Skin:

Sega Rally

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hurray Banana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2015 at 5:07pm
Had another really bad desert stage followed by a sub 1:09 mountain

now 3:21:53

Edited by Hurray Banana - 22 Feb 2015 at 5:07pm
Smraedis View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smraedis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2015 at 9:18pm
More improvement from my side too
Hurray Banana View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hurray Banana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2015 at 9:30pm
nice times
Smraedis View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smraedis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2015 at 9:38pm
Thanks, I've just done 3:20.9 now 3 times in a row
Deathrow View Drop Down
User
User
Boom boom POW!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deathrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2015 at 9:52pm
whats the fastest possible on this game?
why cant we all just get along? ;)
jonhughes View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonhughes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2015 at 10:03pm
Can I join the club? Driving games are my favourite thing. This one was set on the emulator, not fortunate enough to own the hardware.

3'-18"-98

Edited by jonhughes - 22 Feb 2015 at 10:04pm
Smraedis View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Smraedis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2015 at 10:15pm
Fastest ever time is 3'14.37 http://mtlayk.web.fc2.com/Top/Top3.htm (just search for "mountain" )and there is a 3'15.02 on Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQUDkIsau_c

Originally posted by jonhughes jonhughes wrote:

Can I join the club? Driving games are my favourite thing. This one was set on the emulator, not fortunate enough to own the hardware.

3'-18"-98

Of course, is that with the normal car or the Stratos? Either way it's a fast time!

Edited by Smraedis - 22 Feb 2015 at 10:17pm
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hurray Banana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2015 at 10:34pm
Originally posted by Smraedis Smraedis wrote:

Fastest ever time is 3'14.37 http://mtlayk.web.fc2.com/Top/Top3.htm (just search for "mountain" )and there is a 3'15.02 on Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQUDkIsau_c

3'-18"-98

Of course, is that with the normal car or the Stratos? Either way it's a fast time!

That time isn't the arcade version tho'

It's not comparing like with like to be honest and from looking at the vid, the acceleration is miles faster
Smraedis View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smraedis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2015 at 10:50pm
The video I linked is from a VHS recorded in 1997, I don't think it is using the Stratos.
If you do use that car, then the scores don't show up on the normal table, and it doesn't show the "Championship Top 16" graphic on the screen that I have been showing on my scores, sadly the video doesn't show any of these.
jonhughes View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonhughes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2015 at 6:46am

Originally posted by Smraedis Smraedis wrote:

Fastest ever time is 3'14.37 [URL=http://mtlayk.web.fc2.com/Top/Top5.htm" rel="nofollow][/URL]http://mtlayk.web.fc2.com/Top/Top3.htm (just search for "mountain" )and there is a 3'15.02 on Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQUDkIsau_c

3'-18"-98

Never knew about the Stratos, just going to have a look for that one.
I knew about the stage unlock, that's about it. Time was set using the Lancia on AT. I'll get another photo up, I'm always under 3'-20". My version doesn't support the high scores in attract mode for some reason. I've got a 3'-19"-53 on the my phone though.
jonhughes View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonhughes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2015 at 9:01pm
Thought there was no Stratos in the arcade version - it's a Sega Saturn cheat. Can't find any reference to it.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hurray Banana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2015 at 9:27pm
It's there but you don't see it reflected in the model.

Place the gearstick into neutral
Hold down the brake pedal
Select Championship
Highlight your car, but do not select it yet
On the gears, go 1st,2nd,3rd and 4th - you will now hear a "whoosh"
Select your car
Release the brake pedal

this doesn't change the model on screen, but you'll soon see it accelerates like made and is driven from the back wheels.

Scores are held in a separate score table when using the Stratos.
deano76 View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deano76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2015 at 3:40pm
Might have to see what lap times I can get on this

I'm emulating Sega Rally but it's in a proper Sega Rally sitdown cab, am I allowed ?  Big smile
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hurray Banana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2015 at 4:35pm
Originally posted by deano76 deano76 wrote:

Might have to see what lap times I can get on this

I'm emulating Sega Rally but it's in a proper Sega Rally sitdown cab, am I allowed ?  Big smile

yep, as long as its arcade sega
deano76 View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deano76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2015 at 6:14pm
It's the arcade version running on the M2 emulator

What settings have you got the game on in the test menu?
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hurray Banana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2015 at 6:31pm
Originally posted by deano76 deano76 wrote:

It's the arcade version running on the M2 emulator

What settings have you got the game on in the test menu?

I'll check when I get home still at work interviewing students and parents at the mo
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hurray Banana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2015 at 8:04pm
Settings Normal, Normal

Reminds me I need to turn down the brightness, need to drag gorf forward to do that

deano76 View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deano76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2015 at 8:43pm
Cheers HB!

Will get a lap or two in tomorrow night!
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hurray Banana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2015 at 2:50pm
After a couple of weeks of no streaming because of hard disk death, I'm back. played some really rubbish games and haven't improved on my 3:21:53 but managed a sub 3:22 on camera.

Still haven't sorted the sound out yet, so quiet vid. This was a very scrappy run.

Smraedis View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smraedis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2015 at 3:04pm
Really nice work on this, some of the turns go really well. Have noticed you change the gear into 4th really late though.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
  Share Topic