ukVac.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Arcade > High Scores
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Scramble

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
tb lilley View Drop Down
5 Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tb lilley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Scramble
    Posted: 12 Sep 2014 at 11:01pm

Anyone play much Scramble?

Broke out the Scramble board last night.

"How Far Can You Invade Our Scramble System?".
Quite a way as it happens:

Reckon I can push that score a fair bit higher.

Edited by Muerto - 28 Sep 2014 at 10:20am
It's only original once.
Pacman83 View Drop Down
The Pac-Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2014 at 11:35pm
Nice score mate Wink
Perfect Pac Man - Arcade - Freehand - Winter Gardens, UK - 22/08/15
tb lilley View Drop Down
5 Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tb lilley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2014 at 11:37pm
It's a start Jon. It's a start. Cab is dodgy as f**k mind you.
giantkeeling View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote giantkeeling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2014 at 11:42pm
In the 80's, my best score was 363,840. I've got it on Xbox, where it has an online scoreboard. The best i've managed so far is about 220,00, which according to their scoreboard, puts me at 7th best in the world!
Pacman83 View Drop Down
The Pac-Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2014 at 12:12am
Originally posted by tb lilley tb lilley wrote:

LOL
Fuzzy View Drop Down

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fuzzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2014 at 8:29am
I love Scramble, yet to score 100k, though.

I always lose my lives on the 4th part of the stage (with the high walls) - any tips to get past this would be much appreciated! Big smile
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Please Register!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2014 at 10:08am

Why don't you restore it James?! Wink

Nice score though, tough game!
pooman2084 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pooman2084 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2014 at 11:46am
Originally posted by Fuzzy Fuzzy wrote:

I always lose my lives on the 4th part of the stage (with the high walls) - any tips to get past this would be much appreciated! Big smile

I finished it for the first time yesterday.

On the high wall stage you need to go as far forward as you can wherever possible then kind of go back diagonal whenever you have to negotiate a tight turn. As soon as you've cleared the particular turn then get forward again.

Rinse and repeat.

The last stage is a bit odd. It just loops with one ground target to hit. I ended up accidentally kamikazeing it in the end, but it counted....!

Edited by pooman2084 - 13 Sep 2014 at 11:46am
Fuzzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fuzzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2014 at 12:01pm
Originally posted by pooman2084 pooman2084 wrote:

Originally posted by Fuzzy Fuzzy wrote:

I finished it for the first time yesterday.

On the high wall stage you need to go as far forward as you can wherever possible then kind of go back diagonal whenever you have to negotiate a tight turn. As soon as you've cleared the particular turn then get forward again.

Rinse and repeat.

The last stage is a bit odd. It just loops with one ground target to hit. I ended up accidentally kamikazeing it in the end, but it counted....!

Thanks Lloyd, I can do that bit, it's the bit just before that with the very high walls/buildings and loads of missiles - they always get me!

Edited by Fuzzy - 13 Sep 2014 at 12:03pm
Pacman83 View Drop Down
The Pac-Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2014 at 8:01pm
Originally posted by PAC-MAN PAC-MAN wrote:

LOL

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Please Register!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2014 at 8:07pm
Originally posted by Pacman83 Pacman83 wrote:

Originally posted by PAC-MAN PAC-MAN wrote:

LOL

LOLLOLThumbs Up
tb lilley View Drop Down
5 Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tb lilley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2014 at 10:10pm
Yeah, a resto may be in order. Looks like all the previous owner did was wipe a wet rag over it and call it job done.

Anyway. Saturday night. Cold beer. Bit of Scramble lands a cool 306k:

Reckon I could have got more - but at about the 100k mark my mrs decided I'd not been nagged enough during the course of the day so came to find me and dolloped out a decent moan. Tsk.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Please Register!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2014 at 10:16pm

Anyway. Saturday night. Cold beer. Bit of Scramble lands a cool 306k:

Reckon I could have got more - but at about the 100k mark my mrs decided I'd not been nagged enough during the course of the day so came to find me and dolloped out a decent moan. Tsk.

Sounds like the perfect evening until the mrs rudely and also disgracefully interrupted a decent sesh!

Great scoring!
giantkeeling View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote giantkeeling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2014 at 10:16pm
Nice score! As a kid i always struggled to find a scramble with a decent joystick. You need a good joystick to get through the 'maze' at the end. I don't ever remember playing an official cab, i think every Scramble i played was a bootleg. The one i got my best score on had a ship like the one in Defender.
tb lilley View Drop Down
5 Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tb lilley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2014 at 10:34pm
The joystick on mine is ropey (like the rest of the cab really). But I can play around it. As you say, maze is where it counts. I have to let go of the stick, then grab it again to change direction.
Pacman83 View Drop Down
The Pac-Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2014 at 11:40pm

The joystick on mine is ropey (like the rest of the cab really). But I can play around it. As you say, maze is where it counts. I have to let go of the stick, then grab it again to change direction.

david_orton_2000 View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members
Green Mario

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote david_orton_2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2014 at 4:29pm
Wow!  Some big scramble scores there...just a cool iconic game.
Must try to finish it...I get past the diagonal back manoeuvre then crash into the walls further on...practice practice I guess.
virtvic View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members
Chizels 4 life!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote virtvic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2014 at 5:11pm
James has lightning wrists!

How many loops, old bean?
THE PENCE IS MIGHTIER THAN THE SWORD!

Check out the podcast

http://tenpencearcade.co.uk
tb lilley View Drop Down
5 Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tb lilley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2014 at 5:22pm
Not sure how many loops. Think I average about 22k a loop, so that'd be about 14 I reckon.
Jase View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2014 at 1:23pm
You can kamikaze the base as you get another life. I usually bomb it ok but crash on exit! Cool game.
Astro Blaster, Track & Field, Asteroids Deluxe, Gyruss, Berzerk, Gorf, PacMan, Qix, Space Invaders part II, Moon Cresta, Moon Shuttle, Joust, Defender, Dig Dug, Tempest, Nintendo PC-10 (MAMEd)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic