ukVac.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Arcade > Meetings & Events
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - REVIVAL: Generation X 2018 - 19-20 May, Walsall
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

REVIVAL: Generation X 2018 - 19-20 May, Walsall - Event Date: 19 May 2018 - 20 May 2018

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
iamjimmi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iamjimmi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 hours 34 minutes ago at 11:26pm
Originally posted by Vamino Vamino wrote:

2 things stood out for me.

First it was such a pleasure to play what was the game of the 'Game Of The show' in my opinion.
The mammoth restoration effort getting it up and running, and the unique experience playing it.
What a difficult game though! It needs a lot of practice to get good at it for sure.
Thanks for bringing those 2 gems to the event guys. Thumbs Up

I really wanted to have a go of the Enduro Racer but this dodgy geezer was hogging the machine all day!  LOL

Could only pop in for a few hours but great event. Agree with your two stand out machines - many thanks to Alex and Frazer for bringing these. 

Some great work going on in Vectrex corner - did I really play Star Wars on Vectrex?

Too much to mention but what was the story behind this amazing contraption???

Edited by iamjimmi - 22 hours 12 minutes ago at 11:48pm
big10p View Drop Down

First Year of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big10p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 hours 21 minutes ago at 11:39pm
Wassat? Ice cold beer 2018? Tongue
virtvic View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members
The Cabaret King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote virtvic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 hours 13 minutes ago at 11:47pm
Biggest and best one yet!
THE PENCE IS MIGHTIER THAN THE SWORD!

Check out the podcast

http://tenpencearcade.co.uk
Rog69 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rog69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 hours 54 minutes ago at 7:06am
I managed about three hours yesterday before getting called back home because there was water running out of the light fittings in my kitchen Censored.

I still managed to play some old faves and some of the rarer machines like Sheriff, and having the chance to get hands on with Sky Skipper was fantastic. I loved Vic's Isis Qbert too, it looks fantastic and plays really well (That RO in the score table was me running out of time to enter my name).

Thanks to everyone involved for putting Revival together, it was a superb event and I can't wait for the next one.
Chunksin View Drop Down

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chunksin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 hours 31 minutes ago at 9:29am
More thankyous! huge thanks to Craig and the team, in particular Aaron and Blake, well done on such an awesome and massive event, I can't imagine how many hours of planning went into it but it was just fantastic Thumbs Up Great to see folks from all over the retro gaming community come together to share their collections so generously. I have to agree with vamino, that Enduro Racer was very very special indeed Big smile

Cheers to all the vaccers I met and who helped me out over the weekend, vamino, robotech, rcantor77, flinnster, smarty, cnp, edget2000, djrouge, chuckie egg, JonTron and the awesome Vic and Shaun Thumbs Up

I'm aching to buggery now after staying behind to help clear the last of the cabs - nearly got squashed in the lift by that Killer Instinct cab! LOL
muddymusic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Repro Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muddymusic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 hours 13 minutes ago at 9:47am
Knackered after that. Long old drive but definitely worth it!
Great show, first time I've been to that venue and it's very well put together, nice line up of cabs to play old & new, good lot of pinballs, traders and beer prices were fair, food was alright too Thumbs Up

Great plan with the evening curry too, that was great, better chance to get around and play some stuff and have some more chats with people. Already looking at the posts here I missed quite a few of you!

I completely fell in love with Alex's Sheriff cab Heart, I think that's one of the nicest looking games ever made. I played that a LOT!
Finally got to actually play Sky Skipper too on the cab for the first time, never actually got the chance at the UK reveal LOL

Spent a fair bit of time on 720, man that's tough as f*ck. I'm glad it was on freeplay. Also it was amazing to see blazerfrazer's Enduro Racer, as others have said already. What an incredible job he did with that and it was also great to watch him play a few credits to see how it's done!

Spent about an hour on the Game of Thrones pinball, really enjoyed that. The 2 converted isis cabs with Bombjack and Q-Bert side by side looked great, and I love Smarty's Asteroids dino, that's an amazing bit of work, especially given he did that lovely glitter paint by hand.

I didn't take too many pics but here's a couple I did get.

Repro Arcade Artwork supplier, pm me or visit arcadeartshop.com
blazerfrazer View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blazerfrazer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 hours 17 minutes ago at 11:43am
Originally posted by iamjimmi iamjimmi wrote:

[QUOTE=Vamino]

I really wanted to have a go of the Enduro Racer but this dodgy geezer was hogging the machine all day!  LOL

@iamjimmi lol your pic playing Enduro Racer is on my restore thread so YES YOU DID GET A GO !

I will admit... there was about 20 minutes where i didnt get off the machine but there were two reasons. 1, somebody called GOD had put a really high score up and i was determined to replace that with FAS and 2, i suddenly really enjoyed playing it, that sounds odd but i have spent so much time fixing it up and not playing it, i made progress each game and with people watching fueled me on and i did beat GODs score!

Wow what a weekend I have had, my first revival and my first pledge of a cab.
 Thanks to Craig and his team for such a successful job I enjoyed this whole new experience. Thanks to everyone that looked after me and took such great care handling the Enduro Racer in and out the building, Flinnster, Chuckie egg, smarty, rcantor77 it  went so smoothly. I know I went on about it perhaps a little too much on the day, I was just so full of it and so proud to be there, so many faces I hadn’t met before that came up to me and shook my hand. I got such a buzz seeing the Enduro Racer mixed in with all the other machines, doing what it does best, It had come home so to speak,

I also played Sheriff  too and really enjoyed it, it was my favorite game of the show. I thought it was going to be too tricky with to rotating controls but after a minute or two i felt like a pro and did what i thought was really well. very rewarding and quirky game and its condition...WOW

Next Favorite for me and Finley was Ballon Fight, we had such a laugh together. I really want a red tent with that game on. Next was the game cube link up, spent ages on that with Finley and Shun what a fun time. Wanted more time on Daytona, had one game but it often had people on it. I'm gonna try and get hold of one to. Was that one restored? looked in great shape? and bomb jack Finley had been practising at home and got like 240000 on it or something, then boom some one got well over 500000 on it and he gave up :( lovely cab

one of smartys favourites he told me.

Please delete if anyone is unhappy with their photo on here, just we all had such a good time.

One of my favorite pictures. Alex and Finley. Fin has asked to watch some more of his videos now.

Love this guy too. gonna watch more of him and his sons videos while starting my next cab ;)

Me and my arcade buddy shun after a few pints.

Edited by blazerfrazer - 10 hours 8 minutes ago at 11:52am
Wanted Zenitone Deal Em
Electrocoin Diamond derby
Electrocoin Random replay
rcantor77 View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members
Candy Kid

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rcantor77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 hours 1 minutes ago at 11:59am
Another amazing event... so great to see so many new and old faces and a shame it had to end.

Flinnster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flinnster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8 hours 60 minutes ago at 1:00pm
^^^ Photo above.. I didn't blow it up Smarty, honest!! Shocked LOL

Wanted: - PCBs: Rainbow Islands, Rolling Thunder, Original Wonderboy PCB
- Parts needed: Naomi non-swivel castor / wheel, coin mech metal clip for Dino King Door
virtvic View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members
The Cabaret King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote virtvic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7 hours 14 minutes ago at 2:46pm
Did anyone pickup my grey degaussing wand?

IGNORE - my mate Martin had it in his cab (I actually put it there and forgot about it Embarrassed)

Edited by virtvic - 7 hours 1 minutes ago at 2:59pm
THE PENCE IS MIGHTIER THAN THE SWORD!

Check out the podcast

http://tenpencearcade.co.uk
Outrun2 View Drop Down
Colonel Outrun

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Outrun2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6 hours 29 minutes ago at 3:31pm
Looks like a great day had by all - would loved to have been able to make it and meet a few people.  Not to be sadly.

Is that vamino with the bonnet open on his Ferrari?  Can't help tinkering eh, Ian? Wink LOL

Hope all cabs survived to fight another day - some of them old 'uns will need a rest after all that action.. and yes, I do mean the cabs! Tongue LOL
Would like:
No more cabs.. please!!
rcantor77 View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members
Candy Kid

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rcantor77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6 hours 26 minutes ago at 3:34pm
Originally posted by blazerfrazer blazerfrazer wrote:

and bomb jack Finley had been practising at home and got like 240000 on it or something, then boom some one got well over 500000 on it and he gave up :( lovely cab

Oops, tell him sorry mate... that was me. Perhaps I shouldn't have been playing on my own cab... 

robotech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robotech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1 hour 53 minutes ago at 8:07pm
Originally posted by Outrun2 Outrun2 wrote:

Looks like a great day had by all - would loved to have been able to make it and meet a few people.  Not to be sadly.

Is that vamino with the bonnet open on his Ferrari?  Can't help tinkering eh, Ian? Wink LOL

Hope all cabs survived to fight another day - some of them old 'uns will need a rest after all that action.. and yes, I do mean the cabs! Tongue LOL

No that was me with the f355 dash out ian was proberbly round the back of the cab
A dodgy extension lead caused the daytona and f355 to turn off mid game

Sadly the f355 lost a drive board and servo board the steering pot was also suspect so we changed it
Proberbly when the photo was taken

Fun being an arcade tech for the day :)
"Gentlemen start your engines"
iamjimmi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iamjimmi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 57 minutes ago at 8:32pm
Originally posted by rcantor77 rcantor77 wrote:

Originally posted by blazerfrazer blazerfrazer wrote:

and bomb jack Finley had been practising at home and got like 240000 on it or something, then boom some one got well over 500000 on it and he gave up :( lovely cab

Oops, tell him sorry mate... that was me. Perhaps I shouldn't have been playing on my own cab... 

240,000 was a very respectable score - the difficulty level was set high on that machine!

Rcantor - loved your Bomb Jack and its buddy... Vic's QBert
Vamino View Drop Down

3 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vamino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 minutes ago at 9:13pm
Originally posted by Outrun2 Outrun2 wrote:

Yeah that's me tinkering mate, you can actually see part of me underneath Shane's RH arm.
After I realised I needed some bits I drove home like I stole a Ferrari so I could get back quickly. LOL

As Shane said, there was a power surge which took out the drive and servo boards, I also think it's affected the Type 2 I/O board too as when playing Outrun2 on Sunday the centering off the FFB was off and I couldn't make any adjustments. It was OK to play but I wasn't happy with the situation tbh.

The paddle shifters are nearly falling off now, the seat adjuster is broken and one of the topper plastics got cracked on the top edge somehow. Shane's Daytona also developed a FFB fault just at the end of the show, amazingly it seemed to happen when the last person was playing it just after the event closed!

These 2 sitdown drivers got cained all over the weekend though, and also at the after party/meal they were constantly being played. It was such a buzz seeing people enjoy them that it made all the effort worthwhile. Smile

Our cabs were not the only casualties though, a few other cabs developed faults which was unfortunate.
So lets take a moment of silence for those fallen heroes. Cry
Insert Coin[s]
Vamino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vamino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 minutes ago at 9:15pm
Originally posted by iamjimmi iamjimmi wrote:

Originally posted by Vamino Vamino wrote:

2 things stood out for me.

First it was such a pleasure to play what was the game of the 'Game Of The show' in my opinion.
The mammoth restoration effort getting it up and running, and the unique experience playing it.
What a difficult game though! It needs a lot of practice to get good at it for sure.
Thanks for bringing those 2 gems to the event guys. Thumbs Up

I'm sure I seen some kids crying because he was hogging the machine for so long! LOL

Insert Coin[s]
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
  Share Topic