland rat anglia was a bargain at 2000 ,it was a nice Anglia,only problem was it was pink
Some of the machines were really superb too ,but 3600 hammer price for back to the future pin ?!
The outrun was the cleanest I’ve ever seen and was a fair enough hammer price
Body pop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Body pop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2017 at 10:48am
Originally posted by Purity Purity wrote:

It sounds like the Paperboy was this one:

Link

which was ripped of parts and PC stuck inside with controls not working.

Sold on eBay for £570 back in Aug 2016

Not a good buy at £900+ if it is that machine :-(

It was that one unfortunately .
witchfinder View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote witchfinder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2017 at 10:53am
Nonsense prices for the most part. If people bought these thinking they could flip them and make a profit, they're in for a shock! LOL
The 100k Challenge - 40 Arcade Classics. 2 MAME Cabs. 1 Average Gamer.
phillv85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phillv85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2017 at 11:20am
I wonder if any will show here?

"I've come across this Paperboy cab with new updated parts, only £1500!"
PAC-MAN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PAC-MAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2017 at 11:33am
I made an enquiry also, asking for internal pictures etc. The bloke I spoke to was really unhelpful, didn't have a clue what he was doing/saying and I don't think he even knew who he was, where he was or why he was even there!!

I can't deal with these guys so shut he door on that idea, glad I did!
bigian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2017 at 8:50pm
Yeah unfortuanately a lot of the cabs had mame internals, most didn't even have the controls wired to iPacs or aPacs
I got to looks at most of the machines once the locksmith had opened them, a mate was contracted in to give them the once over and see if he could get them working (he's a spark) he asked me to give him a hand, I was mainly interested in the pins but would have liked a few of the cabs if they were originals. Off the top of my head paperboy, space ace and one of the dragons lairs had the boards ripped out and a mame PC installed,

The Jurassic park ride game powered up but had a partially collapsed screen and didn't get past its network test. The compressor worked and cutout once we reconnected the tubes going to the seat part. Probably could get it working without a lot of expense

Edited by bigian - 29 Oct 2017 at 8:02pm
iamjimmi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iamjimmi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2017 at 3:23pm
Just noticed part 2 of this auction was held at lunchtime today. Mostly new stuff... but some items relisted from the original auction.

The Crystal Maze machine and the Tron were back again. Didn't see what they sold for...

No new arcade stuff....
Body pop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Body pop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2017 at 3:32pm
Oh didn’t realise that ,probably a good thing though :)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic