ukVac.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Arcade > Meetings & Events
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Sky Skipper Reveal & UK-VAC Meet 2017@Arcade Club
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Sky Skipper Reveal & UK-VAC Meet 2017@Arcade Club - Event Date: 14 Oct 2017 - 15 Oct 2017

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 21>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
backflipper View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backflipper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2017 at 8:16pm
I'm in. I just booked a twin room for Bonehead and myself at Premier Inn from Friday to Sunday. Works out at £35 per person per night.

They probably wont release a single night over a weekend until they are nearly at capacity.

Edited by backflipper - 02 Jul 2017 at 9:01pm
tronads View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tronads Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2017 at 8:27pm
Premier foods ?
edget2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edget2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2017 at 8:31pm
Originally posted by tronads tronads wrote:

Premier foods ?

A night in the food freezer amongst the pizza's
backflipper View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backflipper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2017 at 9:01pm
Man work on my mind! Premier Inn!
Bensonrad View Drop Down
STILL looking for an Outrun & Paperboy!

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bensonrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2017 at 9:56pm
Good work, I'd tried the Premier Inn, but I think you had to book a stretch of days in a row and it was only offering up a double.

Edited by Bensonrad - 02 Jul 2017 at 9:56pm
Wanted: Super Pacman Bezel, Millipede Euro inner Bezel. Asteroids Cabaret Cab, Track & Field or Hyper Sports cab, Exterminator & Arkanoid set ups+Millipede/Paperboy/Super Pacman/Outrun/Taito S.I PCBs
tin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2017 at 10:05pm
Originally posted by backflipper backflipper wrote:

Man work on my mind! Premier Inn!
LOLLOLLOL
This is your crew chief // Yeah, the course is really tough // But it's a beautiful day // So good luck!
Joker CK View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joker CK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2017 at 4:55pm
Perfect timing, as it's my birthday weekend and the wife has already given me permission to go up to Arcade Club whilst she looks after the little one It will be nice to meet my fellow UKVac collectors and put faces to names. Should be a great event.
Gary07745 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary07745 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2017 at 5:50pm
Wow this sounds a great weekend, I'm in for sure
wanted arcade cabinet
Looking for Original Donkey Kong
u72 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote u72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2017 at 6:01pm
UKVAC Annual meet 14th October - 15th October 2017

Right guys this is going to be one incredible weekend!
The UK Sky Skipper reveal has moved to AC... we also have the annual UKVAC meet all in one weekend!
John Jacobson (From Johns Arcade) will be coming to Arcade Club
and we'll also have over 300(!) working cabinets on the floor - which will be the largest Video Arcade ever to exist in the UK or Europe! supporting those cabs we have Pinball (20+ machines), PS4's, Xbox one's, Switches, top of the range PC's, classic consoles and computers and even a newly felted pool table :) - all these are of course completely free to play once your in Arcade Club.

Pre-booked tickets for UKVAC members are £15 or £25 for both days
I will be printing Name lanyards as we did last year (worked really well :))

Just send me an email and i'll send you payment details...
same email Address as last year : ukvacmeet@arcadeclub.co.uk

Once payment has been received your Forum name will be listed in this thread (as we did last year)
AC is going to be pretty busy this weekend anyone who has pre-booked is guaranteed to get in.

see you all soon,

Andy

P.S. We now have 3 Warlords tables, so we'll be holding a UKVAC Warlords Tournament with Cash Prizes ;)

PAID

EDGET2000 (2 Days)
DJROUGE (2 Days)
DJROUGE +1 (2 Days)
CHUNKSIN
BENSONRAD
THEMASTER
JOKERCK
JOKERCK +1
BRETTNICOL
BRETTNICOL +1
CNP
IAMJiMMI
JONATHANCLAYTON
JONATHANCLAYTON +1
SHUN
SINISTEVE (2 Days)
STEGREY
THESHADYGHOST
MATTY
RETRODAVENINTENDO
PORCHY
PORCHY +1
STRYKR
PAUL_IN_NOTTINGHAM
BONEHEAD (2 Days)
BACKFLIPPER (2 Days)
FLINNSTER (2 Days)
TRONADS
TIN
TIN +4
K1NGARTH3R
ADRIANPURSER (2 Days)
ADRIANPURSER +1 (2 Days)
SuperGoataku
RADFOO
RCANTOR77
MACRO (2 days)
CHARLIEFAR
DANSCU
RICHARD31337
RICHARD31337 +1
BASSINVADER
ONARETROTIP
ONARETROTIP +5
DOBBSIE
FANTAZIA2
MUDDYMUSIC (2 days)
MUDDYMUSIC +1
CALLINGALLNERDS
BIGDADDYC
JONTRON (2 days)
CHUCKIE EGG
CHUCKIE EGG +4
ACIDBURN
TOOTYUK
TOOTYUK +1
MR_PPP (2 days)
KOSMIKVECTOR
VECHUM
CHRISTOU
CHRISTOU +3
BLAZERFRAZER
BLAZERFRAZER +1
KMANSWEDEN
MOOMOOTOWN
VAMINO
JONHUGHES
JONHUGHES +1
SULLDABULL
CNP
SMARTY (2 days)
SMARTY +1 (2 days)
NEIL1637
D-ZINE
SQUIDGY
SQUIDGY +1
LESOLEIL70 (2 days)
FROTHMEISTER
FROTHMEISTER +1
IANSKI
BULLY
MUPPZ
ONEPUNCHROB
CHADSARCADE
CHADSARCADE +1
RUSSJ
NES4Life
SPRINT
ZIPPER
RETROHUNTER
TACTICAL GENIUS
TACTICAL GENIUS +1
OCB
HARRYBO77
LESDAWSONSLOVECHILD

LAST FEW EMAILS HAVE BEEN SENT
ONCE I GET TO 120 THATS PRETTY MUCH IT...
ITS PLAY WEEKEND/JOHNS ARCADE VISIT/SKY SKIPPER
AND IT'S GOING TO BE BUSY...

If you don't have a ticket and wish to visit you are welcome,
but you may have to wait to gain entry - we have a third floor (shh..)
that isn't 'ready' but I can sort a few machines out and some seating
just incase it's raining :)

106 Peeps... 

if you've paid but are not listed above
please send an email to ukvacmeet@arcadeclub.co.uk
and i'll sift through my shooting gallery of a PayPal account :D

Places to stay near Arcade Club :)

HOTELS NEAR ARCADE CLUB

PREMIER INN - 5 DUKE STREET, BURY BL9 0EJ - 0871 527 9294

http://www.premierinn.com/gb/en/hot...

TRAVEL LODGE - ROUTE 66 LEISURE PARK, PILSWORTH ROAD, BURY - BL9 8RS - 0871 984 6302

https://www.travelodge.co.uk/hotels...?

VILLAGE HOTEL - WATERFORD BUSINESS PARK - ROCHDALE RD. BURY BL9 7BQ - 0161 674 0145

https://www.village-hotels.co.uk/ho...?

OTHER HOTELS

https://uk.hotels.com/de555384/hote...

BY CAR

If arriving via motorway you’ll want to exit the M66 at junction 2 towards Bury, then keep right and head up Wash Lane. At the first set of lights, take a left on to Heywood Street and you’ll see a small road immediately to the right. That’s Cork Street. Head through the gate at the end and you’ve arrived at Ela Mill. We have a spacious car park with overflow for the busier days. If you’re arriving via Bury, or any route which takes you down Rochdale Road (A58), then you can continue to the junction of Rochdale Road and Heywood Street and head North with Cork Street on your left just before the lights.

BY RAIL

Both train and tram (Metrolink) routes use the Bury Interchange, with direct routes from Manchester and other nearby towns. The Metrolink Bury line terminates there presenting one of the simplest routes from Manchester and other connecting lines. A walk from the station to Arcade Club is just 1 mile (20mins).

Walking Directions: Bury Interchange to Arcade Club

BY AIR

We love to welcome visitors from even further away! Manchester Airport provides comprehensive transport links in to Manchester City Centre. From there you can travel by rail or taxi to arrive at Arcade Club. Please contact us in advance of travel if you’d like any further advice such as where to stay.

Edited by u72 - 11 Oct 2017 at 9:01pm
Visit the Largest Classic Video Arcade in Europe!

Arcade Club Home Page
JohnBud View Drop Down
There's only one JB, only one JB!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnBud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2017 at 6:16pm
any local hotels got a late licence ??? has the premier got a bar ???

u72 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote u72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2017 at 6:17pm
Originally posted by JohnBud JohnBud wrote:

any local hotels got a late licence ??? has the premier got a bar ???

we'll be open very late ;)

Arcade Club Home Page
JohnBud View Drop Down
There's only one JB, only one JB!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnBud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2017 at 6:48pm
good man Hug
edget2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edget2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2017 at 6:50pm
*****Trying to Gauge interest in Hiring a coach to get us from Play to AC on saturday night***** 

A number of us are staying in hotels around the Play event on the saturday night and I was wondering if its worth organising a mini-bus/coach depending on numbers to Arcade Club and back... I've had a few quotes from companies and they are a bit more than I expected but might work out cheaper than getting 4 into a taxi there and back. So i'm just putting the proverbial finger in the air to see if its worth the effort. I don't mind sorting as Alex and Andy will have enough on there plates that weekend.

PS ... I'm stopping over on Friday night as well so if anyone else is about and wants to hit AC early let me know Big smile
u72 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote u72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2017 at 6:53pm
Originally posted by edget2000 edget2000 wrote:

*****Trying to Gauge interest in Hiring a coach to get us from Play to AC on saturday night***** 

A number of us are staying in hotels around the Play event on the saturday night and I was wondering if its worth organising a mini-bus/coach depending on numbers to Arcade Club and back... I've had a few quotes from companies and they are a bit more than I expected but might work out cheaper than getting 4 into a taxi there and back. So i'm just putting the proverbial finger in the air to see if its worth the effort. I don't mind sorting as Alex and Andy will have enough on there plates that weekend.

PS ... I'm stopping over on Friday night as well so if anyone else is about and wants to hit AC early let me know Big smile

perhaps an uber/car share thread? - split 3/4 ways it shouldn't be too bad...

Arcade Club Home Page
Bensonrad View Drop Down
STILL looking for an Outrun & Paperboy!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bensonrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2017 at 6:59pm
Email sent for 2 tickets.

If anyone from Sussex or London is going, let me know as happy to pay towards petrol etc if you want to give me a lift. 

Wanted: Super Pacman Bezel, Millipede Euro inner Bezel. Asteroids Cabaret Cab, Track & Field or Hyper Sports cab, Exterminator & Arkanoid set ups+Millipede/Paperboy/Super Pacman/Outrun/Taito S.I PCBs
jonhughes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonhughes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2017 at 8:18pm
Village Inn booked for Saturday 14th, I'm going. This always landed on the half term break when we  were headed for sunnier destinations.
Russ J View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Russ J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2017 at 8:40pm
Well i no i'll be going to both...it'd be rude not to
Cabs...

Atari Starwars
Robotron (Euro scratch build)
Defender (scratch build)
stegrey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stegrey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2017 at 8:57pm
i dont know what day to go the sat or sun :/ will the sat be the main day with john going? :)
*SMG*
Wanted: Cabs: Paperboy, Daytona
Pcbs: Splatterhouse, WWf the arcade game
Joker CK View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joker CK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2017 at 9:39pm
Is it possible to bring along a non-Vac member? I'm stopping at a friend's house and he wants to come along to Arcade Club too so would feel bad if I abandon him. Plus I don't want to jeopardise my free nights accommodation!
strykr View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strykr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2017 at 10:07pm
Originally posted by Joker CK Joker CK wrote:

Is it possible to bring along a non-Vac member? I'm stopping at a friend's house and he wants to come along to Arcade Club too so would feel bad if I abandon him. Plus I don't want to jeopardise my free nights accommodation!

Any non vac members must be able to 1cc Taito's Football champ to gain entry......
Wanted - Electrocoin Wheels Runner Cabinet http://tinyurl.com/oq6dkau
Badlands & Champ sprint TG mame WR holder
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 21>
  Share Topic