ukVac.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Arcade > Meetings & Events
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - REVIVAL For The Gamers 2020 Pt.1 - 7/8 Mar, W.Mids
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

REVIVAL For The Gamers 2020 Pt.1 - 7/8 Mar, W.Mids

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Turnarcades View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Turnarcades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: REVIVAL For The Gamers 2020 Pt.1 - 7/8 Mar, W.Mids
    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 at 12:10am
REVIVAL is back for a double dose this year with REVIVAL: For The Gamers 2020! The UK's best dedicated retrogaming convention returns in a revised format and new venue for two equal sized events; Part 1 on 7-8 March and Part 2 on 7-8 November at Five Star Community Centre, Darlaston in the West Midlands!

- Over 70 playable retro consoles and computers
- Over 30 FREE PLAY classic arcade and pinball machines
- Completely FREE entry for REVIVAL Membership Card holders (pre-orders only)
- Bargain £2 admission for all other non-members and children (pre-orders only)
- On stage and show floor competitions with great prizes
- Large screen multiplayer experiences and system link-ups
- A choice selection of traders offering various retro collectables
- Live special guest talk panels
- Reasonably priced, fully licensed bar and gamer's snack bar serving hot and cold food
- Accessible venue near M6 J10, with limited FREE parking
- Choice of nearby hotels with nearby rail and bus links
- Early entry and discounted in-event purchases with the REVIVAL Membership Card

With an increasingly saturated event calendar year on year, instead of just 1 big summer event that is easily missed we at RRE we are mixing things up for 2020 with 2 incredible events to mark the start and end of the event season. Dialling down the size slightly, we are able to bring you 2 equal sized events this year to give all retro gamers a much better opportunity to attend without clashing with hard earned Summer holidays. Though a little smaller, these events will both contain every element seen at the full-scale events, including a healthy arcade and pinball presence, plenty of traders to shop with, on-stage competitions and prizes and even a couple of special guest talks too. Each event will have slightly different featured areas too, so if you can attend both it will be a fresh experience both times!

Best of all, to mark the new decade and say thanks to our members and the most committed retroheads, Part 1 this March will be COMPLETELY FREE ENTRY for REVIVAL Membership Card holders, and just £2 for everyone else! This offer only applies to pre-orders through our website though and numbers are limited at this venue, so be sure to get tickets early, grab your friends and come and experience the unmatched atmosphere and perfect retrogaming weekend that is REVIVAL: For The Gamers 2020 - Part 1!

As most of you know this event is heavily supported by Arcade Club and a massive number of collectors at UKVAC so you can expect to see more diversity and exclusives from private individuals there, but we always need more help! If you want to showcase one of your machines or are able to provide a few to enjoy over the weekend for each of our dedicated zones then please do drop me a message or have a word with racantor, chuckieegg or smarty to let us know what you can do. Hope to see lots of you there again and enjoying another VAC-driven event weekend!

Edited by Turnarcades - 13 Jan 2020 at 12:12am
Knuckle scrapes, Stanley cuts, glue gun burns and power tool injuries from the workshop since 2004
robotech View Drop Down

3 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robotech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2020 at 12:37am
Is the new venue bigger than that horse place the winter warmer was at a few years back

Whats access like in this new venue for getting cabs in ?
Daytonaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa lets go away
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turnarcades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2020 at 12:37am
In terms of floor space it’s a little larger than the stables, but has a proper usable stage, cafe area and talks room. It’s easy to find too, not far from the stadium just the other side of the junction 10 island and there’s a Premier Inn in walking distance. For the arcade-minded as we all are here, it’s all flat ground floor access with flat concrete access direct into one side of the event hall as well as through the front door, so loading and cab safety is brilliant!

Would love it if you can make it fella, there should be a healthy arcade presence :).
Knuckle scrapes, Stanley cuts, glue gun burns and power tool injuries from the workshop since 2004
SuperGoataku View Drop Down
User
User

First Year of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperGoataku Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2020 at 7:10am
Just booked my room the other day. My membership number is 148, know there was a Facebook post asking for them but can't find it now. Hoping to get my Fantasy Zone Dino up and running. If it is and fits in my tiny car, I'll bring it. Does it require any PAT testing?
First weekend away since my daughter was born so super excited about catching up with everyone.
Ross
smf View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2020 at 2:21am
Originally posted by SuperGoataku SuperGoataku wrote:

My membership number is 148, know there was a Facebook post asking for them but can't find it now.

What is supposed to happen when you give your membership number? Do we get showered with Money/Women/Jamma boards?

Rasputin View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rasputin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2020 at 5:59am
My only reason to travel to brum! Love Revival.
Warrior needs food badly!
SuperGoataku View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperGoataku Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2020 at 11:29am
smf - Free entry, that's all I know so far.

Edited by SuperGoataku - 15 Jan 2020 at 11:31am
smf View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2020 at 5:12pm

smf - Free entry, that's all I know so far.

You can sign up for free tickets here

http://buytickets.at/revivalretroevents/276594

Titchgamer View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Titchgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2020 at 3:47pm
Already booked mine :)

User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turnarcades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 12:34am

Just booked my room the other day. My membership number is 148, know there was a Facebook post asking for them but can't find it now. Hoping to get my Fantasy Zone Dino up and running. If it is and fits in my tiny car, I'll bring it. Does it require any PAT testing? 
First weekend away since my daughter was born so super excited about catching up with everyone. 
Ross

Nice one dude, it's highly appreciated. Much respect to anyone an everyone who can spare a machine in their car for this one, as is y hope to add variety. VAC members have helped drive this forward and although there's a dedicated VAC meet this year, this still brings together many of them. It'll be a good weekend as always!

PAT testing won't be required to use your cabs at this one, the venue is cool on it and so are we. With public interaction though, please just ensure any cab brought is closed and locks/closes up well and there's no obvious electrical/mechanical safety issues. Never underestimate the public.

Originally posted by smf smf wrote:

What is supposed to happen when you give your membership number? Do we get showered with Money/Women/Jamma boards?

LOL It's free entry only for membership card holders and only when ordering in advance. With tickets expected to disappear fast and limited capacity, I'm trying to ensure anyone without a card 'playing dumb' double-takes when trying to order free tickets and doesn't mess about. Cards have to be produced on the door anyway so it can't be blagged, but it saves me headaches I've had in previous years where in the last week I get last minute e-mails from folks trying to wing it and wastes my time. Our name-number list for membership cards is only partially complete too (we didn't log numbers til year 3), so it's a good chance to update the list.

Thanks to all you other guys already ordered your tickets - we are already half sold and they're accelerating now so it's a good idea to be quick!

Edited by Turnarcades - Yesterday at 12:47am
robotech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robotech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 1:32am
Just bought tickets i will bring a cab along too depending on what i have ready at the time
Daytonaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa lets go away
smf View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8 hours 9 minutes ago at 5:51pm
Originally posted by Turnarcades Turnarcades wrote:

LOL It's free entry only for membership card holders and only when ordering in advance.

Well I assumed it was that, because I'd already entered my membership when ordering the tickets. I was worried that SuperGoataku hadn't ordered tickets and instead thought that posting his membership number somewhere would trigger something happening that isn't going to happen.

User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turnarcades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3 hours 4 minutes ago at 10:56pm
Not quite matey!

Originally posted by robotech robotech wrote:

Just bought tickets i will bring a cab along too depending on what i have ready at the time

Appreciate that fella, I’ll drop you a PM.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic