ukVac.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Arcade > Meetings & Events
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Sky Skipper Reveal & UK-VAC Meet 2017@Arcade Club
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Sky Skipper Reveal & UK-VAC Meet 2017@Arcade Club - Event Date: 14 Oct 2017 - 15 Oct 2017

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 192021
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Chuckie egg View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Nintendo Arcade

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Chuckie egg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 7:48pm
Well what can i say.
What a fantastic turn out by you guys it was something you should all be proud of ClapClapClap
The atmosphere was electric and everyone seemed to be enjoying them self's which is what i wanted.
i have to say i was so stressed and nervous  i really didn't feel for it at all, until the lock on the toilet came off 5 minutes before i went on stage and i couldn't get out LOL  Felt like spinal tap all over again.
This actually made me giggle to my self and my mood changed completely.
Anyway i hope you all enjoyed it ? 
Great to have john there of coarse and Whitney and family to help me along.
Everything was just perfect and i have to thank all of you guys for making it happen.
ill up load a video soon to thanking you all.
thanks again and roll on 2018 Clap

Flinnster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flinnster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 9:00pm
Originally posted by Chuckie egg Chuckie egg wrote:

Anyway i hope you all enjoyed it ?

You gotta be kidding me? It was amazing! I have no idea how anyone will be able to top last weekend! Big smile

Having John & Whitney there made it all the more special. I do hope they find a few moments to get on the forums to continue their stories and say Hi Wink

Edited by Flinnster - 17 Oct 2017 at 9:01pm

Wanted: - PCBs: Rainbow Islands, Bomb Jack, Rolling Thunder
- Parts needed: Naomi non-swivel castor / wheel, coin mech metal clip for Dino King Door
porchy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote porchy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 3:00pm
As someone that was half way through losing interest in the hobby I have to say I had a brilliant time and has renewed my interest and enthusiasm for it all to some degree. Also ended up with a bag of Kinder Buenos too so my night way pretty much perfect
I'm a social retard so never actually talked to many that I really wanted to but I did get around some people I've never spoken to before.

Arcade Club is an amazing place and can't wait to go back. Hope there are more meets like this to come in the future.
Thanks to all involved in setting this up.
lesdawsonslovechild View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lesdawsonslovechild Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 4:12pm
The Skyskipper reveal was amazing. It was great to see a dead project resurrected like that & all down to the enthusiasm & dedication of a few niche enthusiasts. I wish i'd got to chat to Alex, Witney & John, but they looked like men in demand, & are no doubt knackered now!!!!

Well done to all invlovedClap
JohnBud View Drop Down
There's only one JB, only one JB!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnBud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 6:08pm
it was a great event but over too soon Cry i spent most of the time talking to people and generally being mr sociable LOL a great gesture getting in some tennents for me Hug i saw most of the usual suspects but didn't really talk to them. i think i freaked out some guys as i lunged at their chests to turn over name cards LOL 

some highlights

talking in strong glaswegian whilst talking to mr john's arcade LOL totally didn't have a clue what i was saying LOL

picking up some spoils Big smile

watching guys trying to chuck a table across a room LOL

meeting some guys that i really should have met a long time ago Cool

downsides

i went to my van for a smoke and fell asleep Cry

couldn't stay for another day Cry

missed the late lock in Cry

i'm defo up for a double visit per year. this place rocks Clap thanks to andy and guinivere for their hospitality and welcome Hug i really appreciated the gestures Cool

twice yearly ???

smarty View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smarty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 6:25pm
I had a great time, nothing more to add than what's already been said. 

As always there we plenty of people I should have spoken to but didn't, plenty of peeps I did chat with which was cool.

The reveal was fun, and was hosted in the correct venue, which was very impressive.

UKvAc at its best! Roll on for next years event.
jumpnfire.com

MOST WANTED CABS:
virtvic View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members
Chizels 4 life!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote virtvic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 7:20pm
I got there in a bit of a foul mood after being in a car for 5 hours then being told we couldn't book into the hotel when we got there, so had to go back into town to find somewhere to eat to kill some time, when I just wanted to get at the games!

Mood settled when I got there and saw familiar faces and started taling to people.

Loved floor 2 (as well as my old mate, floor 1) Wife and I got right into Jubeat again and I even had a go on Museca - that is a fine game! Played a bunch of old stuff too, even though I have most of what I played at home - it's always the same with me!

Why oh why haven't we got something similar in the south? Unhappy

More of my thoughts will be on the next podcast...
THE PENCE IS MIGHTIER THAN THE SWORD!

Check out the podcast

http://tenpencearcade.co.uk
cNp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cNp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 8:07pm
Such a good day, and as brilliant a night out as any I've had really.  So many people I know now I would consider proper mates as well as those I met once or twice who are all top guys and girls and new folks too.  So much genuine laughter and chat.

The new floor of Arcade Club is essentially perfect.

Special thanks to Mr and Mrs DJ Rouge for lifts to and, especially, from Trafford Park to Arcade Club.  Thankless task driving 3 drunk guys in the middle of the night through the most confusing roadworks ever... I hope they've finished building the infrastructure by next year!

Suspect it won't be a year before I'm back mind you.

I love taking photos and this is really about the people so I wanted to capture that side as much as possible... low light conditions and no one stood still makes for a little challenge but I'm happy with the bunch I ended up with after a cull and edit :)
Wanted: SEGA Power Drift PCB, Arkanoid Upright
bonehead View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bonehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 8:20pm
Ok as we all had a brilliant time shall we do a mini meet? Maybe something in the early part of new year?

I would be up for that and I'm sure once the ladies in our lives get nice Xmas presents we should get another arcade pass!!!!

Edited by bonehead - 18 Oct 2017 at 9:06pm
Always looking for a bargain.
Wanted. Centipede uprigh, bezerk, mad planets.
K1ngarth3r View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote K1ngarth3r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 8:34pm
I'm up for a twice-yearly meet! 
Looking for: American Laser Games stuff!, Dragon's Lair 2 dedicated cab
Hurray Banana View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hurray Banana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 9:25pm
Originally posted by bonehead bonehead wrote:

Ok as we all had a brilliant time shall we do a mini meet? Maybe something in the early part of new year?

Sounds good Steve
TonyElyod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyElyod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 1:38am
See/Serve You ALL this Saturday..!!!LOL

GAME ON.................................!!!Big smile
WHO DARES GINS !!
lesoleil70 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lesoleil70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 6:35pm
Really enjoyed the event, met tons of great people and put faces to names etc.
Already looking forward to the next one.  Motorway queues not included.
Cabs/Projects:
Stern:Berzerk
ENV:Donkey Kong Junior
Midway:Space Invaders
Atari:Pole Position II
Zaccaria:Dodgem
Adelphi Coin:Challenger II
Universal:Space Panic
Taito:Galaxian
Nintendo:Space Firebird
tin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 hours 6 minutes ago at 10:54pm
Really really great event, at the perfect venue. Met some more of you 'vaccers and a couple of faces I actually correctly recognised from last time!

Loved the chuck-the-table game and jubeat, and of course the reveal - while not my thing I got right in there with the crowd because of all the efforts made by everyone on stage. I bet the non-vaccers in there were very WTF!

I have thought and said this before but Andy and team have to be very proud of the place, and may it live for a very long time to come. Now I have to get there even more often.

Mini-meet or twice yearly or whatever definitely!!
This is your crew chief // Yeah, the course is really tough // But it's a beautiful day // So good luck!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 192021
  Share Topic