Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > Artwork and Restorations
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Silverline Jamma Cab

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bjt42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Silverline Jamma Cab
    Posted: 21 Sep 2018 at 10:52am
Picked up this Silverline cab yesterday from t'eBay, it's the first cabinet I've owned.

It came with a Japanese Hammering Harry M84 board, which seems to work fine.

The Hantarex MTC 800 monitor was fairly hissing from the anode cap, although it settled down after a while. The V amp pot is scratchy as and needs some contact cleaner or more likely a replacement. There's also some periodic change in brightness of the image, might be down to dodgy pots or dead caps. Will need to look into all this or send the chassis out for attention.

The cabinet itself is pretty tatty, could do with new T moulding and there's a chunk out of one side panel that needs filling. However the bezel and marquee are good, back door is present, coin mech works. I'd like to replace the CP with a 2P version, new sticks and buttons.

Oh and while one of my kids were playing it this morning the cab went completely dead, marquee light and all. So presumably a fuse has popped at the very least. Lots of multimeter fun ahead!

End plan for this cab is to sell the Hammering Harry and stealth MAME it. Standard 2P 3 button layout, no frontends (have an idea for how to change games without a frontend). Will probably use a JammaASD with GroovyMAME.

Flinnster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flinnster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2018 at 11:18am
Harry is a nice board, you'll probably get the cash back you paid for the cab I'd say Thumbs Up

WTD: OutrunDLX, Rainbow Islands, Rolling Thunder, Wonderboy pcb
Parts WTD: Naomi wheels, Dino King Door metal clip
bjt42 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bjt42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2018 at 10:14pm
Looks like it was the power supply that blew this morning, now showing 0V on all outputs! Took the 3A plug fuse with it, hopefully the game board is OK New PSU coming up...

In other news the monitor chassis is getting sent to Gunblade for a touch of R&R

Edited by bjt42 - 21 Sep 2018 at 10:16pm
Steveylou View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steveylou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2018 at 10:36pm
These are lovely cabs. Damn heavy though Smile

I have a spare control panel overlay if you ever find you need one.
Eddhorse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eddhorse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2018 at 1:06am
My Silverline 26 weighs a tonne.

Best of luck with yours :)
bjt42 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bjt42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2018 at 4:07pm
Originally posted by Steveylou Steveylou wrote:

These are lovely cabs. Damn heavy though Smile

I have a spare control panel overlay if you ever find you need one.

Sent you a PM Thumbs Up
bjt42 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bjt42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2018 at 2:25pm
Some more pics of various bits that need attention!

Edited by bjt42 - 06 Oct 2018 at 2:26pm
bjt42 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bjt42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2018 at 2:41pm
Finally got some time to work on this. New PSU fired right up, thankfully the PCB still works! Removed the monitor chassis to send off to Mr Gunblade. It's in rough shape so hopefully he can give it a new lease of life.

Picked up a 2P panel and a member here very kindly sent me a repro overlay. Just need to strip the panel back and clean it up. Not sure whether to go with Servo sticks to cater for 4 way games. It depends how practical vert games are on the horizontal monitor. If not I'll go for IL Euros and look at another cab for vert games later on.

Worst damage on the cab is this chunk that someone spray painted, will need to fill somehow.

Edited by bjt42 - 06 Oct 2018 at 2:45pm
J69 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2018 at 3:11pm
A bit of wood filler should sort that out. I used some on the corner of my TAF cab with similar damage
Eddhorse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eddhorse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2018 at 3:29pm
Nice work. Coming along nicely.

Anyone know what these individual parts are and where i can get them?
Ie a single coin mech mount, what part inserts into them?
bjt42 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bjt42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2018 at 4:32pm
They are S10 coin mech brackets, they take a 3.5 mech like these:

https://www.arcadeworlduk.com/products/calle-3-5-inch-mechanical-coin-mechanism.html

Eddhorse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eddhorse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2018 at 7:48pm
Sorry for the hijack, thanks
Liam View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 11:56am
That's interesting. Isn't that MTC 900-E a 21", in spite of what's on the cover of the manual? My Silverline came with a WG 7000 20", and I've noticed there's a little too much space between monitor and bezel.

bjt42 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bjt42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2018 at 2:02pm
No it's a 20" - maybe your k7000 tube is a 19"?
bjt42 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bjt42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2018 at 11:00am
Monitor chassis back from gunblade and looking great! Put a new tube and starter behind the marquee too. Slow but steady progress.

Eddhorse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eddhorse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2018 at 10:54pm
Hammering harry, good game I think. Nice marquee
Liam View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2018 at 9:34am
Originally posted by bjt42 bjt42 wrote:

No it's a 20" - maybe your k7000 tube is a 19"?
Yes, 20" visible screen size. It's an inch bigger than the K7000, which is, as you say, 19" visible. Basically 51cm as opposed to 48cm.

Edited by Liam - 19 Oct 2018 at 9:35am
bjt42 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bjt42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2018 at 11:38am
Tidied up the PSU mounting, cleaned the bottom of the cab and replaced the power cord & plug.

Liam View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2018 at 10:03am
Doesn't the PSU go 180 degrees around so the +5V adjustment faces up? That exposes the mains to the user, but a rectangular piece of plastic can be attached to the wood for protection, leaving only the +5V adjustment exposed, and you can reach in from the front to adjust it.

Edited by Liam - 31 Oct 2018 at 10:04am
bjt42 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bjt42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2018 at 1:18pm
Yeah maybe, this was just the easiest way to do it without moving the monitor transformer or modifying the wires.

Do people really tweak the +5V regularly? I haven't touched it on mine.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic