ukVac.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Arcade > Meetings & Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

REVIVAL: The Rivals 2017 - 20-21 May, Walsall

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robotech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2017 at 3:45pm
Yes that was me I would of come and had a chat with you if I knew you were close by

Your cab plays nice it was very popular on the day
What was it like getting it to the show ?

I would like to take some of my cabs to the next one for people to enjoy
SuperGoataku View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperGoataku Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2017 at 6:47pm
Was a great weekend, really enjoyed it.
I agree certain areas were packed and bottle necked at the busiest times on the Saturday, but it thinned out pretty quick mid afternoon.
Thought it was brilliant a mech game (ICB) was arguably the most popular cab there.
Thanks to all who contributed cabs and time for such a memorable event. 
I would also like to contribute next year, cant remember seeing a single cocktail?
The curry, beers and late night are taking their toll, i'm off to lie down.

cNp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cNp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2017 at 10:04pm
Back home from a weekend at Revival, had a great time catching up with people I knew already and new ones.

Definitely got busier on Saturday than I've seen the other event but it eased off when the Hosted talks started up and the new area for the talks was excellent.  Very pleased for Craig and the team though to get such good numbers through the doors, the event deserves the success and popularity.

I think, like many, the Ice Cold Beer, Fire Truck and Video Pinball were stars of the show for me... but plenty of other stuff to play too.  I really enjoyed the Dave Perry hosted chat and was good to see him don the bandana again to commentate on stage later on.

I have a bunch of iPhone pics too but these are the ones I took with my proper camera on the Saturday...

Wanted: SEGA Power Drift PCB, Arkanoid Upright
Bensonrad View Drop Down
STILL looking for an Outrun & Paperboy!

4 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

4 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bensonrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2017 at 10:36pm
Those are really good pictures, very professional.
Wanted: Super Pacman Bezel, Millipede Euro inner Bezel. Asteroids Cabaret Cab.
Always wanting Millipede/Paperboy/Super Pacman/Outrun/Taito 3 Layer Space Invader PCBs
tin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2017 at 11:06pm
Only the Sunday for me this year, I would not say it ever got too crowded, and the early entry meant we could have had a go on ICB and some of the other busier cabs, but I stupidly wondered around in a daze getting accustomed to the greatness before me as usual at these things :).

It was a great event again, only minor criticism I'd have is that it would have been nice to have some of the talks on the Sunday too. But that is a very minor gripe. I'll try and go both days next time :)

Very well worth it, and I am very appreciative of all of the team that put it together, a lot of which looked visibly knackered late on Sunday and presumably not relishing the tear-down. More power to you, I hope there are many more Revivals!

Edited by tin - 21 May 2017 at 11:07pm
This is your crew chief
Yeah, the course is really tough
But it's a beautiful day
So good luck!
cosine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cosine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 hours 32 minutes ago at 8:28pm
The teardown went un-nervingly well LOL We were waiting for something to go horribly wrong, but it never happened.
Safe to say that I'm knackered after the 5 hour drive, dealing with twats on the M6 and M73, then lugging the machines out of the van, but it was a great weekend. Smile
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my sanity the most.
Flinnster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flinnster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 hours 60 minutes ago at 10:00pm
Whole weekend went so fast. I missed half of the things I thought I'd get round to doing at some point! It was great to meet so many in person finally and tons highlights amongst it all. Still knackered... but happily so Thumbs Up

Wanted: - PCBs: Ordyne, Rainbow Islands, Bomb Jack, Rolling Thunder, Sky Kid
- Parts needed: Dino King castor wheel, coin mech metal clip/screw for Dino King Door
ben76 View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members
Hunts Spies

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ben76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 hours 37 minutes ago at 12:23am
Had a good time catching up with people... I only played one game... Rog's Mario pin as we got it running again... Bought loads of console sh*t had beer and except for the partial panic attack I had (due to the amount of people and the heat in the room) had a great time :)
Think my comedy highlight was helping put jb to bed at the hotel lol

Also the pie run was yet again a success :)

- Ben
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic