ukVac.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Arcade > Meetings & Events
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - REVIVAL: Generation X 2018 - 19-20 May, Walsall
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

REVIVAL: Generation X 2018 - 19-20 May, Walsall - Event Date: 19 May 2018 - 20 May 2018

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Flinnster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flinnster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 12:26am
Quote Thought this might be a good reminder for names and faces ahead of Revival... what about folks wearing a lanyard from either of the Arcade Club Vac meet ups?  I now know loads of you but I remember being a newer member and not having a clue :)

Good call yeah, I'll bring mine along.. I'll see if I can put it in something where it won't keep turning round Big smile

Edited by Flinnster - 17 May 2018 at 12:52am

Wanted: Outrun DLX cab, Rainbow Islands, Rolling Thunder, Original Wonderboy PCBs.
- Parts needed: Naomi wheels, coin mech metal clip for Dino King Door
smf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 1:38pm
Originally posted by cNp cNp wrote:

Thought this might be a good reminder for names and faces ahead of Revival... what about folks wearing a lanyard from either of the Arcade Club Vac meet ups?

Good idea. It's useful for ticking off the spotters guide or target practise.
Turnarcades View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turnarcades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 9:16pm
Started a day early on the setup! A few pics from what little 5 of is managed to get through this morning: https://www.facebook.com/events/1920200711567256/permalink/2017226868531306/
Knuckle scrapes, Stanley cuts, glue gun burns and power tool injuries from the workshop since 2004
mr_ppp View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mr_ppp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2018 at 9:52am
Once again I have to miss out due to finances so I've just cancelled my booking for the Park Inn onsite, if someones quick you might get it for a bargain price as they are fully booked!

smf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2018 at 10:38am
Originally posted by Turnarcades Turnarcades wrote:

Started a day early on the setup! A few pics from what little 5 of is managed to get through this morning: https://www.facebook.com/events/1920200711567256/permalink/2017226868531306/

I'm going to try to travel early today to miss the traffic, is there anything you need help with?
JonTron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonTron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2018 at 8:14pm
What time will there be someone at the venue until tonight? Just got to my hotel and on way back to drop off my Space Fever. Anyone i should ask for when i get there?
blazerfrazer View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blazerfrazer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2018 at 10:08pm
Got here 30 minutes ago, spoke to Craig (super busy) gonna unload the Enduro Racer in the morning 8am
Wanted Zenitone Deal Em
Electrocoin Diamond derby
Electrocoin Random replay
robotech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote robotech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2018 at 12:04am
Nakered spent all day moving and building cabs
Tommorow,s going to be fun though
Woot woot
were meeting g over there
Vamino View Drop Down

4 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vamino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2018 at 12:16am
I'm shattered myself mate.

I have to say a massive thanks to both you and Chunksin for helping me move and build my cab up.
And also thanks to Roger for collecting the cab this afternoon.

It's been a long week, now it's power nap time!
See you in the morning mate. Smile
Insert Coin[s]
JonTron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonTron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2018 at 7:12am
Originally posted by robotech robotech wrote:

Nakered spent all day moving and building cabs
Tommorow,s going to be fun though
Woot woot

Cheers mate. Thanks for helping me carry my Space Fever all the way up to Nintendo Row. Had some last minute work on the control panel but she's in.

Nilyash View Drop Down

2 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

2 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nilyash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2018 at 6:21pm
Great Day and played some classics that I had not seen before. My son loved it and bought more than me! Thank you for putting the event on.
stegrey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stegrey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2018 at 10:33pm
Had a great time today was great to see everyone.. Thanks to the Revival team also Big Thanks to all the members who put in alot of time and hard work into bringing all the great cabs along for us to play

Edited by stegrey - 19 May 2018 at 10:38pm
(Current cabs) sega rally twin,OR upright,Or2,ID2,Scud race upright,Ridge racer Dlx,Daytona Twin Dlx, New astro city and sega Naomi universal

Vamino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vamino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2018 at 11:38pm
Just got back in from a very hectic day.

It was a pleasure to meet 'The Dino King' and also nice to see a few familiar faces and some new ones. Smile

2 things stood out for me.

First it was such a pleasure to play what was the game of the 'Game Of The show' in my opinion.
The mammoth restoration effort getting it up and running, and the unique experience playing it.
What a difficult game though! It needs a lot of practice to get good at it for sure.

The second thing was having the opportunity to play on Alex's Sheriff cab.
If the Enduro Racer wasn't there it would have been my game of the show.
What an amazingly fun game! The clicky controls and the design of the cab,  such an awesome experience to play it.

Thanks for bringing those 2 gems to the event guys. Thumbs Up

I couldn't get a look in on Donkey Kong, even during the shut in it was always occupied.
My cab took a dump so had to travel home to get some bits, managed to get it back up and running in the end. Surprised it got so much love tbh, Robotech's Daytona got hammered though!

Thanks for arranging the event Craig, you deserved the break at the end as every time I seen you you was busy. And thanks for asking for a vegetarian/vegan option in the meal, it was much appreciated.

Cheers.
Insert Coin[s]
Jumbosinbad360 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jumbosinbad360 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2018 at 10:56am
Had an awesome day at Revival yesterday, thanks to everyone involved.
It was great to see Alex's Nintendo line and his fantastinc Skyskipper cab.

A big thank you to whoever bought the Defender, spent a lot of time playing it only to confirm in my mind how much I really want one now!

Not me in the photo!

Edited by Jumbosinbad360 - 20 May 2018 at 11:06am
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jumbosinbad360 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2018 at 10:58am
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jumbosinbad360 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2018 at 11:00am
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jumbosinbad360 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2018 at 11:03am
robotech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robotech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2018 at 10:54pm
Wow what a few days first revival event where i have pledged some cabs
And seeing the setup of the event through a different perspective i think i previousley underestimated exactly how much effort goes into something like this

I would like to say thank you
Craig and the revival team
And a very big thank you to
Chunksin,vamino,rcantor77,jontron,
For helping me to transport and carry the super heavy sega driver parts
To set my cab up

I must admit that seeing kids that cant even reach the peddals having so much fun
Trying to drive made all the effort worthwhile :)

Edited by robotech - 20 May 2018 at 11:02pm
were meeting g over there
Shun View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2018 at 11:03pm
As others have said, well done to Craig and the team for organising such a great event and to all those how brought their cabs along.

Having the after hours curry on site was a great idea. Curry, Arcades and beer, what could be better :)

Apologies to anyone that had to endure my drunken babbling by the end of the night, I lost count of how many beers I had yesterday LOL.
Alpha1 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Do the Shake and 'VAC

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alpha1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2018 at 11:07pm
Well done all! Hope you all had a great time
Wanted: Time Traveller, GALAXIAN 3 THEATER, 80's Namco & Taito games

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>
  Share Topic