ukVac.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Arcade > Meetings & Events
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Sky Skipper Reveal & UK-VAC Meet 2017@Arcade Club
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Sky Skipper Reveal & UK-VAC Meet 2017@Arcade Club - Event Date: 14 Oct 2017 - 15 Oct 2017

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 21>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Chuckie egg View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Nintendo Arcade

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Chuckie egg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: Sky Skipper Reveal & UK-VAC Meet 2017@Arcade Club
    Posted: 01 Jul 2017 at 6:56pm
http://www.ukvac.com/forum/uk-sky-skipper-reveal-ukvac-meet-arcade-club_topic358691_post1002343.html#1002343

Hi guys
Sorry for the delay in getting this sorted but had to get confirmation from everyone.
The plan is to reveal Sky skipper to the uk audience at replay Manchester 14th & 15th October
The reveal will be held on Saturday with me Whitney roberts,Olly cotton and John Jacobson from johns arcade.
You will be able to play sky skipper the unreleased game by Nintendo on original hardware.
Saturday evening will be party time at the Arcade club where you will get a few nibbles with your £15 entrance fee and get to chat to John and play some games.
This is a big thing for John to come to the uk and I know he is very excited to meet you all and chat about the uk scene and have a beer with you all.
I've been a fan of johns since he first did his video on the red tent vs system and have been following him ever since so would like to make it very special on his first visit to the uk arcade scene and welcome him into our community with open arms with a beer and a scotch egg,no more gas station eggs
Sunday I will be back at play Manchester where sky skipper will be on its last showing this year so make sure you get to play it.
Hope you all can show support for the community of Ukvac and attend this event.
Last year was a great successes let's make this one even bigger and better .
Many thanks
Alex

Last years Photo:

Many thanks to everyone who helped plan to make the meet such a success. It was great to chat and play the machines with such a nice group of folk.

I was thinking it might be nice to record who is who.
PM me numbers, UKVAC form name or real name or both (as you prefer) and I'll edit this post and compile a list (or let me know if you'd rather not be ID-ed).
I know some people had left by the time the photo was taken so I can add them to the list too.

1  Shaun "in your face" Holley          21 Chris "Muppz" Toseland
2  Steven "stegrey"                     22 Dom "Ravage" Escott
3  Caroline "Battlezone+1" Keay         23 Chad "chadsarcade" Gray
4  Danny "Forthmeister"                 24 Oli "Alpha1"
5  John "Battlezone" Keay               25 Dave "DaveO" Orton
6  Ian "ianski" Taylor                  26 Phil "Big Phil"
7  David "CharlieFar" Lyne              27 Tony "edget2000" Edge
8  Tony "Djrouge" Redman                28 Jonathan "Moomootown" Town
9  Nichola "Djnichola" Charlesworth     29 Graham Walker
10 Rich "Chunksin"                      30 G "fatapollo" Davison
11 Patrick "Anunaki"                    31 Dan "Danscu" Scudamore
12 ? Patrick's friend                   32 Darren "DZine" Hatton
13 Ian "Shun"                           33 Jim "iamjimmi"
14 Steven "Smraedis"               34 Ben "Purity"
15 James "tin" Tinmouth                 35 Jim "Baggers" Bagley
16 D "tronads" Hamilton                 36 Neil "neil1637" McEwan
17 Adrian "Ade" Purser                  37 Ross "SuperGoataku" Burnett
18 Chris "Fantazia2"                    38 Russ "Russ J" Jaques
19 Andy "u72"                           39 Iain "squidgy"
20 Alex "Chuckie egg"                   40 Phil "Philv85"

41 Chris "cNp" Parsons (behind the camera)
42 Stuart "funhouse"
43 + 44 Neil "Mitchell Gant" & his better half (apologies didn't catch your name)
45 Jase "Jase" Darrington
46 Brett "brettster"
47 + 48 Jonathan "JonathanClayton" Clayton & the boss.
49 Eric "Hurray Banana"
50 Gavin "edwoodjnr" Benson
51 Oliver "radfoo"

Edited by Hurray Banana - 05 Oct 2017 at 2:01pm
Brettster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brettster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2017 at 7:58pm
This is awesome news :) will there be a separate sign up page for the meet or is it on this thread
Looking for More Space!!
Sinisteve View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sinisteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2017 at 7:59pm
Already booked tickets matey, can't wait gonna be a cracker!
Sinisteve View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sinisteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2017 at 7:59pm
How do we book the arcade club party?
u72 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote u72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2017 at 9:53pm
i'll post details in this thread on Monday :)

Edited by u72 - 01 Jul 2017 at 10:32pm
Visit the Largest Classic Video Arcade in Europe!

Arcade Club Home Page
tin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2017 at 10:52pm
Well I already planned to spend the Saturday at AC, and the Sunday at Play, so super bonus!! :)
This is your crew chief // Yeah, the course is really tough // But it's a beautiful day // So good luck!
edget2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edget2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2017 at 11:21pm
So who wants to share a taxi from Play Manchester to AC ?? me and cNp are going so who needs a lift??
strykr View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strykr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2017 at 11:41pm
Sweet!
Wanted - Electrocoin Wheels Runner Cabinet http://tinyurl.com/oq6dkau
Badlands & Champ sprint TG mame WR holder
bonehead View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bonehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2017 at 12:28am
Defiantly up for this and booked it on the calendar so defiantly going.

Roll up October
Always looking for a bargain.
Wanted. Centipede uprigh, bezerk, mad planets.
Bensonrad View Drop Down
STILL looking for an Outrun & Paperboy!

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bensonrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2017 at 9:43am
I hope to come along to this, any sussex folks travelling up?
Wanted: Super Pacman Bezel, Millipede Euro inner Bezel. Asteroids Cabaret Cab, Track & Field or Hyper Sports cab, Exterminator & Arkanoid set ups+Millipede/Paperboy/Super Pacman/Outrun/Taito S.I PCBs
jiytee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jiytee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2017 at 11:52am
Man, a proper boys weekend, a few beers, great company and plenty gaming....and more gaming (not forgetting gaming!)

...and not a dancing girl to be seen Shocked

Sorry, I can make it this year lads, but I will have this penned in for next year defo....

Enjoy, yah bunch '0' lucky #########!
Jase View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2017 at 12:19pm
John from John's Arcade? That's cool, would love to meet the guy, watching his uploads has been a routine of my Saturday mornings!
Astro Blaster, Track & Field, Asteroids Deluxe, Gyruss, Berzerk, Gorf, PacMan, Qix, Space Invaders part II, Moon Cresta, Moon Shuttle, Joust, Defender, Dig Dug, Tempest, Nintendo PC-10 (MAMEd)
Shun View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2017 at 12:20pm
I've just asked my Wife and I'm allowed to go Thumbs Up Really looking forward to it. The UKVAC meet last year was great fun and it'll be my first time attending Replay.
Bensonrad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bensonrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2017 at 3:27pm
Is there a train station in Bury?  I am struggling to piece together a journey using public transport from London.

Wanted: Super Pacman Bezel, Millipede Euro inner Bezel. Asteroids Cabaret Cab, Track & Field or Hyper Sports cab, Exterminator & Arkanoid set ups+Millipede/Paperboy/Super Pacman/Outrun/Taito S.I PCBs
edget2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edget2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2017 at 3:36pm
Originally posted by Bensonrad Bensonrad wrote:

Is there a train station in Bury?  I am struggling to piece together a journey using public transport from London.

you can get a tram from manchester.... but if you are going to play I am gonna help alex by trying to organising a coach to get us all to AC in the evening... 
strykr View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strykr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2017 at 3:38pm
Originally posted by edget2000 edget2000 wrote:

you can get a tram from manchester.... but if you are going to play I am gonna help alex by trying to organising a coach to get us all to AC in the evening... 

Great idea!
Wanted - Electrocoin Wheels Runner Cabinet http://tinyurl.com/oq6dkau
Badlands & Champ sprint TG mame WR holder
Bensonrad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bensonrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2017 at 4:22pm

I will be just doing the Saturday day/evening event at Arcade Club, but would be travelling into Manchester, so need to get from there to arcade club, so would be up for joining any travel from there/Play.   Struggling to find hotels with twin beds in bury, just booked this for sat night, as Premier Inn is sold out.

Best Western Manchester Bury Bolholt Country Park Hotel(Sat Night)

Edited by Bensonrad - 05 Jul 2017 at 1:16pm
edget2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edget2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2017 at 4:29pm

I will likely be just doing the evening event, but would be travelling into Manchester, so need to get from there to arcade club, so would be up for joining any travel from there/Play.   Struggling to find hotels with twin beds in bury, just booked this for sat night, as Premier Inn is sold out.
Best Western Manchester Bury Bolholt Country Park Hotel

So depending on which train station you arrive at but I think the tram to Bury is just outside of Piccadilly Station. Don't make the mistake I did last year and catch the bus as it takes over an hour to get to Bury..
tin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2017 at 4:32pm
The Bolholt is reasonable, and a £5 or so taxi away from AC AFAIR. I'm there sat PM too.

If you can't make the transport, there is a very regular tram that goes directly from Manchester Picc to Bury. Then 15 mins walk from there or another taxi to AC.
This is your crew chief // Yeah, the course is really tough // But it's a beautiful day // So good luck!
SuperGoataku View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperGoataku Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2017 at 8:00pm
I'm in for this, i stayed at the Village just down the road from AC last meet, 10 minute walk to AC from the hotel. will probably try book in there again.
I will be driving from Play to AC, so if anyone wants a lift just ask.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 21>
  Share Topic