ukVac.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Trading Post > For Sale
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

(SOLD) Taito TT Block cocktail

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MetalSlugger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: (SOLD) Taito TT Block cocktail
    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 at 3:39am
Hi all, hope everyone is doing well Smile

Selling my Taito TT Block cocktail that I picked up from eBay quite sometime ago. I was going to restore it but like all projects I think we know what happened LOL It's been kept under a sheet under my stairs and now that I'm moving it needs to go. My technical knowledge is very limited so I haven't been able to diagnose what the problem is with it and I haven't poked around too much as I've been zapped enough times from other electronics in my time to know better now. When plugged in the monitor powers up nice and bright but that's as far as it gets. From what I can see everything is there so most likely a board issue? Cosmetically the photos speak for themselves, it's seen better days. Dated late 1976/1977 so been around quite sometime. Bad points, no coin tray and there's damage around the coin tray where it's been pried open, one of the legs is at an angle and could do with bending back into place. Legs have surface rust and pitting. Again the pictures do a better job describing than I can hence why I've put so many. Doesn't have keys but is unlocked. Measures 87cm x 57cm x 61cm. Located in Cheltenham, Gloucestershire.

I've only seen a few sell online between £150 and £350 based on there condition so offer only what you think it's worth haha

Thanks Thumbs Up

Louis

Edited by MetalSlugger - 02 Aug 2020 at 10:36pm
MetalSlugger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MetalSlugger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2020 at 3:48pm
Bump
Flinnster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flinnster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2020 at 5:28pm
[snip!] sorry thought this was a valuations thread. Ooopsie.

Edited by Flinnster - 22 Jul 2020 at 9:59pm

WTD: Outrun DLX (REALLY!), Rolling Thunder PCB
Parts WTD: Any Dino King / LnB / MushiKing Spare Parts!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MetalSlugger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2020 at 8:07pm
Last shameful bump before it ends up on eBay as I’m moving soon, any offers are much appreciated
Thank you all
Flinnster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flinnster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2020 at 8:28pm
Nooo.. don't let it get stripped of it's innards and control panels and badly LCD'd Ermm

WTD: Outrun DLX (REALLY!), Rolling Thunder PCB
Parts WTD: Any Dino King / LnB / MushiKing Spare Parts!
_Matt_ View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Matt_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2020 at 8:54pm
I'm on here at least a dozen times a day and I missed this post completely up until now so it may be worth giving it a couple more bumps before going to Ebay.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MetalSlugger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2020 at 9:02pm
Going on eBay tomorrow as I need it gone within the next 2 weeks. Worth £150 to anyone? Thanks
backflipper View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backflipper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2020 at 9:36pm
Sent you a pm.
I’ll take it.
NivagSwerdna View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NivagSwerdna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2021 at 3:13pm
I really don't understand why there isn't more demand for them.

They are tables and can be pretty useful since you can put stuff on top of them and pretend they take up zero space!  
Sbdesign View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sbdesign Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2021 at 3:25pm
The floor plan/space to use and walk around a table for 2p is huge vs upright.
An upright can use the same walkway in front of cab, to stand & use the cab.  
A table could use as much floor space as 2 perhaps even 3 upright cabs due to the above

So when space is the most expensive part of the hobby, or biggest thing most people lack, it makes the decision to buy a table a lot less attractive.

Your idea of how to make it use zero space also gives a zero purpose for the cab.
So I don't get why people would get a table arcade to store stuff on, rather than save the pennies and store on the floor.

======================================
Do not Sell a Cab to SBDESIGN!
J69 View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2021 at 6:25pm
I'm loving my Taito cocktail. I've spent about £150 on a Jamma adaptor and 2 nos control panels, and I've chucked in my 60-1 pcb. Just need to wire up 2 x 4 way sticks and I can while away the hours on Pac-Man, frogger, donkey kong, galaga etc.

It also plays modern vert games (as long as they only use 2 buttons!)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic