Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > Artwork and Restorations
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Silverline Jamma Cab

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bjt42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2018 at 10:39am
Plenty to be getting on with here Tongue

RolyRetro View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RolyRetro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2018 at 4:27pm
Looks like a JPAC there, are you planning a MAME PC?
Star Wars/Outrun/Battlezone Cabaret/Asteroids & Moon Cresta Cocktail/Zaccaria Invader/Snow Bros/Addams Family Pin/BAS
Twitter @retrogamesnow
bjt42 View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bjt42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2018 at 10:42am
Yes been building a little PC, hooked it up last night and all is working great. I am chuffed

bjt42 View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bjt42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2018 at 12:05pm
New CPO looks great, thanks Steveylou! Fitted the 2P panel with all new sticks and buttons. Still need to wire up the 2p controls as the cabinet harness doesn't support them.

I need to get some leaf buttons as the microswitch ones are too clicky for my liking. IL euro stick switches are also super clicky, wonder if there are quieter alternatives?

Overall I am super happy with the way this is going.

Steveylou View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steveylou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 1:13pm
Originally posted by bjt42 bjt42 wrote:

New CPO looks great, thanks Steveylou! 
No problem. That looks great! Thumbs Up
bjt42 View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bjt42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2018 at 10:22am
Replaced the clicky buttons with gold leaf buttons, much happier now. Wired the 2P controls. Screwed everything down & tidied the wires. Will be sorting the coin door next.

Edited by bjt42 - 28 Nov 2018 at 10:23am
bjt42 View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bjt42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2018 at 9:38am
I'm still using the Jamma PSU to power a 12V audio amp and button/coin lights, but I noticed the 12V rail was dipping under 11V due to lack of load on the 5V rail. Added a 2.2 ohm 50W power resistor to the 5V rail which will pull around 2 amps to simulate the load of a PCB and brought the 12V rail back up to normal.

This thing is dissipating around 11W and gets hot as hell, even screwed to an old CPU heatsink.

big10p View Drop Down

First Year of Supporting ukvac.com!

First Year of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big10p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2018 at 10:09am
Yeah, I had to add a resistor to my 2 MAME cabs, for the same reason.
bjt42 View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bjt42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2018 at 11:07am
Mounted volume control and USB sockets behind the coin door.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic