Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > Tech, Maintenance & Repairs
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

SF2HF

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SF2HF
    Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 9:51pm
I've just taken delivery of a SF2HF CPS1 board. It looks to be a converted SF2CE. It was supposed to be fully working but when I play it the character sprites and shadows have lines through. The backgrounds are fine. 

The pcb is reading +4.6v. Could this be the cause? It's a non adjustable PSU so it's gonna take me a few days to find out if upping the 5v fixes it

Thanks
Ace` View Drop Down
User
User
PlanB contributor #1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ace` Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 10:07pm
No way of saying for sure, 4.6v is low enough to cause issues though.
TheDaddy View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheDaddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 10:16pm
Yeh i agree 4.6 is too low really and can certainly cause this issue. Not saying it is that though as board c can cause this along with many other things.

Dave.
AKA Wonderboy.
J69 View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 11:05pm
I might try and find someone local to try the board for me so I can get an ebay claim in if it's knackered
Brettster View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brettster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 11:24pm
Have you tried separating the A and B boards and reseating them?
Looking for More Space!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic