Forum Home Forum Home > Trading Post > Valuations
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Sit-down drivers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sit-down drivers
    Posted: 12 Jun 2018 at 6:34pm
I'm on the lookout for a new cab.

What price am I looking at for the following single sitdowns?

Outrun 2
Sega Rally 2
Daytona

muddymusic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Repro Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muddymusic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2018 at 9:18am
They all vary hugely in price, depending on condition and if they are the UK or Japan builds. I've had quite a few of the Sega drivers (probably a bit of an understatement LOL), and they always sold easily when I wanted to move them on.

OutRun 2 can go from anything around £600 (f355 conversion on Chihiro GD-Rom) - up to probably £1400 for a single (Japan cab, mint with topper and pop, running on CF card).

Rally 2 doesn't seem to come up too often as a single, but I'd expect £500 for a tatty worker up to £750 for a really nice one.

Daytona can be cheaper on woody cab, £400 I've seen those got for, a plastic nice one might be £500-600?
Repro Arcade Artwork supplier, pm me or visit arcadeartshop.com
acidburn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acidburn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2018 at 9:56am
I recently acquired a Daytona (twin) and I have to say it's taken a bit of searching. Certainly not as common as they used to be. Much better game than Sega Rally and Outrun 2 in my humble opinion.

If you have the space for any of the games you have mentioned definitely go for a twin. 2 Player is where it's at.
10 PRINT "BOOBS"
20 GOTO 10
RUN
bonehead View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bonehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2018 at 10:05am
I will be selling a Daytona 2 battle on the edge twin this weekend. Will get pics sorted Saturday. Pretty sure one side has a graphics fault but I might be able to sort it as I have spare model 3 pcbs.

Always looking for a bargain.
Wanted. Centipede uprigh, bezerk, mad planets.
Sbdesign View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sbdesign Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2018 at 11:15am
Singles seem to be quite expensive I have noticed.

I just got a fair few twins from April 1st 18 onwards, and had researched and followed everywhere I could find since before xmas.

Sega rally 2:
Not that common in last 6 months, only ever seen a twins.
Bare twin £250 (no monitors or boards)
Twin with 1 game board working £500
Rough twin all working £900
Immaculate twin £1200

So your best bet from what I have seen is trying to get a broken twin with 1 side good.
Then you have some parts left over for repairs/spares.
You may even be lucky get upto £200 back for the empty spare shell.

Lastly prices vary so much so that 1 guy sold at auction a sega rally with 1 side graphic issues (1995 model not 2) and it sold for £700, buyer never paid, next week he relished and it sold for £1400 and buyer paid.  Thats a 100% increase, exact same condition, 10 days a part.  For me, i wanted it as spares and would have paid £400-£500 max for it.
Looking out for a Sega Gun cab: HOTD 1or2 / VC 1or2
J69 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2018 at 12:35pm
Thanks for the replies

I played a fully working sega rally 2 sit-down at Alton Towers yesterday and now I want one. Changing gears and handbrake turns with strong feedback on the wheel was like a full body workout!
Bods View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2018 at 12:48pm
They certainly do, playing 355 with gears is harder work than driving a car in real life, specially how easy cars these days are, when in 16 laps races changing gear constantly and on it for a couple of hours and your worn out, legs were killing me the next day like I'd been on my bmx

Remember playing Sega Rally 2 in the Nightclub, was quite good I thought, both good though. Hopefully be able to play them in the driving sims as I added the handbrakes from Rally 2 machine, just need to sort the H shifers and forcefeedback now

WANTED! Buggy Boy Junior Rear Seat. Continental Circus Cockpit Lower Rear Light Plexi and more space
Sbdesign View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sbdesign Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2018 at 1:15pm
Sega rally 2 is the ultimate, best arcade racer imo
I have no idea why outrun 2 is so in demand.. game is nothing on sega rally's.

Daytona 2, never played as a youngster, but one came up at a good price and just got it recently...
Its actually quite addictive, last get together we hammered it.  Makes rally feel very slow afterwards.

Difference is, im untouchable between friends on rally, but got whooped on daytona 2....
Need to get that drifting down!!!
jonhughes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonhughes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2018 at 1:24pm
I agree with the above.

The Rally games are much more realistic. Spinning your Outrun 2 Ferrari on a 6 pence while going round a bend at 200mph might be fun but nothing resembling real physics or driving. It's fantasy if you're into that kind of game (I don't mind it to be honest) but I play different car games when I race.

Same goes for outrun 1 (understeering phenomenon of the century). Try doing a U-turn on Outrun - computer says no.
Sbdesign View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sbdesign Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2018 at 1:37pm
maybe outrun more because its easier to fix and source parts and newer.
Its also MUCH cheaper per a course because of qty on outrun 2

But another consideration is...

Out run 2 is still going down in price not up IN GENERAL

Rally's hit the bottom price, and on the way back up somewhat.  Perhaps not in the distant future they will be the same if not rally's more.
J69 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2018 at 1:39pm
Originally posted by Sbdesign Sbdesign wrote:

maybe outrun more because its easier to fix and source parts and newer.
Its also MUCH cheaper per a course because of qty on outrun 2

But another consideration is...

Out run 2 is still going down in price not up IN GENERAL

Rally's hit the bottom price, and on the way back up somewhat.  Perhaps not in the distant future they will be the same if not rally's more.

You live locally to me. Let me know if you're ever selling
Sbdesign View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sbdesign Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2018 at 2:09pm
In my will it says bury it with me 
robotech View Drop Down

First Year of Supporting ukvac.com!

First Year of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robotech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 4:30am
Only problem ive noticed with the sega drivers is they all have the same parts
Damaged or missing buying a cheap twin gets expensive if you want nice cussions
A seat ajuster and a non fagburned dash
Or side pannels with art and without big
Cracks or a wheel without chunks missing

If you get a rally 2 you can also run scud race and daytona 2 boardsets so its a pretty good all rounder

My chihiro with outrun 2 lasted about 3 weeks before i was board with it and moved on not much of a challenge
The cabs look nice with all the artwork
And topper just not my game

"Gentlemen start your engines"
Vamino View Drop Down

3 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vamino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 9:37pm
Originally posted by muddymusic muddymusic wrote:

They all vary hugely in price, depending on condition and if they are the UK or Japan builds. I've had quite a few of the Sega drivers (probably a bit of an understatement LOL), and they always sold easily when I wanted to move them on.

OutRun 2 can go from anything around £600 (f355 conversion on Chihiro GD-Rom) - up to probably £1400 for a single (Japan cab, mint with topper and pop, running on CF card).

Rally 2 doesn't seem to come up too often as a single, but I'd expect £500 for a tatty worker up to £750 for a really nice one.

Daytona can be cheaper on woody cab, £400 I've seen those got for, a plastic nice one might be £500-600?

I agree with Olly's valuations here.

The thing with valuations is people usually see a weathered cab sell for a cheap amount, and then when someone else tries to sell a cab in better condition the previous sale is now the new price. Then there's the price as a buyer and a price as a seller, so many times I see people change their mind what something is worth depending whether they are the buyer/seller.

So, buy a sorted OR2 cab from someone like Gary for 1400, or buy a converted rusty straight off site F355 cab with smashed multi coloured plastics, dash with fag burns with a Chihiro just chucked in the base for half the amount?

If someone likes a project, is patient waiting for parts and can take advice with a grain of salt if the seller downplays the cost/difficulty of replacing faulty parts. Then, the lower priced option is probably the best. If you are impatient and just wan't something to play then the higher price isn't actually as high as it seems in the grand scheme of things.

I really enjoyed working on my Single Jp Sega Rally 2 cab project but it wasn't cheap, in the finish I spent more on it than the 750 valuation Olly has quoted.

Sometimes it isn't about the price though, it's about the enjoyment of seeing the transformation and completion of a nostalgic cab back into a playable state. Olly's ID torture project excluded. LOL
Insert Coin[s]
J69 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 9:46pm
Well if any had a Sega Rally 2\Daytona sit-down going then let me know. Could possibly do a part ex too

Edited by J69 - 14 Jun 2018 at 9:48pm
thesharkfactor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thesharkfactor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 9:53pm
Originally posted by Vamino Vamino wrote:

The thing with valuations is people usually see a weathered cab sell for a cheap amount, and then when someone else tries to sell a cab in better condition the previous sale is now the new price. 

Meh, works both ways.. usually it's a nice clean game sells for an understandably top price then the next man thinks his tatty worker is worth the same.

I would go for a SR2 and have the versatility of adding Scud and D'2.. I love SR, I had an upright for a while. 
bonehead View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bonehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 9:57pm
I will be selling a Daytona 2 battle on the edge twin sit down early next week. I could possibly split but would rather sell complete.
Any interest?
Always looking for a bargain.
Wanted. Centipede uprigh, bezerk, mad planets.
Vamino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vamino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 10:02pm
Originally posted by thesharkfactor thesharkfactor wrote:

Originally posted by Vamino Vamino wrote:

The thing with valuations is people usually see a weathered cab sell for a cheap amount, and then when someone else tries to sell a cab in better condition the previous sale is now the new price. 

Meh, works both ways.. usually it's a nice clean game sells for an understandably top price then the next man thinks his tatty worker is worth the same.

I would go for a SR2 and have the versatility of adding Scud and D'2.. I love SR, I had an upright for a while. 

True, I suppose we all want a bargain and then when selling getting top price would be nice. LOL

Yeah, SR2 is certainly the best cab for a multi Model3 cab, no need to search for that handbrake assembly. Add Dirt Devils, Le Mans and Emergency Call Ambulance to that list as well.

SR2 is my favourite cab, although my recent purchase of a Blast City is getting some love as well.
They compliment each other so well.
Insert Coin[s]
Sbdesign View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sbdesign Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2018 at 6:54am
J69 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2018 at 7:39am
Originally posted by bonehead bonehead wrote:

I will be selling a Daytona 2 battle on the edge twin sit down early next week. I could possibly split but would rather sell complete.
Any interest?

Possibly. Although it would be nice to have the handbrake for SR2

What price would you be after for a single?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic