Skin:

Sega Rally

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hurray Banana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sega Rally
    Posted: 27 Dec 2014 at 9:39pm

Hi everyone, finally sorted got me Sega Rally setup and monitor sorted which was giving me green bleed problems. Did a little twitch test to see if I could get the webcam rigged up ok for this (I haven't yet)

My voice sounds really loud because the camera is right above my head will need to adjust ingestion levels on microphone next time.

it's here if you're interested, still need a lot of practice Embarrassed

the YT video is here (when the twitch stream has finished being processed by YT - it's currently not working directly here - here's a link to the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbZ_EiPe8mk)

Edited by Muerto - 19 Feb 2015 at 10:52am
Smraedis View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smraedis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2015 at 8:46pm
Nice work on this, anything under 3:25 is great! Really like how you do some of the turns on the Forest stage.
I use gear 2 on most of the turns on the Mountain stage, which I find works a lot better than 3rd gear.
Hurray Banana View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hurray Banana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2015 at 9:29pm
Originally posted by Smraedis Smraedis wrote:

Nice work on this, anything under 3:25 is great! Really like how you do some of the turns on the Forest stage.
I use gear 2 on most of the turns on the Mountain stage, which I find works a lot better than 3rd gear.

Cheers mate, a few corners are still getting me I can do better than this but I'm struggling to tie three good laps together. Still struggling with Lakeside tho' I did do a 1:12 yesterday on that.
Smraedis View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smraedis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2015 at 6:14pm
Oh I know some turns are a pain to get right, just got to try things out and see if they work really.
Here's a video I did some time on the PS2 port, getting 3:22:82 http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Sz1c2GnIyY I wanted to get 3:20 or less but I'd have to be really lucky to get that low.
Have never really bothered with the Lakeside course as it doesn't affect your scores.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hurray Banana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2015 at 10:00pm
Just managed a 3:23.78 race, still a long way to go

YT here

full play here

Just watched your vid steven, those enemy cars are placed a lot different on that version and go a lot slower, don't get in your way as much as the real one it would seem. Used to be able to get under 3:23 on the Saturn version. Want to keep practicing.
Gaming Heaven View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaming Heaven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2015 at 10:36pm
great driving

you are way better than me, I need to practise!

BristolMartin View Drop Down

4 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BristolMartin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2015 at 8:56am
Nice. Ive always considered myself the sega rally king but have no idea of my tomes. Ill pop to the barn after autosport and have a play and a video :).
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hurray Banana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2015 at 8:58am
Originally posted by BristolMartin BristolMartin wrote:

Nice. Ive always considered myself the sega rally king but have no idea of my tomes. Ill pop to the barn after autosport and have a play and a video :).

I'd be interested to know what others are capable of on actual hardware. I'm really getting into this, played it to death on the saturn, but not much in arcades. I do find it quite knackering fighting the feedback, but that might be because my drive board isn't working properlySmile
BristolMartin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BristolMartin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2015 at 10:29am
Ahh didn't realize it was AM2EMU. I have that setup too on my rig so Ill do it on there. Nice and easy and warmer for me too!
Smraedis View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smraedis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2015 at 11:46am
I did a 3:22 at play expo and it crashed shortly after and lost the score. Got a pic of it though.
I find the cars behave differently on different settings on the arcade version, they can be a pain.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hurray Banana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2015 at 1:43pm
Originally posted by BristolMartin BristolMartin wrote:

Ahh didn't realize it was AM2EMU. I have that setup too on my rig so Ill do it on there. Nice and easy and warmer for me too!

Martin I'm running actual hardware here, what I mean't was I'd be interested to see other hardware based scores.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hurray Banana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2015 at 1:44pm
Originally posted by Smraedis Smraedis wrote:

I did a 3:22 at play expo and it crashed shortly after and lost the score. Got a pic of it though.
I find the cars behave differently on different settings on the arcade version, they can be a pain.

Nice, I'm sure I can get down to those sort of times with a lot more practice. If only I wasn't so tired when I get home from workCry, find it difficult to concentrate.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Hurray Banana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2015 at 6:15pm
Managed another sub 3:24 game today, getting some corners really nice now, some I've still not got a groove for.

3:23.62

Here's the twitch highlight

YT 

Edited by Hurray Banana - 10 Jan 2015 at 6:15pm
Smraedis View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smraedis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2015 at 5:34pm
Yeah, just got to reduce the amount of mistakes per run, and somehow do turns with losing less speed, which is pretty difficult.
Have played the PS2 port a bit more today, getting 3:22 on every run but can't get any lower.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hurray Banana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2015 at 10:24am
Creeping towards a sub 3:23 now

Currently on 3:23.18

Edited by Hurray Banana - 17 Feb 2015 at 10:27am
Smraedis View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smraedis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2015 at 2:17pm
Trying out new things and finally got the 3:21. Would like to do it on a cab too

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hurray Banana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2015 at 2:55pm
that certainly gives me something to aim at.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hurray Banana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2015 at 9:17pm
Just managed 3:22:55 well pleased as nearly did a sub 1:09 on mountain. really think I can now go sub 3:22 Smile

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hurray Banana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2015 at 5:57pm
3:22:00 exactly

Had a sloppy Desert but a near sub 1:16 on Forest followed by a low 1:09 on mountain

think I can get under 3:21 now

Smraedis View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smraedis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2015 at 12:54pm
Woo! Nice one!
Looking back at my runs, I should be able to do 3:19.9 if everything went as well as possible!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic