Forum Home Forum Home > Trading Post > Auctions & Ebay Stuff
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Sega Rally 2 cab 179.95 BIN

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vamino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sega Rally 2 cab 179.95 BIN
    Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 7:31pm

If I had the space I would have bought this, it does seem to be missing the steering wheel.
Bargain if you ask me.

Insert Coin[s]
bonehead View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members
Call me jamma jim

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bonehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 7:47pm
If it’s missing the steering wheel is the steering shaft intact?
Always looking for a bargain.
Wanted., bezerk, mad planets.
patloz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patloz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2019 at 12:26am
The bolts securing the base over the PCB cage etc are also missing so expect it to be minus the hardware.
muddymusic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Repro Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muddymusic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2019 at 8:53am
These guys have been selling lots of driver cabs, the other half of this was up last week. All of them have been missing major parts so I wouldn't hold out much hope for the internals being there.
Repro Arcade Artwork supplier, pm me or visit arcadeartshop.com
big10p View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big10p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2019 at 9:11am
Exactly. If the wheel is missing, that rings a pretty big alarm bell.
WANTED: Sega Cash Cube CP end plate. Click me for details!
lix View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2019 at 9:39am
Looks like mold on the seat and the straps, I'de not be surprised if they've been stored in damp for a while. The steering wheels usually get pretty bad for mold so I guess that's why it's been removed.

Pretty much the only thing worth it for spares will be the tube, and that's an unknown quantity until you can get it powered up. I would have stuck a low ball offer in as it's in my locality, but I'de be better off reserving my remaining space for more worthy projects.
Kev A View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kev A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2019 at 9:40am
Problem is a working PCB will be over £300, looks like the steering shaft is there though, so may have the ffb stuff still there. But I cant see anyone getting it up and running for less than £600 unless they already have spares, and model 3 is a pain/impossible to interface with a PC if you go the mame route.

I think the touring cars would be a better bet, it looks more complete, and cheaper to get the PCB to get it going, also should be pin compatible with indy 500 which is a much better game.
bonehead View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members
Call me jamma jim

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bonehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2019 at 10:16am
I have touring car pcbs which should be working . I can probably test in a week or so.
Always looking for a bargain.
Wanted., bezerk, mad planets.
Vamino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vamino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2019 at 10:48am
I'll get me coat! LOL

I did do a search for previous auctions but didn't see any other cabs sold. The steering wheel missing doesn't ring alarm bells for me though, I can see an OR2 in the background so was thinking it may have been nicked to use on another cab.

I asked the seller to raise the base and remove the footplate and take some pics, he replied this morning and said he won't be with the machine for a week but will take some pics if it hasn't sold by then.

I don't know the history of this seller, but having first hand experience of buying a gubbed Daytona2 twin from an OP in the past I know how expensive it can be getting something back up and running. I have a soft spot for SR2 and it's usually not a cheap cab to find in decent condition, I still think the price isn't too bad, but then again I'm biased and have most of the spares to get something like this back up and running.

But on the upside, the yellow straps should come up nice after sticking in the washing machine! LOL
Insert Coin[s]
Kev A View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kev A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2019 at 10:56am
To be fair, if you had a working cab with damaged plastics it would be a pretty good deal, if the monitor works its probably worth the price just for that.
acidburn View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acidburn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2019 at 11:51am
Originally posted by Vamino Vamino wrote:

I'll get me coat! LOL

No don't mate. It's actually a nice find.

I think you're all missing out on what is here. Sure it's dirty and missing the internals *but* for £180... a little TLC (replacement wheel + parts easy to come by) stick a PC in there and you'd have a very nice and enjoyable working driver cab for not much coin.

A nice little project.
10 PRINT "BOOBS"
20 GOTO 10
RUN
SamCyberJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamCyberJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2019 at 1:38am
I brought a rally and touring from this guy both work just need wheel and steering for rally and updated the touring psu
Kev A View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kev A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2019 at 9:01am
Sweet! that's a bargain right there matey, what parts are you missing?

If you want to broaden your search a bit, SR2 and Daytona 2 steering assembly's are compatible, just need to swap a Rom on the drive board, but they are only a few quid.

Edited by Kev A - 25 Feb 2019 at 9:27am
SamCyberJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamCyberJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2019 at 10:41am
Just need a steering setup for the rally 2 but cant seem to find anyware

Also in regards to the PSU whats the best switching PSU to use and wire up myself
whitecomet View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitecomet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2019 at 10:55am
once you collected the cabinets get some pictures up on here... be nice to see what you got and whats missing.
patloz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patloz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2019 at 10:59am
Originally posted by SamCyberJ SamCyberJ wrote:

Just need a steering setup for the rally 2 but cant seem to find anyware

Also in regards to the PSU whats the best switching PSU to use and wire up myself

I have some Touring car and Manx TT PSU units, send me a picture / part number of yours and will see if I have compatible unit you can have.

SamCyberJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamCyberJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2019 at 11:10am
Here couple photo the tourning works fine after PSU chanage the rally works all but not sterring and dead monitor but pluging into another works fine no glitches

Edited by SamCyberJ - 25 Feb 2019 at 11:35am
Kev A View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kev A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2019 at 11:26am
It says we need permission to access the pics
SamCyberJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamCyberJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2019 at 11:35am
This should work

https://drive.google.com/a/cyberjamgamingile/d/1o5MsOVfR_MKTcHvAKs9q2cUZ4qeV9iEY/viewusp=drivesdk

https://drive.google.com/a/cyberjamgamingile/d/1vl3hb_GY22zeDbGkPrT_fgklzapZr_t2/viewusp=drivesdk

https://drive.google.com/a/cyberjamgamingile/d/1qwHG6_CPqdxc-zcOufYiVv97F1NxcR0J/viewusp=drivesdk

Edited by SamCyberJ - 25 Feb 2019 at 11:37am
whitecomet View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitecomet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2019 at 11:37am
nope nothing for me...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic