ukVac.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Arcade > Meetings & Events
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Sky Skipper Reveal & UK-VAC Meet 2017@Arcade Club
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Sky Skipper Reveal & UK-VAC Meet 2017@Arcade Club - Event Date: 14 Oct 2017 - 15 Oct 2017

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 21>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
frothmeister View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frothmeister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 9:16pm
Nice one Andy.

Myself and my +1 will be there from opening time til closing time on Saturday :)
robotech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robotech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 9:26pm
Hi andy i payed for me +1 on saturday
But your list above just shows me (shane Hanna) no +1

Thanks
mr_ppp View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mr_ppp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 11:19pm
Unfortunately I'm having to cancel my trip to the event due to monetary issues.

Gutted but hope everyone has a great weekend! Will be watching for the photos of the event eagerly
Flinnster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Flinnster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 11:34pm
Originally posted by Danscu Danscu wrote:

Just wondered if anyone local to Bournemouth is driving up and might be able to bring back a Naomi control panel and a few small bits for me, for me then to pick up afterwards?

Reason is I'm flying up and just realised I'm probably not going to have room in my cabin luggage for it all!

Not 'local to Bournemouth' really, but I can by all means ferry this down to Surrey for you. I have family in Dorset too, so I am down there every once in while.

Wanted: - PCBs: Rainbow Islands, Bomb Jack, Rolling Thunder
- Parts needed: Naomi non-swivel castor / wheel, coin mech metal clip for Dino King Door
Danscu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danscu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 11:38pm
Originally posted by Flinnster Flinnster wrote:

Originally posted by Danscu Danscu wrote:

Just wondered if anyone local to Bournemouth is driving up and might be able to bring back a Naomi control panel and a few small bits for me, for me then to pick up afterwards?

Reason is I'm flying up and just realised I'm probably not going to have room in my cabin luggage for it all!

Not 'local to Bournemouth' really, but I can by all means ferry this down to Surrey for you. I have family in Dorset too, so I am down there every once in while.
Thanks mate for the offer, I'm sorted now thoughSmile  See you at the weekend!
Looking for:)

Electrocoin Goliath Mk 3
Sega Shootout Pool marquee
Space
stegrey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stegrey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 11:43pm
Hi andy im planning to stay for the day (opening till closing) with my cousin and his lad.. what happens about the one out one in if people only pop out for a smoke?

Edited by stegrey - 11 Oct 2017 at 11:48pm
*SMG*
Wanted: Paperboy cab
Pcbs: Splatterhouse, WWf the arcade game
Sprint View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sprint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 11:58pm
Looking forward to this, plan to be up from Basingstoke for Saturday + Sunday.  Will be driving an estate car so could move stuff if anybody is interested.

It was my intention to try to set a pac-land record one day at arcade club but at the moment I'm a bit out of practice and couldn't get anywhere near the arcade record just now, but the MAME record isn't very high and would be quite beatable.  I know Saturday is going to be crazy busy so wouldn't attempt it then but if Sunday is a little quieter I could have a go then.

So question to Andy: is it possible to install a recent build of WolfMAME on one of your PCs at arcade club to do this on?  I can bring the rom definitions with me!
Chuckie egg View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Nintendo Arcade

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Chuckie egg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 7:14am
Just to let you know guys reveal and talk will be at 8pm and I want a photo of all of us afterwards so please hang around for that please.
Can't wait to see you all it's going to be a great party.
cNp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cNp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 12:11pm
I'll be taking pics again so can take a group shot as well as anyone else with a camera... so I can be in a group shot too without Alex having to use my camera and nearly fall off a chair ;)
Wanted: SEGA Power Drift PCB, Arkanoid Upright
Turnarcades View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turnarcades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 12:36pm
Originally posted by jonhughes jonhughes wrote:

Originally posted by blazerfrazer blazerfrazer wrote:

Im worried about me and my my lad watching the reveal, he is under 18 and not allowed on the second floor, how can we work this? can he sneak up just to watch the reveal and straight back down? He knows all about  Sky Skipper and is really looking forward to it. I cant leave him on his own downstairs he is only 8.

My son is also going who is 9, my son goes off and does his own thing on the top floor - they'll be fine.

It's a very safe place guys, kids can't get lost and there's only one main way in or out the building, so kids will be fine for a while going about their biz.

Looking forward to it myself. Some guys on this list I've not had chance to talk to in a long time, and want to catch up. Virtually all of the Revival crew will now be in attendance too, so be good chance to speak to any of us if you're interested in contributing to next year's event or have any ideas for things we can do :).

If you need me, I'll be eating teriyaki noodles over by the bar, with a familiar face and a pissed-up brummie in tow.
Knuckle scrapes, Stanley cuts, glue gun burns and power tool injuries from the workshop since 2004
blazerfrazer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blazerfrazer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 8:57pm

That’s great that  the kids will be fine, not been before but the atmosphere in the pictures and videos looks awesome, i was mainly wondering about the actual reveal session, can my boy stand with me while we watch or has he got to say downstairs?

bonehead View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bonehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 10:01pm
So who is going up Friday to arcade club and Saturday?
I'm hoping to be there for both nights.

Always looking for a bargain.
Wanted. Centipede uprigh, bezerk, mad planets.
edget2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edget2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 10:05pm
Originally posted by bonehead bonehead wrote:

So who is going up Friday to arcade club and Saturday?
I'm hoping to be there for both nights.

i'm in manchester on the friday night... might head over to AC...
WANTED ->Tempest Cabaret, Atari TimePilot,Asteroids Cabaret!!
Flinnster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flinnster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 11:09pm
See you all Saturday at some point Wink

Wanted: - PCBs: Rainbow Islands, Bomb Jack, Rolling Thunder
- Parts needed: Naomi non-swivel castor / wheel, coin mech metal clip for Dino King Door
silversmurfer View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silversmurfer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 7:24am
will be popping my Arcade Club cherry this weekend - not met many of you yet, looking forward to putting more faces to names !
bonehead View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bonehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 10:06am
Anyone else for Friday night as well?
Always looking for a bargain.
Wanted. Centipede uprigh, bezerk, mad planets.
Chuckie egg View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Nintendo Arcade

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chuckie egg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 10:16am
Me whitney and John will be there Friday tonight mate
edget2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edget2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 10:27am
I'm in a Hotel next to eventcity for play ... Manchester Trafford Centre West... anyone know the best route to get to AC via trams rather than getting a taxi for tonight .. I can imagine taxi's both ways would seriously dent my beer fund. For Saturday i'm fine as a few VACs are stopping in hotels around the Play event.
Purity View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members
The Oracle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Purity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 10:49am
Originally posted by edget2000 edget2000 wrote:

I'm in a Hotel next to eventcity for play ... Manchester Trafford Centre West... anyone know the best route to get to AC via trams rather than getting a taxi for tonight .. I can imagine taxi's both ways would seriously dent my beer fund. For Saturday i'm fine as a few VACs are stopping in hotels around the Play event.

I live near the hotel and your not really near a tram stop.  Choices are Stretford tram stop, which is probably more direct to Bury, or the stop at Eccles.  The stop at Eccles would need to go through Salford before joining the Altrincham to Manchester line.  You need to head towards Victoria station as that's the right direction to go to Bury.  Both journeys will take a while, but I would say the Eccles journey would be longer.

I'm not attending either Play or the UKVac meet this time around, but hope you all have a good time.

edget2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edget2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 10:55am
Originally posted by Purity Purity wrote:

I live near the hotel and your not really near a tram stop.  Choices are Stretford tram stop, which is probably more direct to Bury, or the stop at Eccles.  The stop at Eccles would need to go through Salford before joining the Altrincham to Manchester line.  You need to head towards Victoria station as that's the right direction to go to Bury.  Both journeys will take a while, but I would say the Eccles journey would be longer.

I'm not attending either Play or the UKVac meet this time around, but hope you all have a good time.

Nothing is ever easy!! Shocked

But cheers for the info, will start planning in my last couple of hours at work ... Then off to the train station Thumbs Up Beer

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 21>
  Share Topic