ukVac.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Arcade > Meetings & Events
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - REVIVAL: Generation X 2018 - 19-20 May, Walsall
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

REVIVAL: Generation X 2018 - 19-20 May, Walsall - Event Date: 19 May 2018 - 20 May 2018

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Turnarcades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: REVIVAL: Generation X 2018 - 19-20 May, Walsall
    Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 7:42pm
REVIVAL: Generation X 2018 is the latest upcoming show from Revival Retro Events, featuring the very best in dedicated retro video gaming exhibits and unrivalled gaming atmosphere. With literally DOUBLE the floor space of the previous year, 2018's main event will feature well over 250 playable systems and interactive attractions that will entertain any old school gamer, families, children and casual gamers alike!

- Over 150 playable retro consoles and computers
- Over 100 classic video arcade machines and pinball machines
- On-stage competitions and prizes
- Large screen multiplayer experiences and system link-ups
- An even larger selection of traders offering various retro collectables
- Live special guest talks and interactive workshops
- Reasonably priced, fully licensed bar and gamer's snack bar serving hot and cold food
- Accessible venue near M6 J9, with FREE Saturday and reasonable Sunday parking
- Choice of nearby hotels with direct rail and bus links to the venue

As well as all the best retro gaming attractions, REVIVAL: Generation X will be focusing on the evolution of electronic entertainment experienced by gamers who got their first dose during the video game revolution that kicked off at the dawn of the 80's. At double the size of 2017, the two major halls will each focus on a different period; the first will focus on the early days, with the dominance of the microcomputers and the golden age of the arcades. The second meanwhile will move into the 90's, with the influence of the import market pushing the pursuit of the latest technology and the late resurgence of the arcades inspired by Japan! 

2018 will be our best year yet with the input of our committed team and many gaming communities, so make sure you grab your tickets early, grab your friends and come and experience the unmatched atmosphere and perfect retrogaming weekend that is REVIVAL: Generation X 2018!

TICKETS: CLICK HERE
FACEBOOK: PAGE

Edited by Turnarcades - 06 Oct 2017 at 4:16pm
Knuckle scrapes, Stanley cuts, glue gun burns and power tool injuries from the workshop since 2004
Turnarcades View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turnarcades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 9:31pm
VAC members have always supported REVIVAL events well in the past with an excellent turnout, podcast coverage and importantly, equipment and cabinet support. Rcantor and Chuckie Egg will once again be heading up support from machine pledges, and with some input from Smarty and Flinnster, will be bringing a van load up from the south, with Cosine coming down from the north with similar and me doing the rounds in the Midlands. The big news on the arcade front though is that this year we are officially partnered with the mighty Arcade Club, and Andy will be sending down a massive 50 EXTRA machines, DOUBLING our total arcade count for 2018 and allowing us to theme a couple of arcade 'zones' in line with our plans.

We run at zero profit and logistics budgets are tight, so we depend highly on collectors pledging cabinets and pins to share what they cherish with other enthusiasts, so we are once again asking if any VACcers would like to contribute, there will be free admission and a pint or two waiting for you when you get here ;) We look after your machines well at the show and transport them well too if you want us to collect them. 

Tell us here if you'll be coming and drop any of us a line if you want to help out and we can co-ordinate it from there. Several other VACcers made individual contributions too last year with some really unique cabs and we hope some more members will get involved this time. We will be at the Arcade Club meet next weekend if you want to talk about the event with us, so use the opportunity if you can! Hope to see you all here in May!

Edited by Turnarcades - 06 Oct 2017 at 4:19pm
Knuckle scrapes, Stanley cuts, glue gun burns and power tool injuries from the workshop since 2004
robotech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robotech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 9:55pm
I will be up for bringing some cabs
To this

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turnarcades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 11:31pm
Top man! Be sure to drop me a PM or chat to me or one of the guys mentioned above here or at Arcade Club next weekend to give us an idea of how you want to help ;)
ben76 View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members
Hunts Spies

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ben76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 11:53pm
I'm hoping to be in a better position to begin loaning my stuff out to events next year, so feel free to use the lightest pencil you have to pencil me in! Again there's loads to sort first but I'm trying to stay positive and make a plan to get some free time and get back into this hobby of ours :)

- Ben

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turnarcades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2017 at 2:22am
Thanks Ben, I'll bear that in mind! Any and all cab pledges are welcome and it's good to see you there for a pint enjoying them!

Edited by Turnarcades - 06 Oct 2017 at 4:17pm
Flinnster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flinnster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2017 at 12:34pm
Anyone who has a Dino King / Mini cab conversion they'd be willing to bring to Revival 2018, please get in touch, we can chat about plans Wink
Except for Smarty, I know what yours are Tongue

Wanted: - PCBs: Rainbow Islands, Rolling Thunder, Original Wonderboy PCB
- Parts needed: Naomi non-swivel castor / wheel, coin mech metal clip for Dino King Door
muddymusic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Repro Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote muddymusic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2017 at 2:44pm
I'd like to think I'll have my next 2 dino conversions finished by then, and they fit nicely in the car so could probably add 2 to the list Smile
Repro Arcade Artwork supplier, pm me or visit arcadeartshop.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turnarcades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2017 at 4:21pm
That's awesome of you muddy, and with the others I know are coming we are going to have a little army of the buggers - perfect for the 'Japanese Arcade' area.
Vamino View Drop Down

3 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vamino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2017 at 7:40pm
I'm not sure of my shift for next year, but I'd be up for pledging a couple Sega driver cabs if I'm not working and something can be worked out regarding collection/dropping them back off. Smile
Insert Coin[s]

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turnarcades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2017 at 7:55pm
Always popular Vamino, appreciate the gesture. Drop me a line with the names/types of cabs and your location, and we can start making notes
Vamino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vamino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2017 at 7:57pm
I'm at Arcade Club next week so we can chat about it then if you like mate.

Cheers.
Insert Coin[s]
robotech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robotech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2017 at 8:18pm
I am planning on bringing initial d for definite maybe another couple of cabs depending on what I have working when the show happens next year
would be cool if someone could bring another initial d to link mine to
ill come find you for a chat at the vac meet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turnarcades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2017 at 8:51pm
Sounds good Vamino. Aw Robo, Chunksin brought his last year but he's now sold it, else could have linked to that!
robotech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robotech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2017 at 10:26pm
yes I played chunksin,s at the last revival event hopefully someone else brings one I have not played a twin before
Chuckie egg View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Nintendo Arcade

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chuckie egg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2017 at 8:47pm
i am going to show case the ultimate Nintendo line up

robotech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robotech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2017 at 8:57pm
will sheriff be making an appearance
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Nintendo Arcade

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chuckie egg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2017 at 9:33pm
oh yes 
and a few more 
Monkey magic ans sky skipper to name just a few Thumbs Up
SuperGoataku View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperGoataku Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2017 at 11:03pm
Wow, that will be awesome Alex! 
If you want another Candy or cocktail Craig let me know. I've also just received a 2 player link cable for the Virtual Boy that i'm desperate to try out!
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Nintendo Arcade

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chuckie egg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2017 at 7:10am
Originally posted by SuperGoataku SuperGoataku wrote:

Wow, that will be awesome Alex! 
If you want another Candy or cocktail Craig let me know. I've also just received a 2 player link cable for the Virtual Boy that i'm desperate to try out!

I know they made the cable and port but didnt know they made games that would work with it?
i thought they abandoned the idea 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic