ukVac.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Arcade > Meetings & Events
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - REVIVAL: Generation X 2018 - 19-20 May, Walsall
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

REVIVAL: Generation X 2018 - 19-20 May, Walsall - Event Date: 19 May 2018 - 20 May 2018

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Nilyash View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nilyash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2018 at 11:48pm
Yes and it was the first time I had played it! Great game
Phoenix_Z80 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phoenix_Z80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2018 at 11:03pm
Had a great time at Revival. Played some games for the first time this year, including Juno First, Mr Do and Q*bert. Looking forward to next year ??

Phoenix_Z80 (Blake)
Chuckie egg View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Nintendo Arcade

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chuckie egg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2018 at 11:21pm
Thank you all for such lovey comments about the event and my cabs.
It was a lot of hard work by everyone involved.
I shall up load a nice walk round video tomorrow thanking all.
Huge round of applause to Craig and his family for putting the community first.
tin View Drop Down

2 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

2 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2018 at 11:45pm
Bloody loved the Sheriff. TY for the massive effort.
This is your crew chief // Yeah, the course is really tough // But it's a beautiful day // So good luck!
simonden View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simonden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2018 at 11:51pm
Was a good day, I have some photos that i need to download from my phone, so will post them when i do.

Managed to pickup some console games at the various stalls as well as some decent good price PCBs from Galloping Ghosts for the bar.  Also picked up a wooden laser etched Sonic plaque to go in my workshop.

Loved playing the Enduro Racer, what a fantastic resto!

I also spent a good 5 minutes rolling over with laughter trying to play the South Park pin with Cartmen keep saying 'Butt Wipe' 
robotech View Drop Down

First Year of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robotech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2018 at 12:34am
Sherriff was awesome favourite game of the event for me and my son
the icb clone pollinator was cool too
"Deja Vu"
Fantazia2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fantazia2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2018 at 9:40am
Originally posted by tin tin wrote:

Bloody loved the Sheriff. TY for the massive effort.

Seconded

CharlieFar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CharlieFar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2018 at 1:09pm
It was a fantastic weekend. Thanks to all that made it happen. It must be an enormous effort.
Some highlights for me included Alex's Nintendo line-up (is that the most Nintendo cabs in one place?). Vic's Q*best Isis cab (played beautifully), and Chris CNP's Vextrex line-up.
Always great to meet up with fellow gamers.
neil1637 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neil1637 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2018 at 1:16pm
I really, really, really, really must go next year!!
Please visit my Arcade Diary Blog at https://neilsarcadediary.wordpress.com/

Grail search - blue Donkey kong upright.
smarty View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smarty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2018 at 1:44pm
Had a great weekend as mentioned by all, nice to catch up with old buddies and meet some new forum folk! Here's a few of my photos taken across the weekend.

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Off we go... Myself, Alex and Dave Flynn sharing the ride up to Walsall.

Dino fever. No they're not for sale and we can't 'just put them in the back of your car'... ;)
The Nintendo Arcade area.

Nice view from the event hall.

A well deserved beer on Friday Evening with the gang.

Place your bets, how long until the Asteroids stops working.

A few Cabarets.

the British IBM on stage Saturday afternoon.

Pinball Alley

Where the hell did Marty go to, he's an impostor...

Me topping the high score on SHO beginner courses....

Er... Mame on a Vectrex!!!

The Pacman master takes a break to play some T&F.

Edited by smarty - 25 May 2018 at 1:44pm
jumpnfire.com

MOST WANTED CABS:
Atari Pole Position Euro cab.
Retrojedi74 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Retrojedi74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2018 at 8:53pm
This was my second revival, went last year and loved it. Couldnt believe how much bigger it was this year. Loved The Nintendo Arcade section, Played Sheriff, sky skipper and the donkey Kong cabs. I couldn't believe the extra room which had all the other cabs in, played Q-Bert, Track and field, defender,robotron, crazy kong, operation wolf, enduro racer, and without a doubt playing moon patrol on the vectrex was class. Lovely meeting tenpence arcades Shaun Holley who I gave a nice bag goodies (biscuits obviously) . A massive well done to Craig and everyone involved at revival for a such a great day out and cannot wait until next year for which I'm definitely doing the whole weekend...
Turnarcades View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Turnarcades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2018 at 9:42pm
Sorry for the lack of posts and late final post on this thread; it’s just been the maddest few months and I’m not quite done (event-wise) for the Summer yet!

REVIVAL 2018 was our biggest ever event both in terms of floor space and attendance, at about 2100 over the weekend. It was a nightmare of organisation with so many late entries and plans changes, but all the effort seems worth it once the reviews come in! Feedback seems to be nearly all positive and we had the most impressive features on all fronts, even if I do say so myself.

Massive thanks to Al, Rog, Mart, Dave, Rich, and several other key VACcers who organised the transport, donated some of the best cabs we’ve ever had and to deal with the compromised load times/lift/parking distance we had dropped on us late in the game. Thanks also Andy for the huge Arcade Club contribution and the seemingly massive VAC presence. My list of thanks goes 200+ long so forgive me if I’ve missed the odd name off but most of you I thanked in person or Rog has mentioned already.

I’ve done a feedback video on YouTube for anyone who wants to hear about how I think it went, and there’s tons of videos and photos linked on Facebook for anyone who wants to check out anything they missed.

Time out now for me and the guys. Slight changes afoot for next year but as soon as we have the plans properly underway we will let you know!

Craig
Knuckle scrapes, Stanley cuts, glue gun burns and power tool injuries from the workshop since 2004
aeroflott View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members
A different league

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeroflott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2018 at 9:03pm
Did a write up of the event here if anyone's interested:

griffo83x View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote griffo83x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2018 at 9:56pm
Great event . had a great day out cant wait till next one 

i want that row of cabarets , bombjack looked mint on that monitor . Awesome !
wanted video wizard/ Ec midi / similar jamma cab :)
Flinnster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flinnster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2018 at 12:09am
Originally posted by griffo83x griffo83x wrote:

Great event . had a great day out cant wait till next one 

i want that row of cabarets , bombjack looked mint on that monitor . Awesome !

Was the sound working at that point? WinkTongue

Wanted: - PCBs: Rainbow Islands, Rolling Thunder, Original Wonderboy PCB
- Parts needed: Naomi non-swivel castor / wheel, coin mech metal clip for Dino King Door
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
  Share Topic