Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > Artwork and Restorations
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Sega Manx TT spit and polish

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote s18dav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sega Manx TT spit and polish
    Posted: 17 Jul 2018 at 11:41am
Not really a resto project as it did not require to much but i had fun doing it.
After a chance convo with a arcade operator i was lead to a dark warehouse and found this little beauty under a dust wrap along with a few other nineties machines, no classics but for me this was one i played alot as a kid...So me and the father in law wheeled her out into the light and she did look a bit sorry for herself and after giving so many kids and adults fun for over a decade i kinda felt sorry for her.
The op said she worked before being stored but could not guarantee she would again as its been years the machine had been sitting back there, and there was no local power so could not even test, so i negotiated a very reasonable price for her came back 2 days later and took her away.
Got her home dusted all the boards off connected everything up and it started up first time everything working apart from the rear lights and no the elusive subwoofer exhausts where gone.
So a bit of spit and polish a few cans of paint hours of time and some new bulbs and some chasing down of a few wiring problems she runs better than ever giving hours of fun again especially to the adults who always say " god i remember this game down on the pier".

s18dav View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote s18dav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2018 at 11:44am
s18dav View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote s18dav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2018 at 11:48am
s18dav View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote s18dav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2018 at 11:51am
Flinnster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flinnster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2018 at 11:52am
Very nice! Lots of epic motorbike game restores recently ;)

Wanted: - PCBs: Rainbow Islands, Rolling Thunder, Original Wonderboy PCB
- Parts needed: Naomi non-swivel castor / wheel, coin mech metal clip for Dino King Door
s18dav View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote s18dav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2018 at 11:55am
s18dav View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote s18dav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2018 at 12:13pm
whitecomet View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitecomet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2018 at 12:17pm
Great clean up..... are you not putting a new sticker kit on it? like the bike decals and IOM/michelin base stickers?
patloz View Drop Down

4 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patloz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2018 at 7:29pm
I have the course map that goes between the monitors if you want images of it and do Olly's head in by asking him to make you one up on his  Perspex printer as the Perspex is a mauve colour :)
s18dav View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote s18dav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2018 at 8:28am
Thanks Paltoz may take you up on that...appreciated

No I did attempt to source some original bike stickers from Olly but could only find an original set of bike decals located in the USA
So I did some research and found that the Honda fireblade was a popular bike used at the TT on the Isle of Man so got some proper Bike decals and uses them.

patloz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patloz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2018 at 10:56am
I painted mine in Kawasaki green like the ZX-7R and wanted the other in the more complicated OWO1 Yamaha but my body shop bloke threw a fit so its in R1 blue instead.

I am getting period race stickers and number boards made when i get time, let me know if you want some .

I have lots of cab spares for the Manx TT  but not much for the bikes but can send you scans of the handle bar "suspension tops" and the Sega brake fluid cover if you need them.

Dont snap the brake levers off, I had to replace one and it was a nightmare.

I gave up trying to sand down the frames when I tried to refurb mine, will end up shot blasting them at some point as the paint is rubbish and has light corrosion pretty much all under the paint.

Both my bikes have exhausts too which is a real rarity, I have no idea why most bikes have them missing.
K1ngarth3r View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote K1ngarth3r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2018 at 11:03am
Nice to see pictures of it near the fairground and then back at your place to do the tidy up. You've done a great job tidying it up!
s18dav View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote s18dav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2018 at 10:58pm
Thanks for the comments everyone

Appreciated

s18dav View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote s18dav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2018 at 11:07pm
Thanks for the offer Patloz may take u up on
That offer.
I think the reason the exhausts are often missing
Is that they are probably a bit fragile and easily
broken by overzealous kids ..lol
tin View Drop Down

2 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

2 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2018 at 6:05pm
That is excellent, I have a twin as well, stopped past an initial cleanup, this spurs me on to do some more! Very nice!!
This is your crew chief // Yeah, the course is really tough // But it's a beautiful day // So good luck!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic