ukVac.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Arcade > Meetings & Events
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - REVIVAL: Generation X 2018 - 19-20 May, Walsall
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

REVIVAL: Generation X 2018 - 19-20 May, Walsall - Event Date: 19 May 2018 - 20 May 2018

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperGoataku Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2017 at 9:11am
Nintendo abandoned it, but the clever folk over at PlanetVB have made some hacks to original games or written games specifically for the 2P connectivity, that you can pop on a Flashboy+ . The cable isn't cheap, in fact its ridiculously expensive, but its only one guy making them.
Turnarcades View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turnarcades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2017 at 1:10pm
Yes indeed guys - Chuckieegg will be furnishing us with the very best in primo classic Nintendo cabs, including his treasured Sky Skipper and Sheriff uprights. Along with contributions from myself (Kilker Instinct 1+2, Playchoice) and some major other classics supplied by Arcade Club, these will be made into a dedicated 'Nintendo Arcade' bank of machines in one area at the event :)

As far as plans go, there will also be two other areas:

- The 'Classic Arcade' situated in the 'Back to the 80's' hall. This will feature the best in cabarets, cocktails and early classics from the late 70's/80's and move up to the fading days of the golden age with the popular JAMMA titles, multiplayer cabs etc.

- The 'Japanese Arcade' will be the final bank, featuring the silver age of the 90's fighters, Neo-Geo, and candy cabs like the Egret, Blast City, Naomi and even a small legion of Dino King conversions. There should hopefully be some rhythm gaming love from Arcade Club, those quirky crowd-pleasers only our Japanese cousins could have thought up.

Bear these areas in mind if you are thinking of pledging a cab, as we'd like to see each area represented well :)

By the way, yes I will have my Virtual Boy there as always and I have a Flashboy to support whatever 2-player game you would like to do - wow that really would be a first for an event!
Knuckle scrapes, Stanley cuts, glue gun burns and power tool injuries from the workshop since 2004
blazerfrazer View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blazerfrazer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2017 at 10:43pm
Hi, I’m in the process of restoring a SEGA Enduro Racer, it’s an unusual version that’s smaller than the normal stand up and nothing like the full size sit down. Is this something you would be interested in? I would be really proud to have it on display there.
Wanted Zenitone Deal Em
Electrocoin Diamond derby
Electrocoin Random replay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turnarcades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2017 at 11:23pm
Absolutely fella, all cab pledges are welcome and we are always looking to put something different out, not just the token Space Invaders and stuff you see at most events now. Drop either me a message with your location etc and a couple of pics :)
Knuckle scrapes, Stanley cuts, glue gun burns and power tool injuries from the workshop since 2004
Flinnster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flinnster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2017 at 11:34pm
He's in Dorset Tongue I for one would love to see the finished restore at Revival. I am pretty certain I would have played on this very machine as kid, if the history from the original seller is correct. So yeah, would be lovely to have a go on it once again Wink

Wanted: - PCBs: Rainbow Islands, Rolling Thunder, Original Wonderboy PCB
- Parts needed: Naomi non-swivel castor / wheel, coin mech metal clip for Dino King Door
JonTron View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonTron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2017 at 7:15am
Hotel booked up for this, looking forward to it.

I can bring my Space Fever Cocktail for the Nintendo row if there isn't one going already. Maybe my other project, Nichibutsu Moon Alien upright, if the restoration goes to plan.
Steveylou View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steveylou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2017 at 10:29am
I'll be there. Been to the last 3 (or maybe 4) of these and had a blast each time. Last year was especially awesome with the Ten Pencers and Dave Perry milling about.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turnarcades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 12:08am
Good to hear Dave, hopefully we can get it there! Jon, would be superb if you can do that; we are aiming for a cocktail compliment too as they are under-represented at events and we’ve missed them since my bunch went up in flames a few years back. Al brought a couple of great cocktails in recent years and yes, we would love that if you can manage it! It’s worth mentioning that we will see you right in pints if anyone brings a cab we can use for the show ;).

Great to know Steve, and yeah we think this year’s was the best yet, and hopefully we can top it going big again!
Flinnster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flinnster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 1:17am
Originally posted by Turnarcades Turnarcades wrote:

we will see you right in pints if anyone brings a cab we can use for the show ;).

You know I was driving on both days last year? This year I'm staying local, I'm cashing in on the pintage! LOL

Beer BeerBeer BeerBeer Beer

Edited by Flinnster - 07 Dec 2017 at 1:17am

Wanted: - PCBs: Rainbow Islands, Rolling Thunder, Original Wonderboy PCB
- Parts needed: Naomi non-swivel castor / wheel, coin mech metal clip for Dino King Door
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic