Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > Plan B
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Forum LockedS2650 Fluke Adapter PCB

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Senior Members
Senior Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Macro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: S2650 Fluke Adapter PCB
    Posted: 07 May 2014 at 12:44am
I've been asked for one of these - it's a PCB to implement the circuit shown in one of the Fluke magazines that lets you use a Z80 pod on an S2650 based UUT.

It works for such things as bus tests, ram and rom + writing to memory locations, and if I remember the article also tells you how to use it to do some other things (although I've never needed them, so couldn't tell you off hand)

it will not do RUN UUT (of course), since it's a totally different processor

basically, you stick PCB pins, or a wirewrap socket where the S2650 CPU is marked, and that lets you plug it into the S2650 based board. The Fluke z80 fits into the other socket and the 4 TTL chips and bits do the necessary logic conversion so that read/write/IO/Interrupts etc all work.

I'll order a few spares when I place the order, so if you would like one, let me know!

It is a bit bigger that the RGB PCB, so I would expect them to be around £8 posted in the UK each.

Edited by Macro - 12 May 2014 at 10:14pm
guddler View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Busting vectors like it's 1982!

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2014 at 10:10am
Works well. You did me one years ago
Equites View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members
Chief Sheesher®

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Equites Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2014 at 11:11am
I could use one, handy for stuff like Zac Invaders.
Macro View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Macro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2014 at 9:01pm
I've ordered the PCB's, so should be here in about 3 weeks or so

Equites, I'll put you on the list!
porchy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote porchy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2014 at 9:16pm
Am I too late for this?
If not stick me down for one too.
Thanks
Macro View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Macro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2014 at 10:15pm
no problem, will add you to the list.

n.b. this is just for the PCB - but all you need add is a 40 pin socket, a wirewrap socket or pcb pins and 4 ttl chips.

I better dig the article out so you all know what to put where when I get the PCB's !!

Setch View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
The nice admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Setch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2014 at 8:03pm
Put me down for one too
Wanted:
Model 2 Video Board, Model 3 Racing ROM Boards.
Red Sega Sitdown Plastics
adrian purser View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adrian purser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2014 at 8:12pm
If I'm not too late then I would like one also. Thanks.
Macro View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Macro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2014 at 10:53pm
I've ordered 10 of them this time, and can easily order more, so all added to list

david_orton_2000 View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members
Green Mario

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote david_orton_2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2014 at 10:54am
Hi Mike,

Sure...yes please!
:-)

Cheers,
DaveO.

Macro View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Macro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2014 at 8:21pm
PCB's arrived today Big smile

so have just sent PM's to all who had expressed an interest.

Still have some spare if you wanted to add yourself to the list.
Equites View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members
Chief Sheesher®

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Equites Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2014 at 10:03pm
Payment sent.
Macro View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Macro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2014 at 1:36pm
For the people that I have sent PCB's to, here is the information about the PCB and what chips you need to solder in to turn it into the complete article.

Click Here

There is a link from that page to the original article in the fluke magazine

so, another project to think about (since I cannot get a 6809 pod) - I wonder if you could perform the same trick so you could use a Z80 pod on a 6809 PCB ?

it would need to have the option of generating the clock which makes it a little more complex, but the principle should be similar, remapping z80 reads / writes to 6809 control line settings

porchy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote porchy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2014 at 1:45pm
The 6809 idea would be great. Been after the pod for a while now but given up hope of getting one for a semi reasonable price.
Macro View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Macro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2014 at 3:24pm
Well, it has a lot in common with the 6800 / 6502, so they would probably be the pods to use as the start point. The biggest problem(s) would be the 4 x clock , the output clocks Q and E and the 3 IRQ's instead of 2

The clock could be divided by 4 externally, IRQ and FIRQ could be connected with OR gates just so the pod recognises the interrupt line(s), but if the external circuit uses Q or E (or even BA and BS) then that could present problems - need to check some schematics and see if arcade boards bothered to use it.

otherwise, it all looks possible
Equites View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members
Chief Sheesher®

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Equites Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2014 at 2:56pm
Goy my PCB today thanks.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic