Forum Home Forum Home > Trading Post > Auctions & Ebay Stuff
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Star Wars Cockpit £ 9.500

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Star Wars Cockpit £ 9.500
    Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 11:23am
that's appreciated some from new ? probably made some real money in coins along the way also? assuming the recent owners have not been crazy coin recyclers on free returns

just checked out the pictures its had OVER   £ 1/2 a million of plays the 10p meter alone is over £500k and the game still looks to be in fair order 

but crazy money unless you are a real starwars fan? 

undefeated arcade junk hoarder champion since 1977

IF YOU CHUCK IT AWAY YOU NEED IT THE NEXT DAY!!
Body pop View Drop Down

3 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Body pop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 11:35am
It’s been on for ages ,it simply won’t sell at anywhere near that price
But it makes other owners maybe think that theirs is worth that too
Just the usual eBay nonsense .
Nice cab ,wrong price
davwallace View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davwallace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 12:45pm
What would the actual price of a good condition Star Wars sitdown be at typically now? 3k/4k? I know one sold for 2/2.5k recently but not sure what condition it was in. Coinopswarehouse had one too for a mad price recently
Body pop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Body pop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 1:16pm
That one apparently sold for 4800 !
ghoulsnghosts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ghoulsnghosts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 1:32pm
Originally posted by davwallace davwallace wrote:

What would the actual price of a good condition Star Wars sitdown be at typically now? 3k/4k? I know one sold for 2/2.5k recently but not sure what condition it was in. Coinopswarehouse had one too for a mad price recently

My way of looking at it is when is this game going to come up for sale for 2.5k again?  & if it does it will probably be gone in 5 minutes anyway. A game I was after the other day came up on here, 10 minutes after it was posted it was sold, so I just bought one on ebay for a little more, 9.5 is too much yes but 4k just to get it is worth it I reckon

Body pop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Body pop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 3:25pm
There’s quite a difference in 9.5 k and 4 k
It’s a sellers market at the min for stuff like that
But people aren’t completely stupid and know a rip off price when they see it
Prices will return to reasonable at some stage again
ghoulsnghosts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ghoulsnghosts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 4:27pm
Originally posted by Body pop Body pop wrote:

There’s quite a difference in 9.5 k and 4 k
It’s a sellers market at the min for stuff like that
But people aren’t completely stupid and know a rip off price when they see it
Prices will return to reasonable at some stage again

yeah 9.5k is too much, if i was after it though I'd talk to the seller, see how much he is willing to come down in price, maybe he would let it go for 4k

I don't think prices will ever be what they were before though, the stuff is just too difficult to find now
paulcan69 View Drop Down
User
User
Can reburn OTP EPROMs! Fear my power!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulcan69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 8:28pm
10p
X 500,000
= 50k
Still good
Cab would have been 10k new I guess?
Most deluxe cabs were
Still 40k profit
Not many other games made that!!
Arcade Otaku name: paulcan69

ebay name: paulcan2
_Matt_ View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Matt_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 8:59pm
Wasn't it £10k to begin with. I'm like a viper coiled ready to pounce the moment it drops to £9,275
Body pop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Body pop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 9:22pm
Originally posted by _Matt_ _Matt_ wrote:

Wasn't it £10k to begin with. I'm like a viper coiled ready to pounce the moment it drops to £9,275

Lol .hes wanting very close to the 9.5 k so you may be in luck
antray84 View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote antray84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 9:29pm
There are probably 10 or 20 games that will never lose their price and just continue to rise. Unlike consoles, there is no chance Atari are going to suddenly re-release a crt vector full sizer version of the game. 

I don't see the Arcade 1ups seriously affecting prices. 

So it come's to that point of do you want 5-6-7-8k in the bank or do you want a Star Wars arcade machine, or (at lesser money) a DK an Outrun a Tron. 

Pretty sure this guy isn't loosing too much sleep over the lack of interest in his Cockpit. Eventually, one day, it will sell. 
Big Apple 3am
69er View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2020 at 9:42am
Originally posted by paulcan69 paulcan69 wrote:

10p
X 500,000
= 50k
Still good
Cab would have been 10k new I guess?
Most deluxe cabs were
Still 40k profit
Not many other games made that!!

sorry to point out you are saying I am wrong but look again....

ITS A 7 DIGIT METER like most of that era !! I see that as 5 million 164 thousand 2 hundred and 73 plays at 10p = £500.000

and because I supply amusement machines to County Councils centres across Cheshire and North Wales mis-reading a meter when emptying could have dire consequences when sorting the money out.

ACTUALLY its 5,000.000+ on the meter that's 10p units LIKE I POINTED OUT it wasn't the price I was surprised at it was the amount of money which had been entered or recycled via the game income meter.. IF THAT WAS A USED CAR YOU WOULD EXPECT TO SAY 'TOO HIGH MILEAGE' TO BE WORTH IT.

I have a box full of old meters and very few have moved the first digit off 0 and many have 2  zeros

and just to add nothing cost 10 grand back in 1983 

Edited by 69er - 15 Feb 2020 at 10:21am
undefeated arcade junk hoarder champion since 1977

IF YOU CHUCK IT AWAY YOU NEED IT THE NEXT DAY!!
Favorthebrave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Favorthebrave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2020 at 2:14pm
Sorry wrong subject

Edited by Favorthebrave - 26 Feb 2020 at 2:30pm
BR
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic