Forum Home Forum Home > Arcade > General Arcade Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Smallest Cabinet Dimensions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IslandStrife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Smallest Cabinet Dimensions
    Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 8:04pm
Hi all,

Im interested in the smallest sized arcade cabinet you know of.

I've found something called a Vartex Cadet but cant see dimensions anywhere.

Anyone know or have any knowledge of anything smaller ?

Basically I'm after the smallest sized cabs available . . .
Any cab with a small footprint considered and more space.
Much more space.
virtvic View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members
The Cabaret King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote virtvic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 8:13pm
The smallest you can get before going on to the 'bar top' cabs are Sega Dino/mushi Kings / Love n Berry.

Then you are into 'cabaret' style cabinets. My favourites are the unfortunately named 'Isis' cabs made back in the day by British firm Subelectro.

That Vartex Kadet is pretty small too.
THE PENCE IS MIGHTIER THAN THE SWORD!

Check out the podcast

http://tenpencearcade.co.uk
Flinnster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flinnster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 9:33pm
Yep, Dino Kings official measurements are:

61cm (deep) x 45cm (wide) x 169cm (high) .... but that includes the oversized dinosaur cutout cardboard art at the top. Mine are actually 1m24cm high.

Even so, I'm having a challenge fitting 5 in a row in the spare room. #ArcadeExtensionNeeded

Wanted: - PCBs: Rainbow Islands, Rolling Thunder, Original Wonderboy PCB
- Parts needed: Naomi non-swivel castor / wheel, coin mech metal clip for Dino King Door
bomjac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bomjac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 3:12am
The generic Subelectro are not exactly cabaret size - more like mud way between cabaret and full.

Williams cabarets are pretty small (and rare!) tho. Atari's vector cabarets are tiny, as are the taito ones and nit forgetting the various bootlegs that exist in UK.
virtvic View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members
The Cabaret King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote virtvic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 5:28am
You saying Isis aren’t cabaret? - they are certainly cabaret.

Check out the podcast

jugemscloud View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jugemscloud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 6:41am
Originally posted by virtvic virtvic wrote:

You saying Isis aren’t cabaret? - they are certainly cabaret.

Life is a cabaret, cabs are for Christmas not just life, the term Isis has definitely just flagged this place up on mi6's watch list lol, how many jihadi's can you fit in a cabaret? None, theyre more of a leaderless ensemble. Badoom tsch wait... I'm getting confused, let's get back on topic.

There are also wall mounted cabs typically seen in Germany that are about the same size as bartops but these aren't floor standing. Floor standing as was mentioned would be the modern Sega mini card reader cabs (metal body) or cabarets (wooden body)
JohnBud View Drop Down
There's only one JB, only one JB!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnBud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 7:38am
the smallest woody would be from the atari range of cabs. i think bomjac is talking about the isis galaga cabs ??? a bit bigger than the smaller isis cabs and 1 of my faves Thumbs Up
penrhos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote penrhos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 8:02am
Tatio trimline's are nice & compact. But you can't beat an isis
Bods View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 1:35pm
The Girlfriend's Video Owl machine is smaller than any other Woody I've seen can measure it later but I know it's only around 16/17" wide

Slightly bigger than Dino King height wise as you need to stand at it but only around 5ft but about same width and depth, only trouble is I've not see one for sale in years

Smaller than my Atari Battlezone  Cabaret
WANTED! Buggy Boy Junior Rear Seat. Continental Circus Cockpit Lower Rear Light Plexi and more space
jengineer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jengineer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 5:06pm
smallest I've had is probably this, it was tiny, you could lift it upstairs on your own

Edited by jengineer - 14 Feb 2018 at 5:09pm
ooooooh if I had the space (and the money) I'd have that...
virtvic View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members
The Cabaret King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote virtvic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 7:37pm
You could probably lift that cab because it has an lcd screen rather than a good ol' crt.

Check out the podcast

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic