ukVac.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > Artwork and Restorations
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Sega OutRun2 Japanese Single

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote griffo83x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2016 at 5:22pm
hey gary

have you thought about trying to polish out that damage on the topper

not sure if would work , but get some wet and dry sand paper when its wet take of the worst  off and then get something to fit in a drill or grinder with a polishing head on it like what they use to mop the paint on a car see if it will polish out , just a thought :)
wanted video wizard/ Ec midi / similar jamma cab :)
terminator2k2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote terminator2k2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2016 at 5:25pm
Originally posted by griffo83x griffo83x wrote:

hey gary

have you thought about trying to polish out that damage on the topper

not sure if would work , but get some wet and dry sand paper when its wet take of the worst  off and then get something to fit in a drill or grinder with a polishing head on it like what they use to mop the paint on a car see if it will polish out , just a thought :)

that's what I would try, but wouldn't do too much rubbing down...mainly polishing it would do it wonders....it wouldn't get rid of it...but wouldn't make it such an eye sore....
Vamino View Drop Down

3 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vamino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2016 at 7:52pm
Originally posted by muddymusic muddymusic wrote:

Originally posted by Vamino Vamino wrote:

Or just buy the next Jp OR2 cab for the topper.

That sounds just like the sort of thing he might do

I was gonna put a sarkey smiley after the above comment, but then thought no, knowing Gary he would probably actually do it! LOL

Insert Coin[s]
stegrey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stegrey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2016 at 8:00pm
really made up you got this from me gary just gutted that it got damaged on the way :(
*SMG*
Wanted: Cabs: Paperboy,Super hang on, Daytona sitdown (plastic panel)

Outrun2 View Drop Down
Colonel Outrun

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Outrun2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2016 at 10:31pm
Originally posted by stegrey stegrey wrote:

really made up you got this from me gary just gutted that it got damaged on the way :(

Thanks mate, I'll do my best to get the cab looking minty - just a shame you didn't get the chance to do it yourself

I was surprised to see the cab wrapped when it arrived - you did a great job so could have been worse if you hadn't been so careful with it.

..and yes Olly/Ian, of course I will be after another OR2 Japanese cab despite what it says in my sig!!

This is where you step in and restrain me, not encourage me!!

Edited by Outrun2 - 02 Sep 2017 at 1:01pm
Would like:
No more cabs.. please!!
Brettster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brettster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2016 at 12:51am
Looking forward to seeing how this goes :)
Got my cab today from Martin too
Looking for More Space!!
Outrun2 View Drop Down
Colonel Outrun

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Outrun2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2016 at 6:22pm
Updated third post to announce great news on the monitor Cool
Would like:
No more cabs.. please!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote terminator2k2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2016 at 6:42pm
great stuff, at least ive come in handy for something lol
paulie View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2016 at 7:14pm
Nice work!
slowcade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slowcade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2016 at 7:48pm
Congratulations! The picture is looking great!
Brettster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brettster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2016 at 8:21pm
PF Monitors are super nice
Also going to check the screws on my monitor too, nice tips
Looking for More Space!!
Outrun2 View Drop Down
Colonel Outrun

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Outrun2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2016 at 9:37pm
Originally posted by terminator2k2 terminator2k2 wrote:

great stuff, at least ive come in handy for something lol

I don't understand it, but it seems to have worked.  Why would they be removed? Why does it make a difference? Maybe it's just coincidence?

Either way, it's a good example of why it's useful to have these sorts of threads on here - you never know when some other sad loser might be struggling with the same problem LOL

Hopefully monitor woes are over now, so I can move on to tarting the cab up a bit - where's my box of NOS goodies.. Wink
Would like:
No more cabs.. please!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote terminator2k2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2016 at 10:01pm
there could be something similar to these earthing contacts on the underside of the pcb...I never took mine out to check...which when screwed down earths that part of the circuit.....but from experience these are normaly wired to the earth of the chassis any way via the pcb traces....

yours from the pics looks like it screws into the plastic only....which wouldn't make sense at all any way.....these things are meant to try us I guess haha....at least your up and running
Vamino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vamino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2016 at 10:42pm
Good job Gary. Thumbs Up

The worst niggles are random monitor or sound interference. I've got a Tosh PF tube and NOS Rodotron chassis to play with but I'm not expecting miracles from the chassis tbh. If it's close to the Sanwa PFX then I'll be happy, otherwise I'll have to track down a Nanao Chassis.
Insert Coin[s]
stegrey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stegrey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2016 at 10:44pm
nice work gary ! i cant wait till my dad can have a look at my cab again least i know the wobble can be sorted! this thread is going to be so helpful :D
*SMG*
Wanted: Cabs: Paperboy,Super hang on, Daytona sitdown (plastic panel)

jase38 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jase38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2016 at 9:54am
Awesome stuff. Glad your well on your way to sorting the monitor issues, you must be well chuffed.  These monitors are lovely, one of the nicest I've seen. :)
Outrun2 View Drop Down
Colonel Outrun

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Outrun2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2016 at 9:18pm
Ok, looks like I was a bit.. errrmm.. premature

The interference on the picture is back and it seems to be linked to a focus problem because that's back as well. The image is going randomly in and out of focus slightly. Twiddled the focus pot and it seemed to help - picture remained stable, but then the problem came back after the cab was fired up again a few hours later.

Must have inadvertently solved it last time by adjusting the focus pot as I did that at the same time as screwing the chassis down. The focus pot is turned up to the max..

Does this sound like something is on the way out? When it's good it's great but when the problem is there the clarity comes and goes and you get the flashing pixels/interference.
Would like:
No more cabs.. please!!
Brettster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brettster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2016 at 10:52pm
Have a word with gunblade, maybe needs a recap or at least some of his magic to make it awesome again :)
Looking for More Space!!
paulie View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2016 at 11:48pm
:( Hope you get it sorted mate.
Vamino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vamino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2016 at 12:26am
Dunno what to suggest mate, apart from what Brettster suggests and see what Grant says.

I've also got a knackered Nanao PF chassis without a remote board that needs sorting but dunno if it's something Grant can do.

Hope you get to the bottom of the problem mate.
Insert Coin[s]
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
  Share Topic