Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > Artwork and Restorations
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Sega Touring Car Restoration

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carvaletingpro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2018 at 7:22am
Originally posted by robotech robotech wrote:

Originally posted by Sbdesign Sbdesign wrote:

IS your wheel fully fixed?
Did you turn it down in the service menu?
And what was the issue.
My sega Rally twin, shoots wheel to left and then cuts off all power. Other wheel is fine.

DSB and other things:
If you need any pics of a model 2/3 racer to compare let me know.  But not sure if Sega rally 1/2 are different or not.

try cleaning the steering pot on the dodgy cab or swap the drive board between cabs to see if the problem still happens

Where is the steering pot.

Cheers
robotech View Drop Down
User
User

First Year of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robotech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2018 at 8:50am
That advice was for the sbdesign guy
Its on the back of the dash the steering has to read its position values from it

The dsb1 i would remove the black locking plug that feeds the board and test voltages from the end of the plug

Edited by robotech - 25 Apr 2018 at 9:00am
Carvaletingpro View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carvaletingpro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2018 at 9:23am
Originally posted by robotech robotech wrote:

That advice was for the sbdesign guy
Its on the back of the dash the steering has to read its position values from it

The dsb1 i would remove the black locking plug that feeds the board and test voltages from the end of the plug

Ok cool ill ignore the steering part should i be getting 5v on the power feed into the dsb
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carvaletingpro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2018 at 1:02pm
Taking a reading from yellow and white cables i get a steady 5.08v

heres a video of the issue
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQOYi2xybtI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQOYi2xybtI

Edited by Carvaletingpro - 26 Apr 2018 at 1:28pm
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carvaletingpro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2018 at 3:39pm
Heres my dsb what do the RCA jacks do

Edited by Carvaletingpro - 26 Apr 2018 at 3:40pm
robotech View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robotech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2018 at 6:21pm
That dont sound good at all :(
Try cleaning and reseating the roms
And if it dont work try swapping the roms between boards try the cn cables from the other cab too

Dsbs are proberbly dead though if you are getting 5v and its making that noise

User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carvaletingpro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2018 at 6:55pm
Both boards make idential nosies ehen yhe music should be playing. Where best to take a reading on the board its self one of the chips.

Is pcb cleaner fine to use.

Are cn cables the grey audio cables.

Thanks
Outrun2 View Drop Down
User
User
Colonel Outrun

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Outrun2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2018 at 7:14pm
Are you still getting issues with the car pulling left?  When the steering wheel is centred the reading in the test menu should be as close to 80H as possible.  Higher or lower and it will pull left or right.

Regarding the sound - are you saying you've tried two different DSB1 boards and the same noise occurs?  Have you got a different game board stack to try or at least a different ROM board?  The voltages are probably about right, but if you unplugged to check that reading it will not be 'under load'.

Voltages always drop a little when under load but I doubt this issue is voltage related.  Could be a fault in the loom or a board issue somewhere.  Are any sounds coming though ok?  Do sound effects come out ok or is it all a garbled mess?  Going back to basics, are the speakers ok?

I don't have any Model 2 stuff for sale to help you rule out particular boards unfortunately.  Do you know anyone able to burn ROMS?  You could get a set of DSB1 ROMs burnt and try replacing them, but if both boards make the same noise it seems to point to another issue.

Would like:
No more cabs.. please!!
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carvaletingpro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2018 at 7:24pm
Originally posted by Outrun2 Outrun2 wrote:

Are you still getting issues with the car pulling left?  When the steering wheel is centred the reading in the test menu should be as close to 80H as possible.  Higher or lower and it will pull left or right.

Regarding the sound - are you saying you've tried two different DSB1 boards and the same noise occurs?  Have you got a different game board stack to try or at least a different ROM board?  The voltages are probably about right, but if you unplugged to check that reading it will not be 'under load'.

Voltages always drop a little when under load but I doubt this issue is voltage related.  Could be a fault in the loom or a board issue somewhere.  Are any sounds coming though ok?  Do sound effects come out ok or is it all a garbled mess?  Going back to basics, are the speakers ok?

I don't have any Model 2 stuff for sale to help you rule out particular boards unfortunately.  Do you know anyone able to burn ROMS?  You could get a set of DSB1 ROMs burnt and try replacing them, but if both boards make the same noise it seems to point to another issue.

The steering issue was the force feed back pulling the wheel to the left slightly. When un plugged its fine.

Yes ive tried 2 different dsbs both are fully loaded and the same noise which is why i think its possibly something else.

The red yellow and white cable was plugged in whilst i took the reading. You can see the pin legs through the back of the black molding on the dsb

Sound affects are perfect both in game and on the test menu so i would think the speakers are ok. Ibdo have a spare seat i can plug in in

Ive only got the one game stack

Hope that anwsers your qs.

Thanks
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carvaletingpro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2018 at 7:25pm
Do the sound affects and music use different audio channels ?. Can anyone say which port does what on top of the dsb
Mykill View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mykill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2018 at 11:33pm
Red led is power ,green LEDs should be flicking on and off in random order during game play , ,black plug is power ,
of the two plugs on will b output leftthe other output right U.N. amplified one should go to a small mixer board , the rca connectors are used on other games or as a second output (model1 I think )Daytona ... these boards are used on a lot of games possible a test point .i had the same problem with my starwars replaced whole board changed roms olny 2 or 3 .
The hissing noise are your amps working so is a good sign the dbs1sound board dose look a little rank .

Edited by Mykill - 27 Apr 2018 at 1:30am
Don't touch the red wire
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carvaletingpro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2018 at 8:20pm
So ive sorted the the feedback issue i think.

Ive swapped the motor drive board and now have the wheel doing its left right initaliastion. But thats it nothing else.lol

Edited by Carvaletingpro - 29 Apr 2018 at 7:49pm
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carvaletingpro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2018 at 2:37pm
Just realised i haven't updated in ages

Well, I've vinyl wrapped the base. I'm going to have to do the back separate due to the fan vents but a hair dryer should sort this and leave me with a tidy finish.
you can see from this the original bolts have also been replaced on the side legs. TheLegs also received a lick of paint.

The foot rest got cleaned up 
After

Heres clean vs no so

I've also polished the seat back, up as well I just used some car polish and machine polisher. whilst it still has larger scrapes in its part of the machine but it is now a mirror finish, i cant find a decent picture to show this, might need to take some more snaps.

Outrun2 View Drop Down
User
User
Colonel Outrun

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Outrun2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2018 at 4:21pm
Nice work, looking good.

Not thought if vinyl wrapping as an option for restoring the base.. interested to know how it compares with blasting/coating both in finish and price.

Would like:
No more cabs.. please!!
Sbdesign View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sbdesign Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2018 at 4:36pm
Do you think venal wrapping side plastics is possible?

good work!
WTD:       VIRTUA COP 1 SEGA 1994
Sbdesign View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sbdesign Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2018 at 4:53pm
What the hell is venal?
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carvaletingpro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2018 at 5:40pm
Time will tell how the vinyl holds up, it only cost £10 from a local signwriter. Way cheaper than blasting and powder coating.

I think there potential to do the sidea but id let a pro do it a lot of curves to gwt right.
Sbdesign View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sbdesign Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2018 at 6:14pm
im gonna ask tomorrow, my neighbouring unit are songwriters and van wrappers ;)

User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carvaletingpro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2018 at 6:21pm
They might even do it for a small fee. I found it a little tricky lol
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carvaletingpro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2018 at 7:01pm
Background music is now working thanka to Sean who sold me 2 dsbs.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic