Forum Home Forum Home > Arcade > General Arcade Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Ridge racer high score entrys

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carvaletingpro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ridge racer high score entrys
    Posted: 01 Aug 2020 at 3:07pm
What level do I need to beat to slap my initials on a high score lap time. I've got the quickest lap time on novice, but can only guess that these must be in the later levels.

Below shows todays best, which has always been there

Edited by Carvaletingpro - 01 Aug 2020 at 3:08pm
K1ngarth3r View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote K1ngarth3r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2020 at 3:26pm
I think you have to beat the best lap time don't you? So the announcer says "It's a new record"
Most wanted PCB(s): Splatterhouse
Carvaletingpro View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carvaletingpro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2020 at 3:33pm
I've don't that on the novice course but nothing happens, maybe I need to up my game
K1ngarth3r View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote K1ngarth3r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2020 at 3:45pm
Try it on TT

Most wanted PCB(s): Splatterhouse
Sbdesign View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sbdesign Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2020 at 3:55pm
I don't know about ridge racer but on some games if you hit a car or a wall the lap is not counted
Got 99 problems - and arcades are every one!
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carvaletingpro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2020 at 9:35pm
Ref time trial, I need to up my game ive been on novice to long.

I'll keep an eye on hitting walls and other cars.

Brettster View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brettster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2020 at 9:45pm
Normal and Up I think it lets you enter your scores, you could reset them in the settings too if it has saved some from before

Looking for More Space!!
Smraedis View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smraedis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2020 at 10:29am
Yeah you have to do the hardest course, it's not too hard really.
ShinraArcade View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShinraArcade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2020 at 11:23am
At Arcade club last year my brother and I both put in high scores on Ridge Racer which I thought was surprising were fairly good but not great so this led me to believe that the scores must be resetting each day.

Anyway I thought (could be wrong) that you had to get a fastest race time and not just a lap time to enter your name... 
It's not a Waveform it's a craft from a Vertical Shmup!
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carvaletingpro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2020 at 7:19pm
OK so that confirms that at some point the laptimes get reset by the system.

I've got novice down to a tee, and its forgotten my 1minute 9 lap time and now shows a 1 minute 11.
I cant find anything in the manual about highscores.
jasonm737 View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jasonm737 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2020 at 8:06pm
RR timing for the perfect lap brings back memories. Cant help with how you’re not getting your name in but can be nostalgic. This takes me back to Glasgow Barrowlands Amiga/ps1 stall in the 90s. RR came out in Japan on the new PS1 (showing age). We all spent weeks getting better and shaving seconds off the times and getting the new cars. From the final 2 cars of the white then black car. All feeling pretty smug in the black car then a customer came in and said i bet i can beat all of u. Loved his enthusiasm and thought nope but chucked over controller. Killed us all by not sliding round the corner on ps1. Black car could hit the outside breeze blocks and it did a whoosh sound to show u that you’d done it right. Such a great game and so many positive memories around that time. I’ll gloss over the Rave Racer that went on fire in my garage though. What a game!

Edited by jasonm737 - 02 Aug 2020 at 8:07pm
Wanted:Outrun, Rave Racer, Virtua Cop 2, HOTD...and dreaming: G-LOC R360(Don't have the space but if I can afford one then it means I've won the Lotto so I'll just buy a bigger house)
paulcan69 View Drop Down
User
User
Can reburn OTP EPROMs! Fear my power!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulcan69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2020 at 9:36pm
Rr1 and 2 reset on startup
Rave and ace save scores
Arcade Otaku name: paulcan69

ebay name: paulcan2
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic